Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Sudden brief statistics for AOR September 2018 folks:

9 weeks ago: 88 people waiting
now: 36 people waiting
average processing power: (88 - 36) people / 9 weeks = 5.8 people per week
weeks remaining: 36 / 5.8 = 6.2 weeks (was 11 weeks a couple of weeks ago)

Looks like progress to me.
@a7v
That is some hopeful statistics .. my med exp end of sept .. 8 weeks from now .. fingers crossed - hoping to get the email before that...
Next couple of weeks going to be crucial for us..
Hang in there - hoping for the best for all

Pavel345

May 4, 2018
Hello fellas,

Is there any progress regarding your applications? I emailed CIC, raised a Web form, mailed Ralph as well and all I got were "your application is under review, blah blah blah..."

Furthermore, my medicals are about to expire (2nd August) and there is still no indication of them being extended or another request to take the examination once again.

Just complete silence for almost 11 months.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello fellas,

Is there any progress regarding your applications? I emailed CIC, raised a Web form, mailed Ralph as well and all I got were "your application is under review, blah blah blah..."

Furthermore, my medicals are about to expire (2nd August) and there is still no indication of them being extended or another request to take the examination once again.

Just complete silence for almost 11 months.
do you know what your RR is for..
i just called CIC - no change since i updated docs for RR last month ..
Waiting for someone to reopen the file - once someone looks into it - hopefully should move faster - fingers crossed

i do not know if its worth the wait till medical expires in september (one year since aor) or RE APPLY

Last edited:

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I called IRCC about it - "I need PPR asap, my meds are expiring!!!" :) - but they said it's ok, they just extend the validity of the meds.

Or, as some people wrote here, they ask you to redo the medicals.
Have u noticed any difference on your application page or u just knew cuz u called them?

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
No, my file is marked Review Required as I did not have a fixed salary but only variable pay as I was one of the co-founder. I don't know what has changed in my application now that I've got a remed. Will call CIC this week and try to get to know.
How did you know that your file has been marked under 'Review Required?Did it show up I your online account or in your GCMS notes?

KATAMAPAH

Mar 7, 2019
Hi guys,

Today I received "Ready for Visa" email after waiting for almost 11 months.

As far as I understand, my PR process is almost finished.

I applied within Canada and currently residing in Canada. In the email, it's described how to send your passport to get a visa. But everything there is people who are outside of Canada.

Question here is what is the procedure for inland applicants (I'm from visa-required country originally) ? Is it the same procedure as for outland applicants? Do I need to send my passport to the address they specified? Can anyone explain this to me, please ?

Reactions: opotato

Mugetsu

Jun 28, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied within Canada and currently residing in Canada. In the email, it's described how to send your passport to get a visa. But everything there is people who are outside of Canada.

Question here is what is the procedure for inland applicants (I'm from visa-required country originally) ? Is it the same procedure as for outland applicants? Do I need to send my passport to the address they specified? Can anyone explain this to me, please ?
This was from my email regarding those who require a visa. Check your email carefully

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

• Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
  • Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
  • All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Does emailing Ralph helps???
gives you the same info as that of CIC call center - and also gives you date of medical expiration and they leave a note saying MP's office tried contacting
Instead of waiting in queue for CIC call center - you get info from MP within the same day (mostly likely)

beregszasz

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Congratulations! What was your visa office? Were you under RR? I have started my 11th month yesterday, inland as well. So tired of waiting. Enjoy the feeling of being Canadian

Reactions: kzeed12

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
gives you the same info as that of CIC call center - and also gives you date of medical expiration and they leave a note saying MP's office tried contacting
Instead of waiting in queue for CIC call center - you get info from MP within the same day (mostly likely)
Thanks

Reactions: kzeed12

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Can you please let me know, if i should mention about raising gcms notes twice and still no movement so far, while writing an email to him

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Can you please let me know, if i should mention about raising gcms notes twice and still no movement so far, while writing an email to him
it does not matter for them .. all they need is the candidate info - try avoiding to put in country of residence or nationality - because MP's are usually entitled to enquire about candidates within their legislation they represent.
good luck