+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Dec 6, 2018
Bentonville, AR
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Logged into CIC account this morning and saw the current status as "Application/Profile Updated" but there was no update nor email saying there was an update. I clicked on "Check Full application status" and there was nothing. When i came back to profile home the current status changed to "Submitted". Any clue? Is this a ghost update?
Yes its an update. Some work was done on your application.

Reactions: iammr322

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Logged into CIC account this morning and saw the current status as "Application/Profile Updated" but there was no update nor email saying there was an update. I clicked on "Check Full application status" and there was nothing. When i came back to profile home the current status changed to "Submitted". Any clue? Is this a ghost update?

Yup that is what is referred to as a ghost update

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hi, my AOR was 19th Sep 2018 and the messages is same since 4 months.

- Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
-Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
- Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
-Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Status bar says : 42 days left

Please advice the way forward, would highly appreciate the response.

Thanks
Same as you, only difference I have 52 days remaining

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Here's my timeline:

Application submitted - Sept 5th '18

PPR - Jan 25th '19

Passport Sent - Jan 25th '19

Passport received at Ottawa (FedEx) - Jan 28th '19

Application updated to approved - Feb 1st '19

Tracker activated (FedEx) - Feb 4th '19

Passport and COPR received - Feb 5th '19

Check other info in my signature :)

prashvirus

Sep 15, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Sept 17 2018
Med's Done....
Oct 11 2018
Passport Req..
Mar 26 2019
If you are in IP2 then this ghost update means your file is approved. Just a matter of time for you now.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Here's my timeline:

PPR 31 Jan
Passport Sent (FedEx) 04 Feb
Passport received at Ottawa 05 Feb
Application updated TBD
Tracker activated TBD
Passport received TBD

I finished my medicals on Aug 31,2018. So I'm guessing when I get the COPR it will be valid till Aug 31,2019 only. Hoping to receive my passport back soon and complete landing procedure at earliest and come back to US, As I can't leave the states between April-October 2019 due to H1 process. Tricky situation!

Reactions: Munamum

qw1981

Jun 19, 2018
Skype will only let you call toll-free numbers for free. CIC number isn't toll free.
You need skype credits, or a skype plan which includes Canada.
Hangout Dialer doesn't work from many countries, maybe that's why.
I am in India and skype has free calls to US and Canada numbers so not really sure why I get invalid number error.

Has anyone from India made the the call to CIC through skype ?

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
If you are in IP2 then this ghost update means your file is approved. Just a matter of time for you now.
i called CIC last week, agent mentioned that eligibility met and background check is in progress. Which mean IP2 right?

Current Status : We are processing your background check.

Reactions: Rose_nag