+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
that's great! Which city you'd be heading to?
Hi Sahil... Need your Views on this----"Called at CIC, the agent told that Eligibility Under Review, Criminality Passed and Security not Started...Agent said regarding eligibility that every thing is normal and in routine process, agent has also asked me to call again if i dont get any update this week....IP2 Since Dec and 5 days to reach the processing time.... Shall i expect PPR this month or i have to wait more... if u can make me understand this please

Sahil_Canada

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi Sahil... Need your Views on this----"Called at CIC, the agent told that Eligibility Under Review, Criminality Passed and Security not Started...Agent said regarding eligibility that every thing is normal and in routine process, agent has also asked me to call again if i dont get any update this week....IP2 Since Dec and 5 days to reach the processing time.... Shall i expect PPR this month or i have to wait more... if u can make me understand this please
Well, IRCC response means a lot, even if it is a generic one. Like you said that IP2 started in December, if things are okay then BG check doe snot take more than 2 months. However, a lot depends on the visa officer and the agencies involved. From my experience, I can say that you need to stay calm. Your PPR is on its way!

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Well, IRCC response means a lot, even if it is a generic one. Like you said that IP2 started in December, if things are okay then BG check doe snot take more than 2 months. However, a lot depends on the visa officer and the agencies involved. From my experience, I can say that you need to stay calm. Your PPR is on its way!
Well Thanks for the reply.... Im still to get RPRF request and my application is at CPC Ottawa.

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi All,

I just got the Golden Update (no golden email):

AOR: 02/Sep/18
IP1?:26/Sep/18 (got the request for police records)
???: 04/Dec/18 (more documentation requested for spouse)
Ghost Update 1: around late Jan/19 (IP2)
Ghost Update 2: 01/Feb/19 (Not Applicable status on supporting docs)
Golden Update: 4/Mar/19 - received an "Information Letter" in MyCic account with the Passport Request

and in the PPR, they are requesting the following:

4. RPRF (eventhough I already payed for them in advance)

5. The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.
How am I supposed to know the address of where I'm going to live in Canada? has anyone got this request too? please advice

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS All required documents mentioned in STEP 3 must be submitted by mail or in person at the Visa Application Centre. With these documents make sure to include: - The visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport(s) and documents to the visa office); - Your contact information, including your e-mail, phone number and return address; and - The VAC consent forms (available on their website).

so, I need to send my passports to the VAC, and not directly to the Visa Office.
Hi! Quite a unique situation. Never heard of a golden update beforeo_O

No idea why they asked about the address and country of residence. You can try using some Airbnb address presumably.
I, for example, was asked to provide my eye colour, height and biometrics receipts.

Yes, you gotta bring your docs to the VAC. VAC will later send them to the VO.

hd1986

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
RR for Eligibility - My brothers proof of residency was not deemed enough so I added some more documents in.
also mentioned a note on my previous work as credited for international work experience - so also furnished additional documents for this.

this was all forwarded end of January

Reactions: Fawn1477

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Anyone who ordered gcms notes who got from eligibility review required to eligibility met? Or anyone who got PPR after PFL?

Our case is quite unique though. After review required because of stat question last November and after transfer to local VO, we received PFL at the same time (this is for common law proofs). But we submitted response to PFL on December and were already added to the file. In our 2nd notes (generated January last week) though, it says “eligibility passed” on November but with comments on common law - insufficient level of combination of affairs and unable to establish 12 months cohabitation (the same time we received PFL).
Another weird thing too in the notes, they said they tried to call me and my partner to confirm if received PFL but no answer. We didnt receive any calls from them that time.

Estimated remaining processing: 13 days

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
My timeline is:
AOR - 23rd September
Medicals Passed - 25th October
IP1 around the same time and then silence - No update.

I called now and the agent said that nothing new. The eligibility is under review and my file is in Ottawa and thats it. :(
It has been almost 6 months and still in IP1 :( Anyone in the same boat as me?
I'm right there with AOR 6th Sept. My suggestion order GCMS notes, they might have a concern over something like in my case they had an issue with my employer letters and never sent any ADR.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Whats the full meaning of PFL?
Anyone who ordered gcms notes who got from eligibility review required to eligibility met? Or anyone who got PPR after PFL?

Our case is quite unique though. After review required because of stat question last November and after transfer to local VO, we received PFL at the same time (this is for common law proofs). But we submitted response to PFL on December and were already added to the file. In our 2nd notes (generated January last week) though, it says “eligibility passed” on November but with comments on common law - insufficient level of combination of affairs and unable to establish 12 months cohabitation (the same time we received PFL).
Another weird thing too in the notes, they said they tried to call me and my partner to confirm if received PFL but no answer. We didnt receive any calls from them that time.

Estimated remaining processing: 13 days

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hi need help...
If the agent says Eligibility is Recommended Pass... still we have to order GCMS notes once crossed 6 months time or no need..
Any 1 shed light on this...

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi need help...
If the agent says Eligibility is Recommended Pass... still we have to order GCMS notes once crossed 6 months time or no need..
Any 1 shed light on this...
Eligibility as recommend pass is a good thing. You just have to wait for other background verifications to be done and you will have it changed to eligibility passed. GCMS notes can be ordered before or after your 6 months completion. It is always advisable to order for it because that way, you get to know the details about your application and see the case analyst assessments.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Eligibility as recommend pass is a good thing. You just have to wait for other background verifications to be done and you will have it changed to eligibility passed. GCMS notes can be ordered before or after your 6 months completion. It is always advisable to order for it because that way, you get to know the details about your application and see the case analyst assessments.
But ordering GCMS can change the fate? Like if eligibility RR then we can raise CSE with more proofs if any missing. But rest can we get any advantage from GCMS.
Confused to apply for GCMS that’s why asking