+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

gunemalli

Jul 2, 2018
You can try. OR you can raise a CSE as applicants who have crossed 6 months are fully eligible to raise a CSE. Turn around time is 5 business days.You can ask them anything or be more specific e.g. eligibility, security, criminality status etc. Below is the link.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Also you can call CIC using Google Hangout app on your mobile phone at +16139444000.

All the best!

Did you managed to get hold of an agent? Whenever I try i get a message saying no agent are available and hangs up. Any guidance to get a human on the other side would be much appreciated.

Automaton

Mar 8, 2019
Yes, it’s the same dreaded SS blackhole. Some people get their Security done in 2 days while for some it takes years.
We have similar profiles. Let's hope and pray. Are you in Security Screening as well? I have never heard of anyone taking days. Most of the ones i see are taking months to even over a year. Fingers crossed

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
We have similar profiles. Let's hope and pray. Are you in Security Screening as well? I have never heard of anyone taking days. Most of the ones i see are taking months to even over a year. Fingers crossed
Yes, I am in ip2- my background checks are ongoing. Is yours London VO too?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Did you managed to get hold of an agent? Whenever I try i get a message saying no agent are available and hangs up. Any guidance to get a human on the other side would be much appreciated.
Yes I have gotten through twice but both times there was a long hold. Also both times agent didnt tell me anything. She said that since my file is outside Canada they don’t have access to any info regarding it, all is with London VO. So calling CIC in my case is useless. The only useful thing I found out was that my file was transferred to London VO, that’s all.
Keep trying, best time to call is between 9am to 11am Canada time. Good Luck!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I fail to understand if there is a huge backlog, won't the team should clear that first instead of releasing new ITAs every fortnight
I never really understood this :(

they could always have back to back draws to make up.

I called in IRCC today, I'm close to 5 months and my application is untouched. Think it's definitely going past 7 months atleast looking at the trend. So disappointing!!

Reactions: Pooh23 and Leesharh

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I was able to reach a CIC agent today. He confirmed that my eligibility is met and criminality is passed, but my security check has not yet started. He also confirmed that there is huge backlog and many applications right now are in queue. Can anyone help me understand what this security check means? Is it the dreaded security screening that's supposed to go on for months on months?
Yes, it’s the same dreaded SS blackhole. Some people get their Security done in 2 days while for some it takes years.
Everyone should go through some levels of security. The regular security does not take that long and as soon as it starts, it takes less than a couple of days to finish.Sometimes, it takes less than a cpl of hours. However, if there is any red flag on the case, the officer decides to send the file for a more enhanced version of security, or the so called SS. For that, the file may go through several months or even years of security check in various offices. I don't think your files are going to be sent there, don't worry yourself unnecessarily! You get your pr soon

Simar14

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all. I need your suggestion.
My file was approved and an email was sent on 15th February which I didn't receive. I talked to an agent last week and she said that she has directed the visa office to resend the mail. I called them again and the agent said that she has talked to the program assistant and they have rectified the situation and I can expect an email.
However when I asked her if my application is OK she said that they have improved the situation which I did not understand.
Please help.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Everyone should go through some levels of security. The regular security does not take that long and as soon as it starts, it takes less than a couple of days to finish.Sometimes, it takes less than a cpl of hours. However, if there is any red flag on the case, the officer decides to send the file for a more enhanced version of security, or the so called SS. For that, the file may go through several months or even years of security check in various offices. I don't think your files are going to be sent there, don't worry yourself unnecessarily! You get your pr soon
Any idea how they flag some cases for Security screening?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Any idea how they flag some cases for Security screening?
No one can tell what is the reason, but there are some red flags that increases the chance e.g. born from certain regions, travel to certain regions, past visa refusals, past imprisonment, serving military of another country, having similar name to a lunatic person, etc. etc.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
No one can tell what is the reason, but there are some red flags that increases the chance e.g. born from certain regions, travel to certain regions, past visa refusals, past imprisonment, serving military of another country, having similar name to a lunatic person, etc. etc.
Similar name to a lunatic worries me lol.

Reactions: chsava and Leesharh