23-09-2018
Med's Done....
22-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2019
LANDED..........
21-09-2020
Hi everyone,
I've been a silent reader for some time now, I'am a FSW-O, AOR Sept. 23rd.
I'm a few days from the 6 months mark, I called CIC and nothing is yet truly started according to what they told me.
I ordered GCMS notes on Feb. 26th, waiting for them...

I just wanted to react to someone saying "Seems like the september applicants are cursed or something and that too just the Inland applicants in majority. I've been observing the pattern, all Outland applications are being processed within the 6 months timeframe."
=> That is not true. We have a discussion on a French forum and a majority of Sept. applicants have reached or are about to reach the 6 months mark and no CPR is in sight. On that forum some even feel that people with English as a first language are favoured, so I guess in the end everybody's making assumptions and everybody's wrong...
So in the end, I guess almost all Sept applicants are doomed :D

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Hi everyone,
I've been a silent reader for some time now, I'am a FSW-O, AOR Sept. 23rd.
I'm a few days from the 6 months mark, I called CIC and nothing is yet truly started according to what they told me.
I ordered GCMS notes on Feb. 26th, waiting for them...

I just wanted to react to someone saying "Seems like the september applicants are cursed or something and that too just the Inland applicants in majority. I've been observing the pattern, all Outland applications are being processed within the 6 months timeframe."
=> That is not true. We have a discussion on a French forum and a majority of Sept. applicants have reached or are about to reach the 6 months mark and no CPR is in sight. On that forum some even feel that people with English as a first language are favoured, so I guess in the end everybody's making assumptions and everybody's wrong...
So in the end, I guess almost all Sept applicants are doomed :D
Agreed. Even I'm a FSW-O and my AOR is 19th September. Nothing yet.

Reactions: chsava

Muskan Taneja

Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know how much time does Security under background check generally takes?

I've been told everything in my profile has been approved, only security is left, which is under process. They're waiting for the officer to update he status on the same.

My AOR is Sept 12. Have already crossed the 6 months mark.

Pavel345

May 4, 2018
Makes sense. It has slowed down in the last few months.

I'm already at 133 days and the IRCC agent said my file is untouched so definitely looks like I'm going past 6 months too.

They really need to stop sending more ITAs and clear the backlogs
Agree. It has been over 180 days for me already, my status has not changed at all since I gave my biometrics in October. Raised an inquiry about my file with IRCC form when my 6 months elapsed and still no reply received.

I am just sitting and waiting for at least something, having all my life put on hold due to this uncertainty.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Agree. It has been over 180 days for me already, my status has not changed at all since I gave my biometrics in October. Raised an inquiry about my file with IRCC form when my 6 months elapsed and still no reply received.

I am just sitting and waiting for at least something, having all my life put on hold due to this uncertainty.
Did you order GCMS notes?

This is exactly what I was afraid off. You're basically putting your whole life on hold. At first you expect it will be processed within 6 month time frame but now the longer it takes it just makes your life more miserable. You can't make any decisions because of the uncertainty. Seriously, there should be some way through which people get some updates regarding their situation and not just hang on to hope that PPR will come.

Pavel345

May 4, 2018
Did you order GCMS notes?

This is exactly what I was afraid off. You're basically putting your whole life on hold. At first you expect it will be processed within 6 month time frame but now the longer it takes it just makes your life more miserable. You can't make any decisions because of the uncertainty. Seriously, there should be some way through which people get some updates regarding their situation and not just hang on to hope that PPR will come.
I did not. I would like to have an answer to my IRCC request first. I do not find GCSM notes that useful unless you have an indication to be put under SS or something. Another thing is that they usually arrive in 30-40 days, which means that at the time they arrive they are 30-40 days outdated already... I wish there was at least some information disclosed in the account, but there is not, except useless progress bar with generic messages for everybody.

Last edited:

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Makes sense. It has slowed down in the last few months.

I'm already at 133 days and the IRCC agent said my file is untouched so definitely looks like I'm going past 6 months too.

They really need to stop sending more ITAs and clear the backlogs
Cannot tell you how much i agree with this, "They really need to stop sending more ITAs and clear the backlogs".
Our life is completely on hold and now I regret handing over my resignation. I wouldn't have a job from end of March and I don't know how I can make this better.
I'm currently left with no nails to bite. Sigh.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Cannot tell you how much i agree with this, "They really need to stop sending more ITAs and clear the backlogs".
Our life is completely on hold and now I regret handing over my resignation. I wouldn't have a job from end of March and I don't know how I can make this better.
I'm currently left with no nails to bite. Sigh.
As per the trend, I expected my application to be completed in April which makes it 150-160 days. Hence, I handed in my resignation too but now looking at how it may even go past 7 months. I'm seriously regretting it. I won't have a job from next month.

Getting PPRs late is perfectly fine as long you get proper updates every month. So you can actually move on with your life. Like your application is at this stage etc.

What makes it even worse is, you can't even trust the 6 month timeline now Instead all you're doing now is just hanging on to hope of uncertainty that it will come soon.

And they keep sending more ITAs to make it even tougher for them. Maybe in future, it will probably take 1-2 years to get PPR. They really need to update their website regarding the processing timelines as it's not 6 months anymore