+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

vipsha

Aug 15, 2018
Hello guys, I have been following this forum silently. Congrats to everyone who got the PPR.
My AOR is 17 Sept'18. I received a request for imm5406e family info form on 19 March which i submitted on 20 March to them.
Since then I did not get any ghost emails and it shows in my profile:

Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Was or is someone in the similar situation? Does anyone know how long does it take them to review imm5406e? Does it take longer if my family members are residents in different countries?

I am a single candidate, FSW-O. I ordered the GCMS notes on 17 March (6 months mark), have not got them yet.

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
DAMN!! Have you ordered GCMS notes?

What is your status now? Has any BG check completed?

This should be painfully frustrating :(
Ordered on the 19th of March. guessing it takes a month or so to come.
Entire life is currently on hold.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ordered on the 19th of March. guessing it takes a month or so to come.
Entire life is currently on hold.
Yes, it takes a month.

I totally understand!! We seriously can't make any decisions now and have put our lives on hold because of this. This is really tough and frustrating :(

I have completed 100 days since my file was last touched :) December 17, 2018 for R10 check. Basically it's just collecting dust

Reactions: williamps

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Yes, it takes a month.

I totally understand!! We seriously can't make any decisions now and have put our lives on hold because of this. This is really tough and frustrating :(

I have completed 100 days since my file was last touched :) December 17, 2018 for R10 check. Basically it's just collecting dust
Actually that’s the most frustrating part... you have to think before taking any decision coz of the application going on simultaneously... can’t plan things ahead coz dnt know what is going to happen next and when..... I guess the whole process took around a year to reach ITA and now just wait for another couple of months... that’s really exhausting :(

Reactions: sam098 and dodogirl

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Hello Everyone,

Anyone from September 2018 AOR, with 6 months completed, eligibility still under review, and criminality and security checks not yet started?

Just wondering if I am the only person in this situation.

Thank you,
Vasant
Yes my friend, I'm in that room with you.

Reactions: dodogirl

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
2 days ago i got this email response to my web-form inquiry.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

I still haven't herd anything, and not sure if the decision was even good or bad.

Reactions: chsava

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
When
congratulations!

what should be the passport validity as per your ppr email?[/

On or b4 expiration of your medical or int'l passport ..whichever is earliest

dwdw0

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
I admit I was wrong for failing to double check the requirements but I have seen some cases on here where they asked for supplement documents. I guess it depends on the visa officer
Hey cheer up. I have done the same thing 4 years ago. I submitted PR application without proper job description since it is not common in my country. My application was rejected in first 2 Months tho.. try to apply again... It is my third attempt !!

Reactions: Stardust113

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
what's your eligibility status as per the latest notes you received? or did you call cic recently?
In the first pages of gcms notes:eligibility met, criminality not started, security not started. But in the officer notes it says “eligibility passed” but with comments on common law, so they sent PFL requesting for additional docs of proofs of common law relationship. Also in the notes, the docs that we sent were added but no review status for the docs. That update was last week of January. We didnt call cic because file is in local vo, we just sent email directly.

mohit11

Mar 28, 2019
Hi all,

I applied in September 2018 - in a month medical was cleared and since then there has been no update since. I called CIC and they said they dont see any problem with the application and there is no change. I ordered GCMS notes and i am waiting.

I am from India, but working in US - single applicant. Any thoughts about what to do and what's taking so long? it's been over 6 months.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Anyone here who got response from cic that application “is now queued for review of officer”? Does it mean that all assessments are done? Or this is just standard reply? asked for specific status of eligibility, criminality and security but that was just the email response.
I guess this means waiting for approval. Hoping good news is on its way for you!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Can anyone answer this question of mine please. If background check has started, does it mean eligibility is passed?