+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

vasanthchenna23

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My AOR is 17th September, 2018, I have recently had some traction on my application.
On the 5th April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check', I called them on 10th April and the agent mentioned that Criminality was passed and Security was initiated on 5th April itself. On 12th April (today) I received a ghost update when I logged in so it says 'Application/Profile updated' but the status still remains as 'We are processing your background check', nothing on the status has changed.

Does anybody know what this ghost update is supposed to mean?

Thank you very much,
Vasant

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello Everyone,

My AOR is 17th September, 2018, I have recently had some traction on my application.
On the 5th April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check', I called them on 10th April and the agent mentioned that Criminality was passed and Security was initiated on 5th April itself. On 12th April (today) I received a ghost update when I logged in so it says 'Application/Profile updated' but the status still remains as 'We are processing your background check', nothing on the status has changed.

Does anybody know what this ghost update is supposed to mean?

Thank you very much,
Vasant
Hi, this ghost update indicates your profile has been approved by someone is moving ahead in the system. I am not sure how much more time but you are closer to PPR for sure.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I don’t think there are some priorities in IRCC system. My AOR is 6th Sep.
I dont think AOR is a priority - the trends clearly show that

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Hello guys. Finally a ghost update today, the background status changed to “we are processing your background check”. This is after last email response 2 weeks ago that application is in queue for review of officer. Hopefully we get PPR soon. This is from Manila VO.

Reactions: Automaton
Mar 31, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
Hi, I posted this message yesterday also but got no reply. I am posting it again so that I can get help from someone

I am September 25,2018 AOR. Got married post AOR and already updated cic with documents required for adding spouse. Got her medical done in March end and her medical is also passed (as recently updated in first week of April).

Now my application status says that My eligibility is being reviewed and my background check is in progress.

I called cic agent today to know about status of my application but was informed that my file has been transferred to New Delhi VO.

I wanted to know why have they transferred my file to my local VO and can I expect a decision soon ?

Raahulc

Jan 17, 2019
New Delhi
Hi guys,

Hope you all are doing good.

I recently received my COPR and am planning to move to Canada within the next 2 months.

I had questions about applying for the DL extract from India (specifically from New Delhi).

Can anyone, who may have information about this, guide me through the application procedures?

As in, where to apply for it online or at the RTO ..etc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Just called CIC - the agent I spoke to was super helpful and told me about the status of my eligibility, criminality and security without me asking.
No change since December...
Eligibility - In progress (I know from GCMS notes that I have RR for POF - already submitted a CSE to explain further proactively)
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started
same status here

JSKK

Mar 12, 2017
Hi guys,

Hope you all are doing good.

I recently received my COPR and am planning to move to Canada within the next 2 months.

I had questions about applying for the DL extract from India (specifically from New Delhi).

Can anyone, who may have information about this, guide me through the application procedures?

As in, where to apply for it online or at the RTO ..etc.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Hi,
Just go to Transport department of your area, if you are in west zone then go to west delhi RTO.
Tell them you need DLextract and they will charge Rs.50( it was 50 in 2017) or may be little more, and you will be instructed by them as when you should collect the same.

Automaton

Mar 8, 2019
Hello guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Does anyone know exactly what a due date is? I called CIC a few weeks ago and the agent sent a note to the case agents for my file. I got the following response yesterday:

Support Center Agent:
The last BF/due date for this client's application was (2018/12/24). The client is asking for an update on their file since no action was taken and delays have passed. Could you please verify?

Reply:
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Has anyone received something similar? How long did it take to PPR? Thanks guys

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Hi, I posted this message yesterday also but got no reply. I am posting it again so that I can get help from someone

I am September 25,2018 AOR. Got married post AOR and already updated cic with documents required for adding spouse. Got her medical done in March end and her medical is also passed (as recently updated in first week of April).

Now my application status says that My eligibility is being reviewed and my background check is in progress.

I called cic agent today to know about status of my application but was informed that my file has been transferred to New Delhi VO.

I wanted to know why have they transferred my file to my local VO and can I expect a decision soon ?
They transfer file due to work load redistribution and/or when they need local vo to do further checking or review. Either way, it is atleast an update. In your case, the vo still needs to do background check on your spouse. Better email or contact local vo for update.

Raahulc

Jan 17, 2019
New Delhi
Hi,
Just go to Transport department of your area, if you are in west zone then go to west delhi RTO.
Tell them you need DLextract and they will charge Rs.50( it was 50 in 2017) or may be little more, and you will be instructed by them as when you should collect the same.
Thanks for your reply...it was really helpful

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hello guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Does anyone know exactly what a due date is? I called CIC a few weeks ago and the agent sent a note to the case agents for my file. I got the following response yesterday:

Support Center Agent:
The last BF/due date for this client's application was (2018/12/24). The client is asking for an update on their file since no action was taken and delays have passed. Could you please verify?

Reply:
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Has anyone received something similar? How long did it take to PPR? Thanks guys
how long after the call did you get the reply?