+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

LOJ

Jan 1, 2019
Is it cheaper than vfs? I thought the ppr mail says to only use vfs to send the passports? Also did it make a difference in timeline for you? As in hiw long did it take from arrival in Accra to stamping and receiving COPR? Thanks for responding
Yes PPR mail said VFS but I read in a similar post here on this platform that VFS takes a lot of time(around 2/3months + their staffs are very rude);Thought' to give DHL a shot

Sent my passport via DHL on the 19th of December,2018 to Ghana,Accra Office got it on the 21st of December,2018
I don't know when it got stamped but my CIC status changed from 13weeks estimated time to "Application Approved in the morning of the 16th of January,2018. I got my pick-up mail same day around 5pm saying:

"Hello,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (RKB)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
MITNET 313-3404
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana"

VFS wasn't even mentioned in the email and I am guessing the pickup mail took long because of the christmas & new year break.
Wishing everyone waiting for all these mails (PPR, APPLICATION APPROVED & PICKUP MAIL) the very best.It would be worth it in the end.

LOJ

Jan 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

I got my Landing letter on 16th Jan 2019. My landing date is on 22nd Jan. My file was approved on 2nd Jan 2019. It was a roller Coster ride for me but at last ended with a soothing smile. Wish you guys all the best. My timelines are as follows

4 times gave CELPIP exam to reach the desire score.
and Finally
ITA :- 19th Sept 2018
AOR :- 21st Sept 2018
Med :- 19th Oct 2018.
ADR :- 19th Oct 2018. Request for Submission of RCMP letter. Submitted the doc on the same day. Background started as well.
No Update till December 10th
1st Ghost Update :- 11th December
2nd Ghost Update :- 2nd January 2019.
Called Cic on 8th January :- Got to know my application is approved wait for email.
Send Email to NDVO and Ottawa VO on 11th January 2019 based on feedback from others.
PPR/Landing Email:- on 16th Jan 2019.
Landing Date: 22nd Jan 2019.

Thank god to give me such a wonderful gift this year. Wish you all best of you.

What do you meab by "Landing Date??" Is that sane as medical expiry date?

SureshUSH1

Dec 31, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Silent reader of this group since long. Just thought of sharing my experience.

AOR - 22 Sep
Med passed - Some time in Oct
RPRF Request - 7 Nov
Pin drop silence post that and still continue to be in IP 1. Is it normal to be in IP1 and still recieve RPRF request? Whats strange is the silence post RPRF. I had filed via a consultant and do not have the login details etc. I request for a weekly status of my application from them and it’s heartbreaking to see the same status each time. Any comments?
Read the contract you signed with the consultant. If it doesn't mention that you will have no access to login details after signing up with them or something similar then you can request for login details. I have done the same with this website guys.. You can login and check it whenever you want.. just dont change anything that might harm your case (let that to the consulting firm).

Reactions: S17

rahulraghavan

Jul 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
FSW-O, AoR : Sep 26, Country of Residence : India

What is the process to enquire the local visa office for an application? The reason I ask is that an automated response to an email that I sent to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca came back saying certain standard questions (including enquiring of a visa office) should be done through the web form. However, the first question on the web form is whether my application is processed by a VO inside or outside Canada.

jagan542

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018

What is the process to enquire the local visa office for an application? The reason I ask is that an automated response to an email that I sent to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca came back saying certain standard questions (including enquiring of a visa office) should be done through the web form. However, the first question on the web form is whether my application is processed by a VO inside or outside Canada.
Use webform. I did the same and got a response the next day.

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Silent reader of this group since long. Just thought of sharing my experience.

AOR - 22 Sep
Med passed - Some time in Oct
RPRF Request - 7 Nov
Pin drop silence post that and still continue to be in IP 1. Is it normal to be in IP1 and still recieve RPRF request? Whats strange is the silence post RPRF. I had filed via a consultant and do not have the login details etc. I request for a weekly status of my application from them and it’s heartbreaking to see the same status each time. Any comments?
It is normal I guess. What were the contents of your RPRF letter? I am 30th Sept AOR and status is still the same. I called IRCC and they said your Eligibility is MET and that’s it. No further updates.

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019

Are you IP1 or IP2? If your background check has not started yet then your VO might have not assigned yet.

neutron

Jan 17, 2019
Hello Guys,
I had a query and I am yet to receive a PPR. However, I wanted to know that how long do I need to stay in Canada after PR approval on my first entry?
Is there are number of days I need to be in Canada or can I leave after my first landing?
Thanks in advance...

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Dear all, I have been a silent reader like many others but would like to share that, today, I got my golden email. I wish all who are waiting theirs good wishes and best of luck.
The following is my time line.
Residence: UAE
AOR: Sep 03
Biometric request: Sep 28
ADR: Sep 26, upload a sealed pcc
medical: I think passed with above ADR
ADR: Dec 08, schedule A with my signature
Passport request: Jan 18
I paid all the fee upfront. Never emailed or called cic.
I hope this update is encouraging and useful to all awaiting candudates.
what is a sealed PCC?

neutron

Jan 17, 2019
Hello Guys,
I had a query and I am yet to receive a PPR. However, I wanted to know that how long do I need to stay in Canada after PR approval on my first entry?
Is there are number of days I need to be in Canada or can I leave after my first landing?
Thanks in advance...
Guys I need to know about minimum duration to stay after first landing entry as I might need to return to my home country after I land in Canada. Any inputs will be highly appreciated..