+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hello guys! I got the PPR email this morning too.
FSW outside Canada. Ukraine.
Invitation - 22.08.2018
AOR. - 07.09.2018
RPRF - 07.09.2018
Medicals passed - 01.10.2018
Biometrics requested - 01.10.2018
IP1 - around 17.10.2018
IP2 - 23.11.2018 (criminality was passed according to the GCMS notes, also eligibility was met)
08.03.2019 called IRCC - eligibility met, medicals passed, criminality passed, security wasn't started.
ADR - 03.04.2019 Schedule A, POF, IMM5562, uploaded 05.04.2019
11.04.2019 Ghost update.
12.04.2019 Called IRCC. The agent said my security check started.
13.04.2019 Ghost update.
17.04.2019 ready for visa.
I was following different forums. I believe, security checks take a few days when they really start it. Don't lose hope. As you can see they haven't touched my file since November, but after they did it took 2 weeks to finalise everything. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! I am from Ukraine as well, just FSW inland. Hope to receive my Golden email soon as well. My AOR is Sep. 30th

gelaty

Mar 29, 2019
Hi guys, I received a ghost update this weekend and yesterday I called the call center. The agent told me that the ghost update I received is because my application has been approved but the email hasn't been sent out yet. My timeline is:

AOR 27 Septemeber 2018
Med Passed 26 October
No updates whatsoever
IP2 since AOR
Biometrics collected on 30 October
Ghost update 13 April 2019
Called on 16 April and said my application has been approved

Now waiting for the golden email

GOOD LUCK to every one!
Orjela, have you already received your PPR mail?

I guess my timeline will be similar, since i am also IP2 since the very AOR abd also gave biometrics

Klopp1892

Dec 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

Got ready for Visa emailApril 10th

AOR: Sept 1st
Meds passed: October
Ghost update 2 days before received ready for visa email. Background check completed and eligibility met in this time
No ADR
Biometrics requested Sept - provided November 9th (I was travelling so couldnt make nearest apppointment)
FSW - O
No dependants.
Paid all fees upfront
Didnt order GCMS
Sent CSE once I passed the 6 month mark
Rang immigration once
VO - Sydney, NS

To everyone else waiting, Best of luck!

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

Got ready for Visa emailApril 10th

AOR: Sept 1st
Meds passed: October
Ghost update 2 days before received ready for visa email. Background check completed and eligibility met in this time
No ADR
Biometrics requested Sept - provided November 9th (I was travelling so couldnt make nearest apppointment)
FSW - O
No dependants.
Paid all fees upfront
Didnt order GCMS
Sent CSE once I passed the 6 month mark
Rang immigration once
VO - Sydney, NS

To everyone else waiting, Best of luck!
Congratulations!

Reactions: rain8

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
I called IRCC yesterday
AOR 13 sept
RPRf paid 24 feb
Eligibility- passed
Criminality-passed
Security-in progress ( agent told me that security started in March)
VO- ottawa
How much time security usually take to complete?
what was the content of your letter?

Did it have this keyword:We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

chintan3387

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have been silently reading posts on this forum for quite a long time.
But today before 30 minutes I received the Golden email asking to submit my passport to New Delhi Visa Office.
I called 3 times in last month to know my status, till 16th April the only reply I got was that my Eligibility has passed.
So I never went to IP2 or anything. Status on the portal kept saying Background check has not been started.

So the only advice I have for everyone who is still waiting is that, Do not read much into what online Portal says.

All the best to everyone waiting for their PR, I am sure it is on its way!!

onlysalman

Oct 30, 2017
Hi guys i hve couple of questions concerning me if anyone can help!!

My AOR date is 7 sep 2018
And My medical reports will expire on 19th July 2019

1) As of now I haven’t received ppr email ( my eligibility, medical & criminality is passed as per gcms report), at what stage i could be requested to go for medical exam again?

2) if i am lucky enough to get a visa stamped by end of may-19, do i need to land before expiry of medicals ??

Thanks in advance

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019

1) As of now I haven’t received ppr email ( my eligibility, medical & criminality is passed as per gcms report), at what stage i could be requested to go for medical exam again?

2) if i am lucky enough to get a visa stamped by end of may-19, do i need to land before expiry of medicals ??

Thanks in advance
Do u have an idea when did ur eligibility pass ?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018

Thanks in advance
The request for re-medicals is at the officer's discretion. It is possible that IRCC may ask you to do another exame before they issue the PR. They may also issue the visa with a deadline for July 2019 to enter Canada. I am not sure if you can even submit your medical exam upfront. So, it would be best to wait for a request from IRCC. There are cases where the officer also allows an extension of your original medical exam.