+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
During the processing of PR, if one adds their spouse to their PR application after getting married will a CoPR be generated just for primary applicant which holds true for the spouse as well (or) will the CoPR be generated individually ? Any thoughts ?
I guess it depends on whether that spouse was previously a common-law partner on your PR application. If not, then I guess he or she did not undergo security screening, did not provide their language test results, did not provide their degree confirmed by WES. So I don't know...

I think you still can bring them with you and they will be on an open work permit. I did that even without PR.

ruchin30

Feb 9, 2018
My AOR sep 8 2018. I was under RR for work experience. Recently I got remeds on 27th Sep 2019, and got a confirmation on call on passing of my eligibility. I have done remeds on 4th Oct 2019 from Elbeit Bangalore. Waiting for an update now

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
I got a message from GCMS buddy , actually a screenshot from IRCC stating that GCMS requests may take upto 90 days to process ( an extension of 90 days beyond the 30 days limit ) due to large number of records... any similar experience?

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I got a message from GCMS buddy , actually a screenshot from IRCC stating that GCMS requests may take upto 90 days to process ( an extension of 90 days beyond the 30 days limit ) due to large number of records... any similar experience?
Well I’m not surprised due to the immense backlogs which increases the demand for GCMS notes, I ordered my notes twice , 1st one was received in 4 weeks exactly ( Jan. 2019), 2nd one was ordered in May 31st & received on Aug. 14th . Nevertheless its date of generation was June 5th !!!

uday_ledzepp

Dec 23, 2018
Hi guys,

As I type this message my fingers tremble with joy and excitement.
Finally my moment has arrived. Its PPR!!!!
After a wait of 388 days it arrived in my inbox.

Below is my timeline -
2 applicants (my wife is the primary applicant)
AOR - 17th September 2018
Medical Passed - 17th October 2018
ADR 1 - Police clearance certificate for my wife some issue with the format (November 13th 2018)

...Long Silence...

First GCMS ordered - 9th January 2019 received - 6th February 2019 (Review required for job duties and responsibilities)
Sent an LOE(Letter of explanation)
Nobody touched the file after November 2018.

...Long Silence continues...

Tried to send a webform.
Somewhere around March end got a response that the file is transferred to London Visa Office.

Tried to contact LVO directly.
Got a response on April 11th 2019.
"Your file was recently transferred to our office and awaiting review by an officer."

...Silence...

Second GCMS ordered - 12th May 2019 received - 17th June 2019 (No updates - Review required for job duties and responsibilities)
Nobody had touched the application yet.

1st August 2019 - Boom! first ghost update
Additional documents status said - We need additional documents to continue processing your application.
9th August 2019 - ADR 2 - Employment contract for wife experience, all the pay-slips, last 6 months bank statement

20th August 2019 - Medical expired
Medical status changed to - You do not need medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

25th September 2019 - ADR 3 - Schedule A, Travel history, Additional Family Info, Police certificate for resident country(for both the applicants)

1st October 2019 - Background status changed to - We are processing your background check.
2nd October 2019 - Medical passed (extended as no re-medical)

10-10-2019 - PPR!!

This wait has taught me many lessons of life.
This group had been my only ray of hope during this excruciating and never ending wait.
Whenever I saw someone's PPR message, it used to give me a boost to continue with my life.
Whoever is waiting, don't lose hope guys, don't stop living, it'll come.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Have no clue what else to do - been calling them every week, raised cse, contacted MP's office

It has been 1 month since file was cleared but still waiting on medical decision - remed or med extention :mad:
(Timeline in Signature)

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Have no clue what else to do - been calling them every week, raised cse, contacted MP's office

It has been 1 month since file was cleared but still waiting on medical decision - remed or med extention :mad:
(Timeline in Signature)
At least your file has been cleared out.

Mine still RR for POF since last December! medical expired more than 2 months ago, and security has not started.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I think these replies r too generic! It is the same type of reply when u raise a webform but faster.
Faster??!?? Bud webform takes weeks, whereas Ralph replies within a day.. Generic replies are all we are supposed to get anyway.. main thing is status of Eligibility, Criminality and Security. Thats what most of us are concerned about and that’s what they reply about. Twice i raised a webform and they told me to raise a webform by selecting specific visa office as mine is london, other times it took time for them to reply. Trust me Ralph is doing God’s work by giving us replies. And that also within a day or so, that’s what my experience has been anyway.

Especially for me I must say, who’s file is outside Canada and us LVO applicants cant even call IRCC to get update like many other applicants who’s files are within Canada, well lately i think they have stopped giving replies on the phone altogether but either ways it didnt make a difference for me, as they never told me my application status on the phone to begin with..

I am so thankful to Ralph and his office, because where everything and everyone else (gcms,cbsa, CSEs, emails to VO) would take alot of time, Ralph would be the only one to reply me within a day or few days max.

Reactions: morcerf

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I ordered gcms been 2 months plus no answer, ordered cbsa been 45 days or so no update... so yeah i think notes are taking time lately, also it might be worth noting that since elections are going on, hence government offices maybe busy...?