+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
Eligibility under review means that the first agent who reviewed your case initially has written somewhere in your file "Review Required" on one or more elements of your application.
I don't think this is accurate. Eligibility "under review" is different from further "review required." I think the agent is telling you that your eligibility is still being processed. I don't think CIC agents would want to alarm applicants by telling them that their application/eligibility is under additional scrutiny.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I don't think this is accurate. Eligibility "under review" is different from further "review required." I think the agent is telling you that your eligibility is still being processed. I don't think CIC agents would want to alarm applicants by telling them that their application/eligibility is under additional scrutiny.
Yes they do actually. Of course it depends on who picks up your call, but some don't care really. If they meant it was being "processed", they just tell you it's in progress. Just like they tell you for the other stages (Criminality, etc...)
If you clearly ask them what under review means, they'll clearly tell you something like "a note was raised and a senior officer will take a look at it, but not to worry, it's routine".
A friend of mine called them last week for his application (eligibility) and put the call on speaker. That's what agent said word for word. He didn't specify the reason though. Was specifically told Criminality was "in progress" and eligibility "under review".

But then again, who knows exactly... Those guys work in mysterious ways.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
There are only few PPR this week. Many applicants whose AOR is September are stuck somewhere.
For me they said over the phone tht security is in process .. everything else looks fine and has been passed .. dont know whats the delay then

SHBC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
For me they said over the phone tht security is in process .. everything else looks fine and has been passed .. dont know whats the delay then
They said my application was approved about two weeks ago, but I haven’t received ppr. My AOR is 6the Sep, and more than 6 months

manasishahril

Mar 14, 2019
Hi Seniors,

I had received AOR on 18th Sept 2018. I passed my medicals and got request for paying RPRF from CIC on 31st October 2018. I paid my RPRF fees on 1st November 2018. But my background check has not yet started, only 4 days remaining for the 6 months timeline.

Called up CIC and they confirmed, that background check has not yet started. Till when can I expect the response from CIC. Anyone with similar situation?

Thanks,
Manasi

ca-na-da

Dec 13, 2018
Hi Seniors,

I had received AOR on 18th Sept 2018. I passed my medicals and got request for paying RPRF from CIC on 31st October 2018. I paid my RPRF fees on 1st November 2018. But my background check has not yet started, only 4 days remaining for the 6 months timeline.

Called up CIC and they confirmed, that background check has not yet started. Till when can I expect the response from CIC. Anyone with similar situation?

Thanks,
Manasi
Exactly in the same situation and the same AOR date as well. I called them a month back and they told me that eligibility is met and nothing has started beyond that. I am expecting to see good movement in September applications by end of March or Mid April.

qw1981

Jun 19, 2018
Due date for completion "Early May"?
Even for AOR Sep 7?

That doesn't sound good.
well as long as it happens by then I am ok with it. Based on the fact that security has not yet started and nothing is under review makes me think that they are just taking more time to process the applications and lets say the timeline has moved from about 6 months to 8 months in my case.