+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,i got my PUM today.
My Experience:
I got my PPR on the 19th of December,2018. I sent the Requirements stated in the PPR email to Acrra Office that same day (a copy of the "Ready for Visa" email, my travel Passport(s) and 2 passport photograph as specified in my PPR email; Not 4 passport as most people insinuates), Speaking of other few key things:

1. I said passport(s) because I sent my old passport carrying my Travel history stamps & travel history Visa(s)(Guessing hence why even after sending my passports my CIC profiIe was still on IP2. Please send your old passport if it contains details of your travel history,else you risk the change of resending it again at an extra cost).
My CIC profile status change around noon today to "Final Decision: your application was approved" and my 13weeks changed to "we are done processing your application" and also my Visa was issued on my new passport (I know this cuz u get a 1 line summary of the decision on your application in your CIC profile)

2. My PPR email asked me to use VFS. But thanks to this forum, I found out that using VFS was a bad idea so I used DHL & my Passport was delivered to Acrra Ghana in 3days.
The Whole sending of my Passport to Acrra till I got a PUM took about a month.

Wishing everyone the best and please don't forget to leverage on the Pre-Arrival services sponsored by Canada Government,it works!!!
http://canada.ca/pre-arrival-services

Thanks.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: LOJ

Alexkavenko

Aug 14, 2017
Extensive travel history

Hello kind folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.
I had extensive travel history all over Europe, Middle east and North America. Got approved in 3 month. (No PPR yet those) So northing to woory i would say.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Good to know! Thanks, man!

Did you find out from the call center about your application being approved?
I had extensive travel history all over Europe, Middle east and North America. Got approved in 3 month. (No PPR yet those) So northing to woory i would say.

Alexkavenko

Aug 14, 2017
Good to know! Thanks, man!

Did you find out from the call center about your application being approved?
Yeah, that's correct. Funny first time i called mid Dec and they told me "everything is fine don't worry", but never told me i been approved. Second time i called mid Jan and they told me you been approved since beginning of December.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Wow, nice. What's your AOR? Just trying to work out your timeline.

Yeah, that's correct. Funny first time i called mid Dec and they told me "everything is fine don't worry", but never told me i been approved. Second time i called mid Jan and they told me you been approved since beginning of December.

Piyu8657

Jul 12, 2018
chandigarh
NOC Code......
I got below reply today for my mail to ottawa office..whats the difference between eligibility met and passed?

This is in response to your recent email enquiry regarding the status of your application. Kindly note that your application is currently awaiting review. Your Primary Office is CPC-Ottawa. Moreover, Criminality and Medical is passed whereas Eligibility check is Met. At this point, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

prashvirus

Sep 15, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Sept 17 2018
Med's Done....
Oct 11 2018
Passport Req..
Mar 26 2019
I got below reply today for my mail to ottawa office..whats the difference between eligibility met and passed?

This is in response to your recent email enquiry regarding the status of your application. Kindly note that your application is currently awaiting review. Your Primary Office is CPC-Ottawa. Moreover, Criminality and Medical is passed whereas Eligibility check is Met. At this point, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.
Wow. That’s a detailed reply. Which mail id did you mail it to? And what was the content of your mail?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Wow. That’s a detailed reply. Which mail id did you mail it to? And what was the content of your mail?
Yes I would like to know the same....

Nishita.Kulkarni

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nagpur!
Category........
FSW
IT Applications Developer.Resigned my previous job in August after getting ITA. After serving 3 month Notice period ,I joined this new job as a Team Lead.This is a crazy team with no work life balance.Everyone in the team is frustrated and as a Team Lead,I have to make sure that they do productive work on top of my day to day code development work.

And,the application developed so far is a huge mess and the management is projecting roses to our client when its actually filled with thornes.My onsite counterpart and I are cleaning up the code written so far and started optimizing the application.I join countless useless meetings everyday and make Fast and Furious style promises to satisfy the egos of all the parties joined in the call.

13-14 hours of this nonsense including weekends.:mad::confused:

P.S. This is my 100th post here.:cool::cool: DudeLebowski hits a century.
Hello Dude! Your posts makes my day... literally!
Looks like your job is really complicated!
Once I get my PPR mail, I am going to talk to my boss to transfer me to their Canada branch. Failing this, I will resign :) It makes little sense to go out there without asking my boss for a transfer first.
Congrats on the century!
P.S. Even I am a big fan of big fan of The Big Lebowski movie and the cult of Dude!

Last edited: