+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
Got back the passport today! Took 5 days to send and receive it from NYC VFS.
Hey there Congratulations. I received PPR ( FSW-O, US residence) recently and I was asked to send the passport to Ottawa instead of local visa office in NY or LA. Could you let me know if you received PPR from CIO or LVO?

Reactions: Munamum

chenhsia21

Jun 27, 2018
Hey there Congratulations. I received PPR ( FSW-O, US residence) recently and I was asked to send the passport to Ottawa instead of local visa office in NY or LA. Could you let me know if you received PPR from CIO or LVO?
Hey there, same here. I was asked to send my copy of passport to :
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

I received PPR from CIO / BRCD (IRCC).
Do you send your return envelop with your address in the middle and attach ANNEX A.? I think we could discuss together if there is any confusion. Thanks!!

Reactions: Munamum

Rajwind

Aug 28, 2018
Guys I need a suggestion. My AOR is 15th Sep and 6 month period is ending on Mar 15th. I am currently residing in USA. I am travelling to India for a month starting mid Feb and I'll be back in US around mid march. Shall I get my correspondence address updated to the one from India as I'll be staying there for a month? How much time does it take to receive the passport back once sent for stamping? Is there an issue if I don't get my address updated and keep the one from US?
can someone provide their valuable thoughts?

Aug 2, 2018
Guys i got my GCMS notes today

AoR: 23 Sep

Eligibility: Recommended Pass on 28 Nov

My Questions:
1. Info Sharing is still in progress (any cause of concern?)
2. How do i check if my file is under SS or the strict security?
3. how long does normal security take?
4. any opinion on timeline for PPR ?

PICS post: https://imgur.com/a/DSxmh57

Reactions: RohitV

Rose_nag

Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone!

So yesterday I called up CIC for the first time and after multiple attempts, finally got through an agent. His response was very generic and told me that currently the status of my file states as such -

Eligibilty- MET ( I think that means, "recommended pass" )
Criminality - Pending
Security - Pending

My AOR is 18th Sept. and medicals have been passed on 18th of October. There is no update since then. Category - FSW- O. 1 Dependent.
I inquired as to the current office where my file is at and he said that it is at Ottawa. He said that file should be approved by March and did not tell me that it may be pushed to June (as in the case of some of you).
Just wanted to ask...is the pace with which the file is being worked upon ok?

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Guys i got my GCMS notes today

AoR: 23 Sep

Eligibility: Recommended Pass on 28 Nov

My Questions:
1. Info Sharing is still in progress (any cause of concern?)
2. How do i check if my file is under SS or the strict security?
3. how long does normal security take?
4. any opinion on timeline for PPR ?

PICS post: https://imgur.com/a/DSxmh57
Is Eligibility Recommended Pass and R10 Pass same?

Reactions: Raahulc

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Hello everyone!

So yesterday I called up CIC for the first time and after multiple attempts, finally got through an agent. His response was very generic and told me that currently the status of my file states as such -

Eligibilty- MET ( I think that means, "recommended pass" )
Criminality - Pending
Security - Pending

My AOR is 18th Sept. and medicals have been passed on 18th of October. There is no update since then. Category - FSW- O. 1 Dependent.
I inquired as to the current office where my file is at and he said that it is at Ottawa. He said that file should be approved by March and did not tell me that it may be pushed to June (as in the case of some of you).
Just wanted to ask...is the pace with which the file is being worked upon ok?
I received GCMS notes and I learnt that info sharing has been done, but criminality, security, BGC has not begun. I am happy to learn that application would likely be approved in March...I hope I am sailing on the same boat.

N S RAMA RAO

Nov 17, 2015
Hi
I need a help regarding my application process.

My AOR was on October 25, 2018 and my Application is PNP Inland. I passed medicals on November 23 along with ADR. I submitted ADR on December 4 , 2018. I applied GCMS on December 12,2018 and received on January 12, 2019. According to GCMS notes my Criminality is in Process, Medicals Passed, Eligibility and Security not started as on December 12, 2018.
My file was transferred to Etobicoke Local VO and changed as primary office.
Since I submitted ADR on December 4, 2018 there is no change in status. My background check is being processed since I passed medicals on November 23, 2018. GCMS notes show that they received ADR.
My friends who applied in November with me received PPR on January 31, 2019.
My spouse was refused Canada Visit Visa two times and we mentioned the same in application.
Does previous visa rejection delay processing of my application?
My spouse and me are having travel history to Africa multiple times as we worked for 5 years there.
Does our travel history makes delay in process?
Please anyone suggest me how to bring back my application into track now at Etobicoke Office.

Last edited:

Rose_nag

Jan 22, 2019
I received GCMS notes and I learnt that info sharing has been done, but criminality, security, BGC has not begun. I am happy to learn that application would likely be approved in March...I hope I am sailing on the same boat.
Let's hope for the best mate!

Facewire

May 20, 2018
Can you please share the number you called?
I sent them a mail two weeks back but haven’t received anything yet. My AOR is 12 Sep’18.

abhinav27

Aug 1, 2014
Hi, my AOR was 19th Sep 2018 and the messages is same since 4 months.

- Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
-Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
- Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
-Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Status bar says : 42 days left

Please advice the way forward, would highly appreciate the response.

Thanks

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, my AOR was 19th Sep 2018 and the messages is same since 4 months.

- Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
-Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
- Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
-Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Status bar says : 42 days left

Please advice the way forward, would highly appreciate the response.

Thanks

Alot of us in the same boat, i have the same screen except for Biometrics... best you can do is call CIC or order notes to find out more about ur case