+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

luisalbert

Star Member
May 28, 2017
sri lanka
Ok Sure, it sounds positive then. Thanks for that ! BTW I would like to know since I applied from India would my VO be outside Canada or inside ? How does a VO impact your application ? I see a list of Canadian IRCC offices and ones outside on the cic website.
some VO are faster than others, Ottawa being fastest Sydney and new delhi being slowest. You can call cic and ask the agent about your VO. if it's inside Canada they will tell you which one, if it is outside Canada it's most probably New Delhi for candidates from india

Reactions: inavneet

gelaty

Mar 29, 2019
Hi! Even my AOR is dated Sep 22, 2018 with medicals and RPRF all done prior to submitting the application. It says that you passed the medical exam and that no additional documents are required. I raised query using the "web form" option and I received their reply that the application is "still in process". Once again, after gap of couple weeks, I raised the same query, to which I received the same reply. Around a week more and it'll be 8 long, long months until I have not heard anything.

No offence but, other than waiting forever in the dark for the PPR email, please let me know is there anything I can do? And in my case, the medicals and RPRF are already done, so I'm not sure what would constitute IP1, IP2 or MEP- please let me know what do these terms signify/ indicate and where/ how can I get to know the respective dates?
Hi, of course there are plenty of things you can do!
1. Try to call them. Raising CSE does not provide any info, but call agents do, if you ask them politely.
Be specific and ask what your office is, what the status of your criminality and security. Mine: criminality was in progress, but security check was never started. Which means either they cometed it for several days before PPR or it was actually ongoing but status said-not startedo_O
Also ask if there are any review required or "red flags" in your eligibility section. They might answer and if there are any, order youy GCMS notes straight away.

Also ask to leave a note for an agent to review your file shortly because you've been waiting for 8!!! Months. They usually leave a note, at least I received an email from CIC in a week, confirming my call.

2. If you are Outland and dont have google hangouts, like in my country (this app is blocked), use other, i tried several, there are plenty for free calls apps.

3. If you feel like you cant reach them, try several consecutive times during morning canadian hours. I also couldnt, but after i passed 6 months mark, started to get through (have no clue why so).

4. Order GCMS notes. Although i stlii have not received them, i believe they sctually triggered some movement on my file, because somebody opened it one day. And thought: "Oh it looks good, why is it still on a shelf?"

Also, there are plenty of stories when applicants ordered notes, could see a reason for review required (comments of an agent) and provided new documents by raising CSE. And avoided refusal.

5. If nothing helps and you are outland, there is an option to email Ralph. But I always left it as a last measure. It can be done once. Can look for his email. I

It is not his responsibility to help you, but his good will, so i would ask him for help only after i could see my GCMS and be sure there are no review required. Or there was review required but i had submitted revised documents. To be sort of innocent. See what i'm trying to say? Otherwise he might say-well its your fault, not CIC.
Anyway, all he can do is to raise his own request.

6. If you are inland, you may also contact your MP (member if parliament, local).

By the way, IP2 means that status of your background check turns as following:
"Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

MEP is simply medical passed.

You are good with MEP and IP2.

Kech$M

Jan 7, 2019
Hello!!

Anyone in a similar situation - called CIC and emailed Ralph: all checks complete and passed since over a month now.

Awaiting final review and decision.

Reactions: CASM

inavneet

May 5, 2019
some VO are faster than others, Ottawa being fastest Sydney and new delhi being slowest. You can call cic and ask the agent about your VO. if it's inside Canada they will tell you which one, if it is outside Canada it's most probably New Delhi for candidates from india
Its Ottawa that what I have been told as per my discussion with agent last night. He has initiated a follow up on my docs as well. My eligibility is being reviewed and security is under check.

gg.4510

Apr 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Gor the Golden Email last night

AOR 25th September 2018
Medicals passed Mid Oct 2018
(Gave POF as balance certificate issued in month of September 2018 but no statement of past six months)

Got married 18th Nov 2018
Informed about the marriage in Feb 2019

04th Feb 2019-Received email to sendDocuments of wife and other supporting documents relating to marriage/relationship and updated POF within 30 days

04th March 2019- sent all the documents required to add spouse and other relationship and marriage proofs including updates POF as required for couple
(This time send FDR which i got done in Feb 2019)

20th March 2019 Received email for sending medical of spouse
29th March 2019 spouse got her
Medicals done

9th April 2019- status updated to medical passed (for spouse)

10th April 2019 called CIC agents (canada) for 1st and only time and was inforMed that my file has been sent to NDVO and no information can be given

30th April 2019 ordered GCMS

13th May 2019 PPR request

I feel that ordering GCMS helps you to get your file reopened and makes an agent to look at it.

Thank you everyone and all the best

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

Gor the Golden Email last night

AOR 25th September 2018
Medicals passed Mid Oct 2018
(Gave POF as balance certificate issued in month of September 2018 but no statement of past six months)

Got married 18th Nov 2018
Informed about the marriage in Feb 2019

04th Feb 2019-Received email to sendDocuments of wife and other supporting documents relating to marriage/relationship and updated POF within 30 days

04th March 2019- sent all the documents required to add spouse and other relationship and marriage proofs including updates POF as required for couple
(This time send FDR which i got done in Feb 2019)

20th March 2019 Received email for sending medical of spouse
29th March 2019 spouse got her
Medicals done

9th April 2019- status updated to medical passed (for spouse)

10th April 2019 called CIC agents (canada) for 1st and only time and was inforMed that my file has been sent to NDVO and no information can be given

30th April 2019 ordered GCMS

13th May 2019 PPR request

I feel that ordering GCMS helps you to get your file reopened and makes an agent to look at it.

Thank you everyone and all the best
Congrats on PPR
I am also September 2018 AOR. I got married on December 16/2018. Informed CIC of marriage in January 2019. But I never got an email from them to send documents for spouse. I don’t know ‍♂ why.. I voluntarily called IRCC and informed them of my marriage and they latter send me and email of documents but not given me a deadline like in your case. I think they might have lost my application somewhere

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I submitted documents to add my spouse on April 2019. It took me a while to get PCC from Saudi. I also ordered another set of gcms. Eagerly waiting for the reply

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
My work permit will expire in july and I am planning to apply in mid of july.

Why you want to apply it rightnow? Might be you will get your PPR this month or next month. In my opinion you should wait... you have enough time.
Thanks for the reply. They say we have apply 4 months prior to the expiry of WP. I’m still working in Canada so can’t afford to lose my status. What’s your status now. Are you an inland applicant

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You are right beregszasz... but some people can't understand these things.
You are the one who can’t understand, and I don’t want you to either. Your situation is different and mine is different so please don’t try to the mix the two or relate yourself to my position. Don’t know what kind of lala land you are living in but hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

Outright blatant discrimination exists. How about you just join one of the comprehensive SS groups? It will really become obvious to you by seeing the proportion of nationalities ratioed against each other. Gosh why am i even explaining it to you, in the end you just want to believe what you want to believe that’s it. Good for you.

gg.4510

Apr 24, 2019
Congrats on PPR
I am also September 2018 AOR. I got married on December 16/2018. Informed CIC of marriage in January 2019. But I never got an email from them to send documents for spouse. I don’t know ‍♂ why.. I voluntarily called IRCC and informed them of my marriage and they latter send me and email of documents but not given me a deadline like in your case. I think they might have lost my application somewhere
I got 30 days to send the documents. I submitted them within the stipulated time. Then haven't you updated them with the documents yet ?

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
If you think Discrimination in Canada, then its better to withdraw your file, why are you coming in Canada???
We are in Canada and in our case also Security officer is also taking long time...
I totally agree. Canada is very sensitive in decrimination question. We all are waiting too long. I've mentioned already in my earlier post: I am in Canada since 2014: studying here, paying taxes and still not getting the ppr right away. I am almost finishing my 8th month of waiting. So, you don't have to blame Canada in descrimination. This is an amazing country.

Reactions: Source_Of_Smile

KATAMAPAH

Mar 7, 2019
Can anyone send the link and the instructions on how to order GCMS notes? 8 months period has passed this weekend and still haven't received a single update since I applied (inland, CEC, Nova Scotia VO)