Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Guys. I have an issue. When I spoke to CIC in March, I was told Eligibility met, medicals passed, security pending.
I called them now and was told medicals passed, no interview needed and they are reviewing eligibility and security hasn't started yet.
Now I'm confused. Will be hitting 8months in a few days .

trikcstar

Jun 25, 2018
Guys. I have an issue. When I spoke to CIC in March, I was told Eligibility met, medicals passed, security pending.
I called them now and was told medicals passed, no interview needed and they are reviewing eligibility and security hasn't started yet.
The only way to know what's going on is if you order GCMS to know why the eligibility is under review. It could just mean that a senior officer needs to review before finalizing...or something else..

trikcstar

Jun 25, 2018
This is typical of Ottaw Processing office.... for some weird reason i'm beginning to think the Visa offices take turns in issuing out PPRs in a year. Last year, Ottawa was issuing out like the Armageddon was near... now it's AVO - Accra doing it...I could be wrong..

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Final status of Eligibility is “passed” till then the response will be “reviewing your Eligibility..” or “in queue for review..”
Eligibility is met after review by a Case Processing Agent that must have happened about 2 months into your application

trikcstar

Jun 25, 2018
Final status of Eligibility is “passed” till then the response will be “reviewing your Eligibility..” or “in queue for review..”
Eligibility is met after review by a Case Processing Agent that must have happened about 2 months into your application

Okay, so there's Met and Passed and under review ...

Met - when the first officer/Case Processing Agent reviews it.

Under Review - when it's moved or waiting for a Program Officer or Higher officer to give final review

Passed - After the Higher officer is done reviewing it.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Okay, so there's Met and Passed and under review ...

Met - when the first officer/Case Processing Agent reviews it.

Under Review - when it's moved or waiting for a Program Officer or Higher officer to give final review

Passed - After the Higher officer is done reviewing it.

Correct me if i'm wrong...
Yes, that’s correct. Although technically “under review” is not a status in itself, just a waiting phase till an officer picks up and reviews an application.

trikcstar

Jun 25, 2018
Yes, that’s correct. Although technically “under review” is not a status in itself, just a waiting phase till an officer picks up and reviews an application.
Wow....

It's really a process that requires one to be patient. I've been hearing under review and thinking it was a bad thing. So many times my heart has leaps into my mouth and i digest it.

Just yesterday, I called and was told that the application is in queue for review and waiting for an officer to look at it.

Then it makes me wonder how some people who have submitted in December and January are getting PPR and those who submitted earlier are waiting for a review officer...

Reactions: chsava and SaOsh

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Wow....

It's really a process that requires one to be patient. I've been hearing under review and thinking it was a bad thing. So many times my heart has leaps into my mouth and i digest it.

Just yesterday, I called and was told that the application is in queue for review and waiting for an officer to look at it.

Then it makes me wonder how some people who have submitted in December and January are getting PPR and those who submitted earlier are waiting for a review officer...
True. My friend applied in November 2018 and got her PPR in March 2019. I don't understand why they don't clear their backlogs.

trikcstar

Jun 25, 2018
True. My friend applied in November 2018 and got her PPR in March 2019. I don't understand why they don't clear their backlogs.
Just today someone who applied in January just got her PPR in May. Accra Visa Office. And September is still waiting for their PPR.