14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Med's Done....
30-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
Hello,

I got the request to pay RPRF as I had not paid it earlier. I paid it by choosing 2 in quantity (x $490) for both myself and my spouse. However, when I logged in to my CIC account, there were two placeholders to upload RPRF receipt. I uploaded the same receipt for ($980) in each one of the placeholders and resubmitted my application to update it. I was just wondering if the fees had to be paid separately for the primary applicant and the spouse, and a separate receipt uploaded? Can anyone tell from experience?

Thanks!

whoiam2

Jul 26, 2018
Hello,

I got the request to pay RPRF as I had not paid it earlier. I paid it by choosing 2 in quantity (x $490) for both myself and my spouse. However, when I logged in to my CIC account, there were two placeholders to upload RPRF receipt. I uploaded the same receipt for ($980) in each one of the placeholders and resubmitted my application to update it. I was just wondering if the fees had to be paid separately for the primary applicant and the spouse, and a separate receipt uploaded? Can anyone tell from experience?

Thanks!
This is going to work, they are not stupid and they will understand once you do this. no worries!

Reactions: TheLongRoad

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

My Background Check has started :D... But have not received nay email notification or a new message on the CIC portal.

I posted on this thread on 15/December with a screenshot.. just to update you all on my status

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2018-aor-join-here.581191/page-176#post-7450996

After that post.. I entered into holiday mode and never logged into CIC.

Today I was getting bored.. so I just logged in and I saw that the background check message has changed :)

So... the purpose of this post is to share my learning.. Has it happened to anyone else?

bytheway, this is what it looks like now.

kori_27

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
14-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
Hi Everyone,

My Background Check has started :D... But have not received nay email notification or a new message on the CIC portal.

I posted on this thread on 15/December with a screenshot.. just to update you all on my status

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2018-aor-join-here.581191/page-176#post-7450996

Today I was getting bored.. so I just logged in and I saw that the background check message has changed :)

So... the purpose of this post is to share my learning.. Has it happened to anyone else?

That's awesome !! My status bar also shows 10 weeks remaining. I hope my BG will start soon. Which stream btw?

Reactions: Mr. Man

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
AOR - sep 12th
MEP - oct 12th
Ip1 - next day
IP2 - jan 4th

Profile was updated and when I checked background check was updated to we are processing your application.

FSW Outland - India
Did you get any email notification or any message in CIC portal?

kavitha1406

Nov 13, 2018
Did you get any email notification or any message in CIC portal?
No I check my account everyday after 9:30 IST and I found that my application was updated and when I logged in I saw the change in my background check.
I didn’t receive any mail.

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
No I check my account everyday at 9:30 IST and I found that my application was updated and when I logged in I saw the change in my background check.
I didn’t receive any mail.
Ok good to know that its just not me :). Same happened to me.. I logged in today after almost two weeks and noticed that the background check in process.. Let's hope we get the golden email very soon.

Reactions: Mr. Man

kavitha1406

Nov 13, 2018
Ok good to know that its just not me :). Same happened to me.. I logged in today after almost two weeks and noticed that the background check in process.. Let's hope we get the golden email very soon.
Yes do u have any idea on how long it takes in recent trend after IP2

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi,
Can you please share your AOR please?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
With PPR season approaching for September AORs, I thought it would be a good time to remind some applicants about the risk, however unlikely, of missing the PPR email. Some will receive it as message in CIC account though. So I'm copy/pasting a post of mine about this a while back.

Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

YAHOO USERS:
  • Mouse over the Settings icon
    | select Settings.
  • Click Filters
  • Click Add.
  • Enter a Filter Name.
  • Enter the filter criteria.
  • Select a folder to deliver the affected emails to or select New Folder to create a new one.
  • Click Save.
  • Click Save again to return to your emails.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Spoke with a nice agent just now.Asked her pretty please and she shared the details though the details are disappointing.

Eligibility: Total check completed but not yet finalized
Criminality: Not yet started.
BGC: Not yet started.

She mentioned 6 months processing times 3-4 times in the call and that my file movement is well within that time period.She told the realistic wait time for me would be till March and I might get an update in the next 2 weeks maybe a status change.She also told that the average processing time would be around 120 days for most of the applications and encouraged me to call CIC after 120 days.Maybe she was softening the blow as there is no real movement in my file idk.

The GCMS note might provide a picture. Around 80% of the Sep Applications are in the same stage post medical.

Not going to login in GCKey portal till Feb 1st week.Thinking and spending too much time into this PR thing made me crazy.Time to take a back step.o_O.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi, I have a December 13, 2018 AOR and my Background Check says "Not Applicable." I haven't even passed the MEP stage yet, but I have been reading through the August and September AOR forums and trying to learn more. Did your BG check also say NA before it changed to "We are processing your BG check..."? Please let me know! I am also an Indian citizen, resident in India.

Hi Everyone,