+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I did not. I would like to have an answer to my IRCC request first. I do not find GCSM notes that useful unless you have an indication to be put under SS or something. Another thing is that they usually arrive in 30-40 days, which means that at the time they arrive they are 30-40 days outdated already... I wish there was at least some information disclosed in the account, but there is not, except useless progress bar with generic messages for everybody.
I have been saying this right from the start.

There has to be some way were they can provide proper updates every month to the applicants. After every 30 days, they send updates that your application being process now for eligibility and the next month, eligibility has been met, then next update, security checks have been initiated etc.

The IRCC agent told me my estimated completion date has been pushed to June 11, 2019. Now had I not called the call centre, I would have never known this. I doubt this will even be mentioned in the GCMS notes. However, my online account still shows completion date as May 2, 2019:confused: Which shows the status bar is another useless addition.

Getting proper updates like these will make our life so much easier and stress free. We don't have to order GCMS notes or keep bombarding the IRCC call centre for updates. Since we know our files are moving and we get proper updates. Even if our applications are delayed, we have nothing to worry since we can expect an update on why the delay etc.

Reactions: vinayk and SaOsh

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
What I dont understand is that Oct, Nov and December AORs have already received their PPR. Some PPRs even for the latest AORs like Jan and Feb. Which is utter rubbish and not fair. This wait is seriously frustrating

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
What I dont understand is that Oct, Nov and December AORs have already received their PPR. Some PPRs even for the latest AORs like Jan and Feb. Which is utter rubbish and not fair. This wait is seriously frustrating
Exactly!! Some Jan folks are also receiving it. Maybe next month even Feb will start receiving it while we have to keep waiting.

This is stupid!! Processing times should be same for everyone. You can't have 2 different processing times. Some from Sep are getting it in 3 months and the same Sept folks are still waiting past 7 months, while they send PPRs to Oct and NOv. Why don't they complete the process on month by month basis? This is ridiculous and so unfair.

All this uncertainty is only making people's life's harder. Because they can't make any life changing decisions since they have no clue when PPR will come. They expect 6 months but it will come after a year.

Reactions: dodogirl and SaOsh

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Cannot tell you how much i agree with this, "They really need to stop sending more ITAs and clear the backlogs".
Our life is completely on hold and now I regret handing over my resignation. I wouldn't have a job from end of March and I don't know how I can make this better.
I'm currently left with no nails to bite. Sigh.

Resigning without ppr or assurance of having it was a total mistake on ur part .....

Reactions: Leesharh

veritas7

Mar 12, 2019
Agree. It has been over 180 days for me already, my status has not changed at all since I gave my biometrics in October. Raised an inquiry about my file with IRCC form when my 6 months elapsed and still no reply received.

I am just sitting and waiting for at least something, having all my life put on hold due to this uncertainty.
Well, double that! It is painful to live the life on hold - even after the 6 month period has passed (AOR 13 Sep 2018). For me, that period passed two days ago, until when no activity happened since giving the Biometrics back in October 2018.
Yet on the last day of the 6 month period (on 13th of March), I got a ghost update and the next day I received an ADR for Proof of Funds which triggered another update (probably when they received the ADR). So now, I'm still waiting, finger crossed that things will move forward. I'm planning to wait for at least a week from yesterday (so they'd have some time to review the document) before calling them & raising a webform.
The thing is that when I ordered the GCMS back in January (and received them in February), I saw the Review Required issue for the POF. But even though I submitted the clarification / relevant documents via the webform, they still requested the same via ADR two days ago.

So again, continuing with the on-hold status, but with some spark of hope that things will be moving forward for all of us, September AORs who have exceeded the 6 months mark.

Reactions: vinayk and maya13

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Well, double that! It is painful to live the life on hold - even after the 6 month period has passed (AOR 13 Sep 2018). For me, that period passed two days ago, until when no activity happened since giving the Biometrics back in October 2018.
Yet on the last day of the 6 month period (on 13th of March), I got a ghost update and the next day I received an ADR for Proof of Funds which triggered another update (probably when they received the ADR). So now, I'm still waiting, finger crossed that things will move forward. I'm planning to wait for at least a week from yesterday (so they'd have some time to review the document) before calling them & raising a webform.
The thing is that when I ordered the GCMS back in January (and received them in February), I saw the Review Required issue for the POF. But even though I submitted the clarification / relevant documents via the webform, they still requested the same via ADR two days ago.

So again, continuing with the on-hold status, but with some spark of hope that things will be moving forward for all of us, September AORs who have exceeded the 6 months mark.
what was RR for? did you show FD or mutual funds as your POF?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Unless you live in Canada. GCMS comes a month later, so it's already outdated :(

They asked for the same ADR after you sent them earlier through webform. Seems like the officer reviewing your case may not have received it. Or it was probably sent to a different VO. Sucks :(Atleast they asked again.

Reactions: veritas7

veritas7

Mar 12, 2019
what was RR for? did you show FD or mutual funds as your POF?
The RR was justifiable on their part. The bank sloppily provided a part of the transaction history in my native language (which I have failed to check due to the number of documents we had to submit) rather than in English, so they could not understand it. I have provided FD - yet in any case the issue seems to be technical if anything else. And unfortunately for me, it has caused all this delay. :(

veritas7

Mar 12, 2019
Unless you live in Canada. GCMS comes a month later, so it's already outdated :(

They asked for the same ADR after you sent them earlier through webform. Seems like the officer reviewing your case may not have received it. Or it was probably sent to a different VO. Sucks :(Atleast they asked again.
Yeah, I'm assuming as much. Nevertheless, I think it is much better to see some action on my application, even if it is an ADR, than nothing at all.

Reactions: Archavin89

SHBC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Since 6th March (over 6 months), I haven’t known how long I will have to wait. In fact, waiting makes my life harder.