+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Frankly speaking with the 85%+ of september applicants remaining ( and SO many including me files has not been touched since MEP), i don't know how they will manage to give us PPR in the remaining 60 days.. before we all reach 6 month.
Simply, they will not:(

It was pretty clear since mid-November.

I really hope I will be wrong tho!!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I just looked at your signature. Your TEF scores are ridiculously high, how are you so good at both english and french?
:D Thanks!
Both my parents were english linguistics professors, so it was on me since I was a kid. Lived in English speaking country for quite some time, plus I went to an English taught university.
French, well I live in a country where it's basically the second language, plus French school my whole life with everyone around me speaking French.
Thankfully, the combination of good language results allows scoring some serious additional points for Canada.

BurglarReturn

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Guys. Am new to this thread. I have a similar timeline.
e-APR: 17th Sept, 2018
Medical Pass: 20th Oct, 2018
IP2: 14th Dec, 2018

Not sure when to expect PPR. I am Indian. Reside and work in the US. I wanna quit my job right now and move directly to Canada. Would you guys advise on continuing my job for now or its pretty safe to quit and wait. Thanks in advance.

I would say wait for couple more months.

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Yeahh.. but, I don't think the theory holds true. I have a 10 year tourist visa and have visited Canada several times in the past few years..

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
The idea was that applicants who have a valid Canadian visa might see their applications processed faster than the standard 6 months, as some of the security checks have already been done by IRCC. Just testing it out... ;)
I have a valid visitor's visa, used it once but i am stuck..no movement at all!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Both my parents were english linguistics professors, so it was on me since I was a kid. Lived in English speaking country for quite some time, plus I went to an English taught university.
French, well I live in a country where it's basically the second language, plus French school my whole life with everyone around me speaking French.
Thankfully, the combination of good language results allows scoring some serious additional points for Canada.
You are from which country?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
makes sense. Yes, indeed. Knowing even intermediate levels of french (B2) in all sections gets you 30 points, which is not insignificant. Yours are at level C2, which is (I believe, but i am not sure) the highest you can get.

In fact i always recommend to people who have a couple of years and who are lacking 20-30 points from the cutoff to have a go at french. Work hard at it for 2 years and they might be able to cross B2. Will be hard work but a sure shot way of actually gaining a significant number of points if they are maxing out in other areas.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
makes sense. Yes, indeed. Knowing even intermediate levels of french (B2) in all sections gets you 30 points, which is not insignificant. Yours are at level C2, which is (I believe, but i am not sure) the highest you can get.

In fact i always recommend to people who have a couple of years and who are lacking 20-30 points from the cutoff to have a go at french. Work hard at it for 2 years and they might be able to cross B2. Will be hard work but a sure shot way of actually gaining a significant number of points if they are maxing out in other areas.
Yes C2 is the highest. Below that is C1.
Exactly the same advice I try to share with others. Maximizing language points potential, even with basic/intermediate second language

Jimmy01

Sep 29, 2018
Just an update.
AOR - September 1
CEC.
I had a ghost update in my profile this morning and decided to call cic.
The agent told me the following:
Eligibility: Recommended pass
Criminality: Pass
Security: (she said I can’t tell you) but you should hear from us before the expiration of the 6 month as everything looks good.

So, obviously there’s been progress for September applications as my eligibility was not started as at December 7. Good luck to all that are waiting for PPR

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Just an update.
AOR - September 1
CEC.
I had a ghost update in my profile this morning and decided to call cic.
The agent told me the following:
Eligibility: Recommended pass
Criminality: Pass
Security: (she said I can’t tell you) but you should hear from us before the expiration of the 6 month as everything looks good.

So, obviously there’s been progress for September applications as my eligibility was not started as at December 7. Good luck to all that are waiting for PPR

Congrats on the movement. This is some encouraging news!

When you say 'ghost update' does that mean when you logged in, your profile changed to 'updated'?

Reactions: Jimmy01