+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
I am in the same boat and no updates since 15 Nov. Eligibility met , criminality not started , security not started. Visa office Ottawa.
Not sure how to and what to plan. August seems really far away.
May be your medicals are valid till august or may be your application will complete one year in August. At least I deduced that these could be the reasons agent mentioned August to you. When I called, the agent mentioned September to me. I am 9th Oct AOR. Another time agent mentioned as security can take a few weeks, I should wait till end April and then call them. Second agent seemed more genuine to me :p You can not feel low because of what agent mentioned about end date. Just keep your hopes high :)

Last edited:

vipsha

Aug 15, 2018
Hi all, i got the PPR email today morning. AOR 17 September. I figured i need to send my passport through nearest VAC (in Germany) to the VO in Vienna.
Did you guys also submit the 2 photos, receipt of RPRF fees, first copy of PPR email along with the actual passport to the VAC? Or are these, except the passport, to be sent separately directly to the VO ?

Also how many weeks does it take the entry visa to be stamped after passport submission?
Thanks

Reactions: veritas7 and maya13

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi,
AOR 7th sept
I called up cic, got to know that
Eligibility: under review
Criminality: not started
Security: not started
VO: Ottawa
GCMS raised last month still no respose.
Any idea why hasn’t my eligibility still not met...

maya13

Sep 2, 2018
I have the following status from 8th Nov 2018

The file is at Ottawa office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOR: Sep 19, 2018
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Completed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoke to a CIC agent Yesterday and according to him, there is a huge backlog in Ottawa office (this is the reason he cited for my file being not touched in last 5 months, otherwise the file looks good, No RR or ADR). On enquiring, when can I get more updates on the progress of my file, he suggested checking in August as before that he can't ask the updates from the case officer but he was hopeful I will get some update before August

Is there anyone else who is facing a similar situation?
I have the exact same status since file last touched in Nov. AOR 23, 2019.
August is a really really long delay. I wish there is an escalation mechanism to flag these delays.
CIC website on one side claims 6 months processing time and blaming applications complexity while in reality CIC is understaffed and not touching files for several months.
This is pathetic and delays need to be called out on CIC website clearly. The system is not transparent for current or future applicants to say the least.

Nehaswn

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
AOR 7th sept
I called up cic, got to know that
Eligibility: under review
Criminality: not started
Security: not started
VO: Ottawa
GCMS raised last month still no respose.
Any idea why hasn’t my eligibility still not met...
Are you inland? Is you job as per NOC? Mostly eligibility issues are due to Job title not matching NOC. Many cases these days that are asked further documents
Not to stress you out, but have a look into it in details and if you feel anything is outstanding just submit it before they raise a query or else it's going to take forever

maya13

Sep 2, 2018
Hi all, i got the PPR email today morning. AOR 17 September. I figured i need to send my passport through nearest VAC (in Germany) to the VO in Vienna.
Did you guys also submit the 2 photos, receipt of RPRF fees, first copy of PPR email along with the actual passport to the VAC? Or are these, except the passport, to be sent separately directly to the VO ?

Also how many weeks does it take the entry visa to be stamped after passport submission?
Thanks
Congratulations on the PR :)
May I ask your country of residence and when background status began pls?

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Are you inland? Is you job as per NOC? Mostly eligibility issues are due to Job title not matching NOC. Many cases these days that are asked further documents
Not to stress you out, but have a look into it in details and if you feel anything is outstanding just submit it before they raise a query or else it's going to take forever
I am an outland applicant... I applied thru consultant and they did a detailed check for the NOC. I am into retailer business and have applied under the retailer and wholesaler NOC only... did submitted lot of documents to verify the business... ref lettter from suppliers and consumers had all the details... don’t understand what else i could do further to clear the eligibility... :(

vipsha

Aug 15, 2018
Congratulations on the PR :)
May I ask your country of residence and when background status began pls?
Thanks, country of residence is Germany. I moved to IP2 status on 19 March and they requested family information form IMM5406. After that, no updates and today PPR. The status in the account still shows they are reviewing additional docs and the BG check is in progress. What is your timeline?