+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Blazing27

Nov 3, 2018
Can you share your timeline and noc?
FSW-O (USA)

NOC 4112

Currently my account says:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the Medical Exam
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsCompleted.

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

PS: I have been on “background check in progress” since AOR.

Last edited:

Despina123

Oct 30, 2018
I recalled the cic today. I was shocked to know that my elligibility who is supposed to be recommend passed (depending on what an agent told me friday), was not even started !!
The agent said that he doesn't see any note mentioning that my elligibility is recommend !!!!

Is that possible???
Is there someone who got the same situation ??
I'm becoming crazy!

Seema Khan

Sep 14, 2018
FSW-O (USA)

NOC 4112

Currently my account says:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the Medical Exam
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsCompleted.

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

PS: I have been on “background check in progress” since AOR.
My application is showing exactly same data as yours except biometrics which have not been asked yet but have become compulsory since 1st Jan 2019

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Can someone please confirm that this is the number to reach CIC within Canada: 1-800-242-2100? I have tried at the different days and time (earliest around 8:30 EST but I never get through to an agent)

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I recalled the cic today. I was shocked to know that my elligibility who is supposed to be recommend passed (depending on what an agent told me friday), was not even started !!
The agent said that he doesn't see any note mentioning that my elligibility is recommend !!!!

Is that possible???
Is there someone who got the same situation ??
I'm becoming crazy!
Technically, when the case agent writes your notes and sets eligibility as recommend pass, your general status for that stage will still generally show "Not Started". Hell sometimes even when it's set to "Passed", it could go back to "Not Started" when it's sent to local VO.

Indeed, there is only "Not Started", "In Progress", and "Passed" or "Met". The specific terms "Recommended Pass" is specific to the recommendation section at the end of the notes, and not the general status of the application itself which is located at the beginning.

No worries, if the first rep told you it's in recommended pass, then it most probably is. This last one just probably didn't dig deep enough to find the term "Recommended Pass" drowned in other stuff. It's not always an info that pops up.

Reactions: Despina123

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Technically, when the case agent writes your notes and sets eligibility as recommend pass, your general status for that stage will still generally show "Not Started". Hell sometimes even when it's set to "Passed", it could go back to "Not Started" when it's sent to local VO.

Indeed, there is only "Not Started", "In Progress", and "Passed" or "Met". The specific terms "Recommended Pass" is specific to the recommendation section at the end of the notes, and not the general status of the application itself which is located at the beginning.

No worries, if the first rep told you it's in recommended pass, then it most probably is. This last one just probably didn't dig deep enough to find the term "Recommended Pass" drowned in other stuff. It's not always an info that pops up.
I concur.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi ,
am AOR 3 SEP
I did not pay RPRF upfront, I didn't receive a request to pay it up until this very moment.
anxiety & worrisome are eating me EVERY SINGLE SECOND! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Radio silence since MEP + BIL 27 SEP
I really wanna know if RPRF is a good sign of an approaching PPR
We have the same, not a reason to worry. The file has to be progressing. Try to call to find out the agent's recommendations or get yourself the notes to read and not worry.

golakersri23

Oct 16, 2018
Same situation, i was advised to just wait for adr or ppr whichever comes first, so far thats what im doing unless there is a more expert suggestion on how to go about it
Did you try calling IRCC helpline directly? Please let me know if you get any information regarding our issue.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
I have a quick question. Is eligibility, criminality and security checks started at once? I called IRCC last year ...first week in November and my eligibility was in process. I called again on the 28th of December and the agent wasn’t clear on the status of the eligibility but said the criminality was in process. I believe the call left me more confused about this process more than ever......