+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Muskan Taneja

Mar 7, 2019
A week may b
Last update I got regarding my profile from the agent was they are waiting for the officer to update the status on my security check. Rest everything has been approved. This was 2 weeks ago.
How long do you think it can take for security under background check to get cleared?
I crossed my 6 months mark on March 12th.

Nationality: Indian

Ashwinder

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Last update I got regarding my profile from the agent was they are waiting for the officer to update the status on my security check. Rest everything has been approved. This was 2 weeks ago.
How long do you think it can take for

security under background check to get cleared?
I crossed my 6 months mark on March 12th.

Nationality: Indian

U can expect anytym nw...Be positive fr this week..

I m aor 13 n still waiting frm India

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
Is there anyone in the last week of September who is still at IP1? I am October 2 AOR still at IP1. Is there any particular order that they follow for working on applications?

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Is there anyone in the last week of September who is still at IP1? I am October 2 AOR still at IP1. Is there any particular order that they follow for working on applications?
No doesn't seem to be working in any order. There are jan AORs that have received PPR and quiet a few Sept ones who haven't had an update since medical passed.

TheLongRoad

Jul 11, 2018
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Quebec
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
Doc's Request.
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Med's Done....
30-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
10 days beyond 6 months and counting, IP1 (Oct) and RPRF (Jan), no updates since then. Yaaaawwwwn....wake me up when the PPR email comes ;)

On a serious note, does anyone know what happens if you don't get your PPR by the time your medicals expire?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
10 days beyond 6 months and counting, IP1 (Oct) and RPRF (Jan), no updates since then. Yaaaawwwwn....wake me up when the PPR email comes ;)

On a serious note, does anyone know what happens if you don't get your PPR by the time your medicals expire?
CIC will send re-med request or extend medicals validity but the former is far more common and likely.

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Yes SEPT 6th AOR and still IP1

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017

It’s actually long road than people are assuming it to be. Most applications these days are getting processed in their 7-10 months timeframe. Only handful of lucky ones get their pprs within six months.

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
AOR-13 sep

I received my COPR today but on COPR document state name Punjab spelled as Punja . is there would be any problem or i have to get this corrected? Need advise from Experts.

Reactions: williamps

Automaton

Mar 8, 2019
I was able to reach a CIC agent today. He confirmed that my eligibility is met and criminality is passed, but my security check has not yet started. He also confirmed that there is huge backlog and many applications right now are in queue. Can anyone help me understand what this security check means? Is it the dreaded security screening that's supposed to go on for months on months?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I was able to reach a CIC agent today. He confirmed that my eligibility is met and criminality is passed, but my security check has not yet started. He also confirmed that there is huge backlog and many applications right now are in queue. Can anyone help me understand what this security check means? Is it the dreaded security screening that's supposed to go on for months on months?
Yes, it’s the same dreaded SS blackhole. Some people get their Security done in 2 days while for some it takes years.

Reactions: Automaton