+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Oh, no, there are more of us, lucky, lucky people, @iqueen. Still waiting for our's to be decided on/ finalized.

AOR Sep. 25th 2018, FSW, 2 applicants (Common Law), inland, Montreal visa office (from late November), never were requested to give biometrics.
Afterwards, we've moved back home in April 2019, and in June got biometrics request letter for both of us.
BUT once we went to give the information, the VFS guy told us that the official request letter was incomplete and that both the bar-code and the application reference numbers were missing. Fortunately, he consulted with his superior, and we were processed there and then.
BUT, again, when we submitted the info/ confirmation mid June, we did mention in our Letter of Explanation that the official biometrics request was erroneous, and after I've confirmed with the call agent that they have received the biometrics, I was told they have 30 days to process the docs.
45+ days later, we've gotten the ghost update on PA's email - I got super excited - BUT that was just them making a note to the technical team there was a problem with the request letter. I am so mad at my self for even mentioning the darn thing in the LoE, but was afraid if we don't, things might go sour/ another glitch could happen/ wanted to let them know they are making mistakes that could potentially turn into real problems.

We did, however, learn (twice via call agents) that our Eligibility and Security has been passed, and they are processing our Criminality which, as we were told, has to do with the biometrics. Which, to be honest, is not the usual process that we've been reading about in this forum - the Criminality should be the second, and Security last level before decision-making.
The medicals have expired mid July, and we haven't received re-medical request, it just says "You don't need bla bla", same as in biometrics section. Ever since we've uploaded the biometrics, our Additional doc. section states: "Not Applicable".
Oh, yeah, in GCMS notes from February 2019, Criminality was recommended pass by the Agent, but at that stage Eligibility was still processing.

Anyhow, no mention of a note, due-date or any timeframe. It'll be a year in no time.

If anybody has any comment on this, I'd love to hear it.
Good luck to all of us!

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
You guys are the best! You have been with me through this painfully long journey, and I want to share my excitement with you as my journey as a PR applicant comes to and end.

I received the PPR (Ready for Visa Email) yesterday.YES!

A HUGE HUGE thanks to all those shared their stuggles, advised me, gave me comfort, and kept me sane throughout this atrociously long waiting period.

If your application is still being processed, I want you to stay strong, keep going, and know that the night is darkest before the dawn. I pray that you quickly get to the next stage, one step closer to making your dreams a reality.

My Timeline:
AOR: September 2018
Medical Pass: October 2018
GCMS request 1: April 2019
GCMS request 2: July 2019
Remedical Request: 6 August 2019
GCMS notes 1 received: 15 August 2019 (indicated RR for job experience letter)
Remedical Submitted: 17 August 2019
PPR: 24 August 2019

It is not the end, it's just the beginning.

Okkandil

Sep 6, 2018
I’ve been a silent reader of this thread for last couple of month. It was a huge support!
Received Ready for visa email 24 August. My timeline:
FSW-O
AOR 9 September 2018
Med passed 4 October
ADR 4 Feb 2019
Went into SS (learned from GCMS notes) in March 2019
Silence
21 August status of medical changed from “you passed medical check” to “you don’t need a medical check” (I guess with this they extended the validity of our medicals)
24 August received Ready for visa email
26 gave passports to VFS

Every minute of this wait was painful. We lived this past year making decisions like we are going to Canada any day. We moved out from our apartment, sold our staff, packed our things, refused job opportunities in our home country. Many times we lost our hope and became regretful of stepping on this path. I wish everyone who is still waiting to receive their PR the soonest and to have a good life in Canada. All the best, guys!

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I’ve been a silent reader of this thread for last couple of month. It was a huge support!
FSW-O
AOR 9 September 2018
Med passed 4 October
ADR 4 Feb 2019
Silence
21 August status of medical changed from “you passed medical check” to “you don’t need a medical check” (I guess with this they extended the validity of our medicals)
26 gave passports to VFS

Every minute of this wait was painful. We lived this past year making decisions like we are going to Canada any day. We moved out from our apartment, sold our staff, packed our things, refused job opportunities in our home country. Many times we lost our hope and became regretful of stepping on this path. I wish everyone who is still waiting to receive their PR the soonest and to have a good life in Canada. All the best, guys!

Congrats!! Your visa office and nationality please? And what date exactly ur SS started? How many months it took?

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
FSW-O
AOR 9 September 2018
Med passed 4 October
ADR 4 Feb 2019
Silence
26 gave passports to VFS

Congratulations, you have truly depicted the situation I’m in the middle of right now , I’m still struggling with this dilemma , hope there is a happy end for everyone
AOR OCT.29th, eligibility RR since Dec.18th

Okkandil

Sep 6, 2018
Congratulations, you have truly depicted the situation I’m in the middle of right now , I’m still struggling with this dilemma , hope there is a happy end for everyone
AOR OCT.29th, eligibility RR since Dec.18th
For sure there is! Just stay hopeful, it’s a long ride, but in the end you’ll get there. I guess there is right timing for everything.

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
FSW-O
AOR 9 September 2018
Med passed 4 October
ADR 4 Feb 2019
Silence
26 gave passports to VFS

Congratulations!!!
Good luck with your new life in Canada! I am Ukrainian as well, already in the country, but still waiting for the golden email. Canada is amazing!

Canada2019__

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
FSW-O
AOR 9 September 2018
Med passed 4 October
ADR 4 Feb 2019
Silence
26 gave passports to VFS

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Okkandil

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Good morning everybody!!!!
For me it is a blessed morning :)
It happened! Yaaaaay. Ready for Visa email landed in my email this morning.
I was dreaming of this day for the last 11 months.
Thank you sooo much to everybody. I was reading each comment every day, sharing the good or not too good news. It was a long journey but it's coming to the end. Still have to wait until they send the CoPR, but that will be a pleasant wait.
My AOR: September 30
Medical: Passed on Nov. 1
Eligibility: RR since November 2018 - no additional docs requested.
Criminality: passed
Security: don't know when started and passed
Visa office: Sydney, Nova Scotia (one of the slowest)
I have ordered GCMS Notes twice: in March and May: no movement for long months.
Thanks to this forum I realised that I am missing important information about my Job description. I've uploaded the missing doc proactively through web form in April.
Long months were crawling like a snail but finally it happened.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Thank you so much for support. This forum is indeed helpful.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys i got reply from LVO saying:-

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your file is currently pending review by an Immigration Officer.

We appreciate your patience during this process and will contact you once there is an update to your file.

Kind Regards,

KBA
Immigration Section | Section d’Immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
Canada House | Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

what does this mean, please can anyone help? does it mean my SS might be over?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Guys i got reply from LVO saying:-

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your file is currently pending review by an Immigration Officer.

We appreciate your patience during this process and will contact you once there is an update to your file.

Kind Regards,

KBA
Immigration Section | Section d’Immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
Canada House | Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

what does this mean, please can anyone help? does it mean my SS might be over?
Yes, it does look like they're working on making a decision on your case. So your SS might be over.

Good news :)