+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Rajwind

Aug 28, 2018
Hi, I was able to connect to CIC customer care and they said my application is in CIO office and the "eligibility status" is still being reviewed. My current status says that "we are processing your background check". What does this mean? Can somebody brief me and what is supposed to happen next..

My AOR is 15th Sep

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Hey,

e-APR: Sept 4th
Medical Passed: Sept 28th
IP2: Oct 29th
Indian residing in the US.

As it had been around 2 months since the last background check change, I called IRCC. Turns out that my application is approved, however, I haven't received any email yet. The agent said that they have time till March 4th to send the email and couldn't tell me how soon I could expect the email.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
Same. September 9 AOR, approved on December 19th. US resident, file was at CIO Sydney. Seems they have released CEC batch today. Hopefully we will get something by mid January. But I have seen people wait for over 2 months with approved files especially when processed at or transferred to Sydney after approval. So I am going to wait until March, after that also the most you can do is raise a CSE. Some people had to wait more than 6 months despite the application being approved. So who knows? But let's stay positive and hope it comes soon. Cheers.

OLUWASEYIAJAYI

Oct 13, 2018
Whoever knows the answer to your question please can you please tell me if the PR EMAIL comes only to the principal aplicant or principal aplicant+dependants?
The email regarding the progression bar came to both of us,me(principal aplicant) and my husband(dependant)
I got the email in my registered email only, being the principal applicant. My CIC status has not changed; even now that I have sent my passport for stamping.

Reactions: Inabt

manik1105

Dec 27, 2018
Same. September 9 AOR, approved on December 19th. US resident, file was at CIO Sydney. Seems they have released CEC batch today. Hopefully we will get something by mid January. But I have seen people wait for over 2 months with approved files especially when processed at or transferred to Sydney after approval. So I am going to wait until March, after that also the most you can do is raise a CSE. Some people had to wait more than 6 months despite the application being approved. So who knows? But let's stay positive and hope it comes soon. Cheers.
Wow, that's a long wait. Being in a state of limbo is unpleasant.

batra38383

Dec 10, 2018
Hey, how do you know, your file is approved. Mine timelines are exactly same as yours, and I got the Ghost update on 19th as well). Did you call them to find out the status?

gsandy8945

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I was able to connect to CIC customer care and they said my application is in CIO office and the "eligibility status" is still being reviewed. My current status says that "we are processing your background check". What does this mean? Can somebody brief me and what is supposed to happen next..

My AOR is 15th Sep
How did you manage to contact an actual agent. Every time I call, its just a automated voice telling me the status of my application as it shows on the website. When I try and transfer to an live agent, they say that there's a high volume and cannot transfer me to an agent. :(

Rajwind

Aug 28, 2018
How did you manage to contact an actual agent. Every time I call, its just a automated voice telling me the status of my application as it shows on the website. When I try and transfer to an live agent, they say that there's a high volume and cannot transfer me to an agent. :(
I never got connected in my first attempt. It was finally my third consecutive attempt when I got through

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi everyone, I am US resident and called severally but couldn't get through to an agent. I then raised CSE and got to know my application is in Etobicoke, ontario. Eligibility in process.
Any info about this visa office?

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Hey, how do you know, your file is approved. Mine timelines are exactly same as yours, and I got the Ghost update on 19th as well). Did you call them to find out the status?
Yes, I thought it was a ghost update but when I checked again, my ADR had changed from NA to reviewing and someone from July had found that their application was approved when they had such update. So I called CIC and the agent confirmed that it is Approved. If you have same timeline then probably yours was approved too. You can call and ask if you wish to. Seems like there are many people from September with approved files now. September is the only month with not a single US resident getting a PPR yet, most have crossed 100 day mark. In previous months a lot of them got it in under 60 days. I know many got it around 4-5 months after AOR. But in general September AOR applications are moving very slowly, including CEC and inland applications. But unless you are in a rush to relocate, it's kinda okay to wait patiently once you know file is approved.

kori_27

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
14-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
AOR is sept 14, mep Oct 11 and no update after that.
Fswo India, single applicant.
Anyone with similar timeline from India, moved to ip2 or any updates?

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR is sept 14, mep Oct 11 and no update after that.
Fswo India, single applicant.
Anyone with similar timeline from India, moved to ip2 or any updates?
Yes...I have same story. AoR: 27th Sept, MEP: 27th Oct, We do not need additional documents: 27th Oct.
No update after this.