+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Canada2019__

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi all,

This journey is truly over for me: I received my PR card yesterday.

AOR: September 5, 2018
PPR: June 25, 2019
AOR to PPR: nearly 10 months.

Passport sent: July 2, 2019
COPR received: July 22, 2019
Passport sent to COPR received: 20 days

Landed: July 27, 2019
PR card received: August 28, 2019
Landed to PR card received: 32 days

I feel like every step of this process took more time than normal, so I am really happy that it’s come to an end!

Now I am very grateful to be in Canada as a permanent resident. When you put things into perspective, it took me about a year to become PR, which is really not that much given what the opportunity of being a Canadian PR is.

Good luck to you all, may you get PPR soon!

Congrats :)

Reactions: opotato

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
@kzeed12 , Hi, thank you for responding, Letter from both my organisations stating my name, designation, CTC, no. of working hours and roles and responsibilities was already collected and submitted, however GCMS notes states " Unable to confirm NOC for work experience with 'Organisation 1' Unable to confirm NOC for work experience with 'Organisation 2' Review required. " Could you help me out with what should be my next step as the comment was added on February 2019 and I'm afraid they might reject the application just because the verification is not complete, even when all the documents submitted are genuine.
What was the NOC you selected for organisation 1 & 2... Did you mention roles and responsibilities in the employment letter that matches with the NOC's selected ..
I would google the NOC and if you think you selected the correct NOC - i would include the responsibilities mentioned under the NOC in the employment letter again and send it to them unless you think you have to change the NOC and provide a detailed letter of explanation for the NOC.. Lets hope someone else here could weigh in or add more to this

Reactions: ashishpalsingh91

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha , My name, designation, CTC, no. of working hours and all the roles and responsibilities were mentioned on the company's letterhead, with signature of a senior/team leader.
Honestly, the information you have provided is insufficient to give you any advise. But most commonly this could happen for following reasons

1. Your roles and responsibilities fall across multiple NOCs ... Very common for example for software developers. And sometimes analyst think you should be some other NOC and not the one you have in your application.
2. Your roles and responsibilities are ambiguous and full of company / sector specific jargons which would make no sense to an outsider. The analyst can't possibly know details of each and every job and they rely on NOC descriptions to match your roles and responsibilities.
3. You were mistaken and you chose a wrong NOC and your roles and responsibilities indicate you should have chosen another one.
4. Your reference letter had insufficient information and very limited detail (opposite of point 2)

So, it could be N number of reasons why Analyst said what he said. If you're sure of your NOC choice and your documentation may be upload it again.

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hi guys,
I am sending the copy of my passport and photos to Ottawa. Does anyone know how long does it take to get CoPR back in mail? I am Inland.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
There is absolutely no way they will put you in Security Screening after 1 year. If you were marked for SS, then any RR you had would probably be reviewed and cleared within the 6 month timeline or they might just put you forward for SS and come back to your file once SS is completed to review your eligibility.

According to IRCC, it will be considered as unnecessary delay if they took 1 year to clear your eligibility when they knew file was marked for SS. hence, it is unethical by their standards.

Thx for your insights. So, why would they request such docs like Military records (I never served army) and schedule A\travel history?

Cheers

NAR010513

Jan 29, 2019
Hi Guys..

I have a question here. My AOR is sept 6th 2018... I received an ADR on 15th August 2019 and i submitted ADR on 22nd August.. yesterday I got my remed request..
My questions are

1) Does getting a remed request mean that everything in the application is fine or there are chances of still getting late for getting the PPR?

2) Does anyone in this forum has faced a similar situation.?

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hi Guys..

I have a question here. My AOR is sept 6th 2018... I received an ADR on 15th August 2019 and i submitted ADR on 22nd August.. yesterday I got my remed request..
My questions are

1) Does getting a remed request mean that everything in the application is fine or there are chances of still getting late for getting the PPR?

remed is usually sent near finalization when everything else is passed

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thx for your insights. So, why would they request such docs like Military records (I never served army) and schedule A\travel history?

Cheers
Schedule A is pretty common these days. They request it literally to everyone. Not sure about military records. Those details could just be random.

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
There is absolutely no way they will put you in Security Screening after 1 year. If you were marked for SS, then any RR you had would probably be reviewed and cleared within the 6 month timeline or they might just put you forward for SS and come back to your file
Unfortunately, you're mistaken brother.
Eligibility is reviewed by IRCC, security - by CBSA. CBSA decides which type of screening should be applied to a particular file, and they don't care about your eligibility or whatever. At the same time, IRCC doesn't care about your security - they just send your file to CBSA as soon as eligibility is passed.

So, if one has RR, he/she waits for IRCC to complete eligibility. And the fact that reviewing of eligibility took many months doesn't guarantee that CBSA won't send the file to comprehensive SS.

Redbull19950204

Aug 6, 2019
Unfortunately, you're mistaken brother.
Eligibility is reviewed by IRCC, security - by CBSA. CBSA decides which type of screening should be applied to a particular file, and they don't care about your eligibility or whatever. At the same time, IRCC doesn't care about your security - they just send your file to CBSA as soon as eligibility is passed.

So, if one has RR, he/she waits for IRCC to complete eligibility. And the fact that reviewing of eligibility took many months doesn't guarantee that CBSA won't send the file to comprehensive SS.
Seems quite right..

N i think my case has been marked for SS after Re-medicals..

Eligibility etc was "Recommended passed" n "file was waiting additional verifications" since January.

Aug 13th Passed the Remedicals n still waiting..

Visa office says file pending review by an officer.

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
HI guys
my AOR is 27 sep
and after that the eligibility and background check went in process ....and nothing after that. All the reponses are generic statements.
Is this normal ...like nothing even after 11 months ? Ibeleive my meds got expired too.
Can someone suggest please
Thanks

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi Guys..

My questions are

That is good news -

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
"Please feel free to request another update Sept 21, 2019."

This was the Goodale reply ( same i received 2 months ago).

What kind of deadline is it?! System generated? 21 sept i ll be reaching almost 13 months!

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
"Please feel free to request another update Sept 21, 2019."

This was the Goodale reply ( same i received 2 months ago).

What kind of deadline is it?! System generated? 21 sept i ll be reaching almost 13 months!

Looks like MP Goodale's office will make enquiries only in 3 Months interval

Reactions: Archavin89