+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
I just got my landing interview request (PPR)! It is not until may though so they must be busy.

CEC stream AOR 23 sept, interview request 4.4.2019

Reactions: Jimmy01

anish995

Jan 23, 2019
Hello all,

FINALLY I RECEIVED MY PASSPORT REQUEST THIS MORNING (EASTERN TIME)
I had stopped checking my account since the 6 month period crossed the mark, but shortly less than 7 months I received my ppr today.
Extremely ecstatic and relieved.
This blog has been really instrumental in keep my patience at par with the normal people out there! Otherwise I would have gone insane by now! But to all those who are waiting, dont worry, its just around the corner!!
Good luck to all

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
Got my PPR today and I am getting ready to submit my passports with all supporting documents.
On the PPR it asks for your address in Canada where you intend to live.

Is this compulsory ? I am only planning on doing a soft landing and then return later.
I have a friend who will uplift my PR cards while i am out of country but i don't have an address where i will be living yet.
How do i handle this ?

Reactions: williamps

Ashwinder

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I woke up to the "Ready for Visa" email today.

My timeline:
- AOR: 13 Septeber 2018
- Biometrics: 10 October 2018 (completed 12 October 2018)
- ... long period of silence (while at IP2 all along) (I ordered GCMS during this time, saw a Review Required regarding POF and sent the updated docs, but they requested ADR nevertheless - check below)
- ADR (regarding Proof of Funds): 12 March 2019 (submitted on 13 March 2019, recieved and accepted on 14 March 2019)
- ...called CIC Agent and got informed that everything is complete, but PPR can take up to a month to arrive: 26 March 2019
- PPR: 04 April 2019
- Passports forwarded to Vienna VO: 04 April 2019...
- now waiting to recieve the passports back.

My Visa Office was Ottawa.

Keep your spirits high, friends, for you are next in line for the Golden Mail.
Hope you all get it very soon! :)
Congrats..my AOR s 13 sept too...hope to c sm movemnt in my application soon

Reactions: veritas7

Ashwinder

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Got my PPR today and I am getting ready to submit my passports with all supporting documents.

Is this compulsory ? I am only planning on doing a soft landing and then return later.
I have a friend who will uplift my PR cards while i am out of country but i don't have an address where i will be living yet.
How do i handle this ?
Congrats..u can give your friend's address

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018

How do i handle this ?
Congratulations please share your timeline. Then when did you move to ip2

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Hello all,

I had stopped checking my account since the 6 month period crossed the mark, but shortly less than 7 months I received my ppr today.
This blog has been really instrumental in keep my patience at par with the normal people out there! Otherwise I would have gone insane by now! But to all those who are waiting, dont worry, its just around the corner!!
Good luck to all
Congratulations please share your timeline. Then when did you move to ip2

marsypans

Feb 19, 2019
I have the following status from 8th Nov 2018

The file is at Ottawa office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOR: Sep 19, 2018
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Completed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoke to a CIC agent Yesterday and according to him, there is a huge backlog in Ottawa office (this is the reason he cited for my file being not touched in last 5 months, otherwise the file looks good, No RR or ADR). On enquiring, when can I get more updates on the progress of my file, he suggested checking in August as before that he can't ask the updates from the case officer but he was hopeful I will get some update before August

Is there anyone else who is facing a similar situation?
Same situation here. September 14 AOR, and talked to an agent the day before yesterday and she told me there's nothing to do and to give them a call in August. So frustrating.

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Hello all,

Good luck to all
Congrats! I guess if we just stopped checking our account, they will send PPR! Did you get email or just message in cic account?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I heard from someone they are not very strict on this 6 months thing, as the delay is from there side.. Just wanted to confirm from this forum.... as many people might been through the same situation...any more suggestions?
There are only two options here. Either you use photos which are more than 6 months old or you take new pictures. So it all comes down to what you want to do. I know people have mentioned they sent in the old photos and they were accepted. Question is do you want to take that chance?

If I were you, I wouldn't send old pictures.

pokal

Apr 13, 2018
Hello. I am also review required for pof. Any whatsapp groups?
I called today and my file was transferred from sidney to local visa office. Is this possitive?
I was told the same thing yesterday, I guess some files were transferred to another visa office due to workload redistribution. Remain hopeful!