+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Simmy123

Nov 23, 2018
Hello all,
I just want to share my timeline to know that you can’t compare applications. Each application is unique and a lot have been happening to CIC system lately. I’m CEC applicant and I applied with a dependent.
AOR—September 30th
Medicals passed- October 30th
IP2- November (not sure of the date but first week)
ADR— November 16th (for dependent)
PPR— Received PPR for dependent on the 20th because we’re not in the same country.
I’ve been eagerly waiting for my PPR as the principal applicant but nothing.

Called CIC December 21st, the agent said my application has been approved since Nov 20th but he also has no idea why they’ve not sent PPR to the principal application that he would submit inquiry to Vancouver office which is where my file is.

Submit Case enquiry and I got a reply that the agent I spoke to did the right thing.

I called CIC again few minutes ago and I was told that, they’re still expecting a reply from Vancouver office.

Note: my application has been the same since Nov. 20th except the status bar they added.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and if you know anyone in similar situation.

I wish everyone good luck!

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
The reason of such conflicting information isn't in the information itself but whether the file has been relocated to another visa office, thet is, at one point it's recommended passed by the CPA, then the file is moved to another visa office where the officer will confirm that, that move in itself results in the status value change "old value=Recommended passed" to "New value=Not started". Call agents see the current status, not the historical one.
I agree with this statement.
I'd even add that, based on what a call center agent told me, he's only able to see up to date information if the file is currently being processed inside Canada. Meaning if the file moves to a local VO, he won't see any valuable information.
That's exactly what I heard when asking if I could get an update, after we talked about another issue. He said "Okay but I won't be able to see anything if the file is being assigned to a visa office outside Canada."

Reactions: HFL2018 and EE456

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Citizen: India Residence: USA
16 SEP AOR
20 Nov Called CIC 2nd Time
File still with Sydney
Secondary office listed as Ottawa. File not transferred
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started
31 DEC saw "Application/profile updated" on CIC page..no emails...not sure if GCMS notes triggered this....or it changed before
7 Jan19 Called CIC...was told File Approved...will get Email for Visa latest by 15Mar(6mnths)...although my file is still in CIO Sydney.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I agree with this statement.
I'd even add that, based on what a call center agent told me, he's only able to see up to date information if the file is currently being processed inside Canada. Meaning if the file moves to a local VO, he won't see any valuable information.
That's exactly what I heard when asking if I could get an update, after we talked about another issue. He said "Okay but I won't be able to see anything if the file is being assigned to a visa office outside Canada."
That's what we were told too, exactly.

Reactions: HFL2018

immigrate_to_canda

Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

I see a difference in the status message of my application. Can someone please tell me if this means something ?
(However, Background check is the same. "We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Couple of weeks ago:

"We are processing your application. we will send a message if there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while. this is normal.Most of the progress to your application happens closer to the estimated completion date."

Background check : "We will send you a message when we start your background check"

Most recent status:

"We are processing your application. we will send a message if there is an update or if we need more information from you"
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Background check : "We will send you a message when we start your background check"

Residence : USA ( FSW- O)
Nationality : India
AOR : SEP 21
Medical : OCT 23
Background : We will send you a message when we start your background check.

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello,

I see a difference in the status message of my application. Can someone please tell me if this means something ?
(However, Background check is the same. "We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Couple of weeks ago:

"We are processing your application. we will send a message if there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while. this is normal.Most of the progress to your application happens closer to the estimated completion date."

Most recent status:

"We are processing your application. we will send a message if there is an update or if we need more information from you"
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Residence : USA ( FSW- O)
Nationality : India
AOR : SEP 21
Medical : OCT 23
Background : We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Messages on Top with Progress Bar..are static...they changed based on your timeline in the overall stated 6mnth average processing time.They do not represent any personal progress........GCMS notes and CallCenter call...only can confirm where you are in Eligibility,Security and Criminality.......

immigrate_to_canda

Jul 19, 2018
Messages on Top with Progress Bar..are static...they changed based on your timeline in the overall stated 6mnth average processing time.They do not represent any personal progress........GCMS notes and CallCenter call...only can confirm where you are in Eligibility,Security and Criminality.......
Alright. Thanks for the response.

Gofilipe

Feb 18, 2015
You are not alone. Somehow, many inland applicants are stuck after approval, mine has been approved since Dec 3rd. My hunch is it has something to do with the pilot they tried last year. Instead of getting a ppr, they issue a direct landing interview for inlands. What I'm trying to do is to gets local mp involved, my application is stuck at the local visa office.

Hello all,
I just want to share my timeline to know that you can’t compare applications. Each application is unique and a lot have been happening to CIC system lately. I’m CEC applicant and I applied with a dependent.
AOR—September 30th
Medicals passed- October 30th
IP2- November (not sure of the date but first week)
ADR— November 16th (for dependent)
PPR— Received PPR for dependent on the 20th because we’re not in the same country.
I’ve been eagerly waiting for my PPR as the principal applicant but nothing.

Called CIC December 21st, the agent said my application has been approved since Nov 20th but he also has no idea why they’ve not sent PPR to the principal application that he would submit inquiry to Vancouver office which is where my file is.

Submit Case enquiry and I got a reply that the agent I spoke to did the right thing.

I called CIC again few minutes ago and I was told that, they’re still expecting a reply from Vancouver office.

Note: my application has been the same since Nov. 20th except the status bar they added.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and if you know anyone in similar situation.

I wish everyone good luck!