+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
I need some thoughts here : I moved from one state to another in US just recently . Can members please pour thoughts/suggestions how does an application get impacted if I do not update the change of address ?

Also if I update change of address now , how does it affect my application ?

My AOR - 11th Sep
MEDICAL - Passed
BCG - We are processing your background check and shall let you know if we need more information.- Nov 13th.

Thanks
If it doesn't affect your CRS or FSW score, then no need to worry but you should definitely update your address with them.

If I may ask, what's your current timeline? eligibility, criminality,etc...

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
If it doesn't affect your CRS or FSW score, then no need to worry but you should definitely update your address with them.

If I may ask, what's your current timeline? eligibility, criminality,etc...
Thank you. Yes it does not affect my CRS or FSW , I am more concerned if it extends the processing timeline.

My time line is in my signature.

Eligibility - We are reviewing your eligibility
Security /Criminality - I do not know since when I called CIC , I was told nothing related to these specifically. They said if nothing is asked from me then things are moving forward.

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Thank you. Yes it does not affect my CRS or FSW , I am more concerned if it extends the processing timeline.

Security /Criminality - I do not know since when I called CIC , I was told nothing related to these specifically. They said if nothing is asked from me then things are moving forward.
OK. I was curious because I also applied from the US and AOR Sept 6th.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Notifying an address change doesn't affect processing times at all. It may delay the application if they find out you moved but didn't notify them.
Just raise a CSE for address change.

Reactions: Billoo3108

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
I need some thoughts here : I moved from one state to another in US just recently . Can members please pour thoughts/suggestions how does an application get impacted if I do not update the change of address ?

Also if I update change of address now , how does it affect my application ?

My AOR - 11th Sep
MEDICAL - Passed
BCG - We are processing your background check and shall let you know if we need more information.- Nov 13th.

Thanks
Exact same date
US resident
Exactly the same issue
I submitted a cse and they updated my address in 5 days
I had to call and confirm if the addrrss was updated

BM87

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys,
This is my first post on this forum & i am in need of your expert advise. My time lines are as below
ITA - 25 July
AOR - 10 Sept
FSW - outland
Since then one ghost update on Oct 6th However no status update ( not even MEP )
And my account reads as it was since AOR.
I have ordered GCMS notes & expecting the same by the month end.
I don`t think its normal, but should i be worried ?
By the way i had contacted IRCC through web form on 25th October asking about no status update on my profile & got the below reply on 1st November...

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Last edited:

arvintht

Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys,
This is my first post on this forum & i am in need of your expert advise. My time lines are as below
ITA - 25 July
AOR - 10 Sept
FSW - outland
Since then one ghost update on Oct 6th However no status update ( not even MEP )
By the way i had contacted IRCC through web form on 25th October asking about no status update on my profile & got the below reply on 1st November...

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."
Usually the responses from the web form queries are very generic and they don't tell you the exact status of the application. Best way is to call IRCC and wait for your GCMS notes

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys,
ITA - 25 July
AOR - 10 Sept
FSW - outland

You will need to call IRCC.

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
How do you guys make to call to agent? I'm in canada, which operates 8-4 local time, I dialed exactly at 8am and they are saying we are processing hight volume...thus can't connect you to...

any one advice?

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni