+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
So I'm just gonna move on with my life. Received gcms notes today and I'm in SS. Well I guess I can stop refreshing my email and go do something else with my life. Hopefully I get ppr before Sept 2019. Which would be a year. Oh and let me go save up for re medical request lol. :D
What?Damn....How are you sure that you are in SS?What to look for in gcms that indicates SS?
I am thinking to order second set of GCMS notes and I would like to know regarding SS.
Feel bad for you Babybae. :( As you said, its better to start focussing on other important things in life as SS takes a while generally.

sharath64

Dec 29, 2018
What?Damn....How are you sure that you are in SS?What to look for in gcms that indicates SS?
I am thinking to order second set of GCMS notes and I would like to know regarding SS.
Feel bad for you Babybae. :( As you said, its better to start focussing on other important things in life as SS takes a while generally.
Pardon my ignorance..but whats SS?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I 90% knew I would end up in SS because of spouse's employer.
So I asked bimale in the SS thread and he explained to look out for blanks in the Activity section of gcms, and where it says Security started. Check the SS thread it's explained better there. Also Ottawa had earlier emailed me in January advising that my application would be outside normal processing times. Yea, now let me focus on that promotion at work I been ignoring.

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, I have received a request for rprf from CIC on 6th Feb and I have made this payment on 8th Feb..

But my eligibility is under review required and background check is under process.

My 6 months is due on March 25.. I have not ordered GCMS notes yet..kindly advice if I should order for GCMS notes or can I wait for few more weeks?

Aug 2, 2018
I 90% knew I would end up in SS because of spouse's employer.
So I asked bimale in the SS thread and he explained to look out for blanks in the Activity section of gcms, and where it says Security started. Check the SS thread it's explained better there. Also Ottawa had earlier emailed me in January advising that my application would be outside normal processing times. Yea, now let me focus on that promotion at work I been ignoring.
Sorry to hear ur in SS

can you link the thread you are talking about, i want to know on how to identify SS as well

namham

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi

I am September 19 2018 AOR. There has been no update on my case apart from Passed Medicals in October

Called CIC,they told my file was sent to LVO on November 22 2018

It’s been more than 2 months now without an update, what could be the reason

Does SS start at CIO or LVO level ... I mean who triggers it

Should I worry

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hello all,
Need help with a clarification please.

My elegibility has been recommend passed.
In the notes I received yesterday.
I applied with 2 NOCs.
For 1st one (2171) it's mentioned

"LOE does not list duties but confirms dates and job titles".

For the other (0213)
Based on education credentials and information provided in the LOEs it appears that the applicant has a acquired the experience as declared.

I had submitted my manager's letter and her ID card copy along with letter describing my duties. In addition to that I submitted an affidavit too describing my duties.

Should I submit any additional docs?
I am not sure what else though.
I had described each of the duties in the affidavit.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Hello all,
Need help with a clarification please.

My elegibility has been recommend passed.
In the notes I received yesterday.
I applied with 2 NOCs.
For 1st one (2171) it's mentioned

"LOE does not list duties but confirms dates and job titles".

For the other (0213)
Based on education credentials and information provided in the LOEs it appears that the applicant has a acquired the experience as declared.

I had submitted my manager's letter and her ID card copy along with letter describing my duties. In addition to that I submitted an affidavit too describing my duties.

Should I submit any additional docs?
I am not sure what else though.
I had described each of the duties in the affidavit.
Your duties and functions should be on your company letterhead ...and signed by your immediate supervisor .listing ur duties and your monthly earnings as well ...

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
So I'm just gonna move on with my life. Received gcms notes today and I'm in SS. Well I guess I can stop refreshing my email and go do something else with my life. Hopefully I get ppr before Sept 2019. Which would be a year. Oh and let me go save up for re medical request lol. :D
Well, that's not really nice to hear! Courage, patience and strength to you. So if your medicals expire and you havent got ppr, need to do medicals again?
You said cic emailed you saying that your application will take longer than 6 months, did they specify why or did you have to check your gcsm notes to know?