FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
After a long wait of 60+ days today my application moved to IP2.

I do not know if this is really IP2 since eligibility requirements are still being reviewed but someone is working on the files. So be assured guys . Below is my timeline :

AOR - 11th Sep
MEP- 4th Oct
IP1- 5th Oct
IP2- 13th Nov

My application status :

Application step Current status Help
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Have you applied from India and do you know your visa office?

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Reactions: dodogirl

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Are we making a mistake?
This is a big topic to discuss. Everyone has a story to tell about their life decisions. Ask yourself - what are your priorities and why do you want to move to Canada? Now coming to your comment ... Are we making a mistake? Yeah, we might be..we might not be.
I am from India, lived in the UK for a few years, currently living in the US and is in the process of moving to Canada. My current priority is to have an unrestricted career growth (just like the author of movnorth blog) and Canada's immigration laws allow that to some level. I do not think even for a minute that my life is going to be any easy than now. Both me & my spouse have been working really hard in the USA to live the life we have now.

The author of that article talks about the issues with "healthcare" and it is something we were concerned about since the day we decided to move to Canada. We like the social healthcare Canada offers compared to the ridiculous (not just my word, but Americans too) private healthcare US offers. UK also has social healthcare and have heard its flaws from my family & friends there. In short, I think there is no place we can have that "perfect" life. We are taking this step knowing all these risks associated with it.

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
For what reasons are you moving to canada?
I saw this article on another forum and would like your views on it:
https://backcountrycanadatravel.com/why-moving-to-canada-is-a-bad-idea/
I believe every country has its pros and cons. Some of my friends recently moved to this country that I'm trying to move from and they love it here so they can't understand why I'm trying to leave. I also have friends in Canada who love it there and can't stop saying they're happy they made the decision. So every opinion boils down to perspective. Articles are always written from the perspective of the writer. There's also 'why I love Canada' articles from other people. A person can choose to go to Canada with optimism, enjoy and progress there or be in self-doubt.

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
This is a big topic to discuss. Everyone has a story to tell about their life decisions. Ask yourself - what are your priorities and why do you want to move to Canada? Now coming to your comment ... Are we making a mistake? Yeah, we might be..we might not be.
I am from India, lived in the UK for a few years, currently living in the US and is in the process of moving to Canada. My current priority is to have an unrestricted career growth (just like the author of movnorth blog) and Canada's immigration laws allow that to some level. I do not think even for a minute that my life is going to be any easy than now. Both me & my spouse have been working really hard in the USA to live the life we have now.

The author of that article talks about the issues with "healthcare" and it is something we were concerned about since the day we decided to move to Canada. We like the social healthcare Canada offers compared to the ridiculous (not just my word, but Americans too) private healthcare US offers. UK also has social healthcare and have heard its flaws from my family & friends there. In short, I think there is no place we can have that "perfect" life. We are taking this step knowing all these risks associated with i
Strongly Agree

Reactions: dodogirl

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I believe every country has its pros and cons. Some of my friends recently moved to this country that I'm trying to move from and they love it here so they can't understand why I'm trying to leave. I also have friends in Canada who love it there and can't stop saying they're happy they made the decision. So every opinion boils down to perspective. Articles are always written from the perspective of the writer. There's also 'why I love Canada' articles from other people. A person can choose to go to Canada with optimism, enjoy and progress there or be in self-doubt.
Each one of us have different experiences of life and none can be compared. The best to do is stay positive and give your best where ever you are and want to be!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
In my country healthcare is free even dental( but you dont get rootcanal and bridges) however, the cost is not exorbitant 1 root canal is around 100 CAD and if you want surgery you can always get an appointment within 1 week in a private hospital and approximately 1 month or so in government depending on the severity of your case. But if you had a major accident or injury you are attended straight away free of cost. For surgeries which cannot be performed in my country the government will give subsidies to get in done in another country designated by the government and one member of family gets to accompany you.
Education:
kinder garden is paid, free education elementary to high school, one university is highly subsidized, low crime rates, has been rated among the top for ease of doing business, every place is accessible via public transport. The country has practically no Winter..no snow..always warm and sunshine and blue sea surrounding.
I wan to leave for personal reasons. It breaks my heart, but i made a choice.

Reactions: ravleen

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
In my country healthcare is free even dental( but you dont get rootcanal and bridges) however, the cost is not exorbitant 1 root canal is around 100 CAD and if you want surgery you can always get an appointment within 1 week in a private hospital and approximately 1 month or so in government depending on the severity of your case. But if you had a major accident or injury you are attended straight away free of cost. For surgeries which cannot be performed in my country the government will give subsidies to get in done in another country designated by the government and one member of family gets to accompany you.
Education:
kinder garden is paid, free education elementary to high school, one university is highly subsidized, low crime rates, has been rated among the top for ease of doing business, every place is accessible via public transport. The country has practically no Winter..no snow..always warm and sunshine and blue sea surrounding.
I wan to leave for personal reasons. It breaks my heart, but i made a choice.
Country ?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Hey guys, didn't know I would be asking this sort of question :rolleyes:

But I just logged in to my account and I see "Updated" but I didn't get any email, so I see that ADR now says Not Applicable. I paid RPRF on Oct 18th and it read "We are reviewing the documents" ever since. Only to change to Not Applicable.

Is this a good sign? Does it mean they're rounding off and about to issue PPR? :D Can a girl dream?

Reactions: Semeg

dkjee2915

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017

The author of that article talks about the issues with "healthcare" and it is something we were concerned about since the day we decided to move to Canada. We like the social healthcare Canada offers compared to the ridiculous (not just my word, but Americans too) private healthcare US offers. UK also has social healthcare and have heard its flaws from my family & friends there. In short, I think there is no place we can have that "perfect" life. We are taking this step knowing all these risks associated with it.
I know what you mean when you say 'unrestricted career growth'. If you are not a PR or citizen in the US getting a good job can be a pain. This one of the reasons I decided on the move. There are several other personal reasons too, but when I keep hearing this difficulty in getting a job due to Canadian experience, it worries me. I have a friend who has a Master's from the UK and another Master's from a University in Canada and he has been looking for a job for almost a year.

glrcapt

Apr 17, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ankara
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
24-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
Hello everyone,

I have recieved ADR for "Supplementary Information – Your Travels form IMM5562" , and "Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669)". My deadline is 15 Nov. I have some questions about how to fill these forms. Read other threads but I am confused, I wanted to ask about your experience.

1) I am the principal appliacant and the ADR letter had my name and UCI. So do I have to fill a Schedule A for my spouse, since the form says principal applicant and spouse should fill separate forms? But there is only one placeholder under my documents.

2) Letter says the Schedule A should bear an original signature. The document says typing name is electronic signature. So should I type my name or print, sign and scan the document?

3) Should I include my travels to Schedule A personal history section as well? Read in some threads that people are including them. I did not in my PR application, listed them only in my travel history section. I have over 60, none exceeding 10 days.

4) Question mark next to Travel information form says that I should include scan of expired passports and visas for the last 10 years. IMM5562 asks for the spouse's travel information as well, so should I include spouse's passport scans too?

Thank you all in advance,