03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
what is a sealed PCC?
Some countries issue PCC in a sealed envelope and write that only recipient should open.
I had such a PCC and when I uploaded I attached scan copy of sealed envelope and asked ircc instructions in LOE. They replied to open, scan and upload.

MathewD99

Jan 15, 2019
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-10-2018
A question for people who have received their PPR recently:
How much time did you get for Landing?

I am looking for some approx timeline.

Congrats on PPR and Thanks in advance.

kashiblee

Jan 23, 2015
A question for people who have received their PPR recently:
How much time did you get for Landing?

I am looking for some approx timeline.

Congrats on PPR and Thanks in advance.
I seen a PPR (Not mine). It would be valid as long as your medical is valid (1 year from Medical Done).

Reactions: Raahulc

kashiblee

Jan 23, 2015
Guys I need to know about minimum duration to stay after first landing entry as I might need to return to my home country after I land in Canada. Any inputs will be highly appreciated..
You need to get your PR card mailed to you which may be around a month!

Reactions: neutron

neutron

Jan 17, 2019
You need to get your PR card mailed to you which may be around a month!
Thank you. Much appreciated...

If I convert my Indian savings account to NRE account, will the NRE account still show my previous transactions? My savings account is my salary account and I would like to have salary transactions as proof of my employment.

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018

If I convert my Indian savings account to NRE account, will the NRE account still show my previous transactions? My savings account is my salary account and I would like to have salary transactions as proof of my employment.
Ideally it will show as you are just changing the type of account. Any bank has records for upto 3 last years even if the account was closed. You must once confirm with your bank to be sure.

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Guys I need to know about minimum duration to stay after first landing entry as I might need to return to my home country after I land in Canada. Any inputs will be highly appreciated..
Once you are a PR holder you will not be able to enter Canada without your PR card. Now, this card takes 30-45 days to reach you.
Since you aim to do soft landing and get back to your home land soon enough, you need to -
1. Arrange an address where your PR card will arrive
2. Check if its possible for someone to courier the card to you (its okay if they can't as its not very safe...they can keep it with them)
3. Apply for PRTD ( Permanent Resident Travel Document) as you land in Canada. This will help you re-enter the country.

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
Hi guys need your advice: AOR 19th Sep, 12th Jan RPRF request and ADR (PCC), all was uploaded and submitted on the 14th Jan but until now status says "We need additional documents...". Rechecked again in submitted applications - no pockets to upload anything and for all docs it says Replacement is provided. What to do? Just wait or report a technical glitch? Thanks!

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Yes PPR mail said VFS but I read in a similar post here on this platform that VFS takes a lot of time(around 2/3months + their staffs are very rude);Thought' to give DHL a shot

Sent my passport via DHL on the 19th of December,2018 to Ghana,Accra Office got it on the 21st of December,2018
I don't know when it got stamped but my CIC status changed from 13weeks estimated time to "Application Approved in the morning of the 16th of January,2018. I got my pick-up mail same day around 5pm saying:

"Hello,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (RKB)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
MITNET 313-3404
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana"

VFS wasn't even mentioned in the email and I am guessing the pickup mail took long because of the christmas & new year break.
Wishing everyone waiting for all these mails (PPR, APPLICATION APPROVED & PICKUP MAIL) the very best.It would be worth it in the end.
Thanks a lot for your detailed response

Reactions: LOJ

alivadpawar1

Nov 17, 2018

Hi.
Saving account can't be converted to NRE-it will convert to NRO. All the transactions will reflect. However as soon as the account gets converted to NRO, your interest income in that account will be taxed at 30.99%

Reactions: neutron

neutron

Jan 17, 2019
Hi.
Saving account can't be converted to NRE-it will convert to NRO. All the transactions will reflect. However as soon as the account gets converted to NRO, your interest income in that account will be taxed at 30.99%
Thank you alivadpawar1 for the confirmation

samimurtaza89

May 22, 2018
Hi guys need your advice: AOR 19th Sep, 12th Jan RPRF request and ADR (PCC), all was uploaded and submitted on the 14th Jan but until now status says "We need additional documents...". Rechecked again in submitted applications - no pockets to upload anything and for all docs it says Replacement is provided. What to do? Just wait or report a technical glitch? Thanks!
I don't think you need to worry about it. Just relax and wait for PPR. Best of luck

Reactions: andrew325