+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
received the second ghost update on 4th march. Talked to an agent on 5th and confirmed that the application was approved. any idea how long does it take to receive PPR email based on your experience ?

Reactions: maya13 and inmike

SHBC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
received the second ghost update on 4th march. Talked to an agent on 5th and confirmed that the application was approved. any idea how long does it take to receive PPR email based on your experience ?
Me too. I have waited for more than one week.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Same! crossed the 6 month mark now thinking of ordering gcms notes... or maybe wait another month and then order..
Call Abu Dhabi office and informed them you did the interview and was told it is approved and that you would receive PPR email this week, which was many weeks ago.

Their consulate office must have a number, google.

My god. I would have flown there already if I were you. :p:D your patience is good

Jesuslovesyou22

Jul 6, 2018
No appointment. You'll do landing formalities wherever you land in Canada.
dock

Kindly elaborate what would be the formalities and which all documents to keep handy.

Birth certificate is something that I don't have.
Instead in India We have aadhaar .10th marks card and passport to prove your birth date. Is this mandatory ?

Also what questions to expect at the immigration check.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
My Processing centre again change, now its Niagara Falls on 5th march 2019. Is it slow or fast office?

AOR - 5th Oct. 2019
Criminality - In progress
Security & Eligibility - Not Started

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
You might have to raise CSE to specifically ask about your visa office.
My Processing centre again change, now its Niagara Falls on 5th march 2019. Is it slow or fast office?

AOR - 5th Oct. 2019
Criminality - In progress
Security & Eligibility - Not Started

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Thanks for this - can we dial from outside Canada?
you can dial outside canada also.
Many times people use hangout or Skype then this no# will not work. Might be other people will help you to provide you that no.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
dock

Kindly elaborate what would be the formalities and which all documents to keep handy.

Birth certificate is something that I don't have.
Instead in India We have aadhaar .10th marks card and passport to prove your birth date. Is this mandatory ?

Also what questions to expect at the immigration check.
Important info and documents to have are in bold.

When you land, you get in the visitor line at immigration. You hand in your Declaration Card and passport (given in the plan), and tell the immigration officer that you're here as a new Permanent Resident, and he/she will direct you to another office.
Once you're called, you'll hand in your Passport and your two copies of Confirmation of Permanent Resident (One is labeled IRCC COPY, other one labeled CLIENT COPY). You'll be asked to sign and date both copies, and you'll be given your CLIENT COPY. Make sure to keep it safe, as it will be your only tangible proof of status until delivery of permanent resident card. You'll also be asked for a Canadian address for the delivery of your first PR Card. You can provide a friend's address. If you don't have an address by then, you can provide it online once you have it. But processing of PR card won't start until you do.

Pick up your luggage, and you'll arrive at customs. Have both form B186 and B186A filled and signed. The first one is for the goods imported at that time (i.e in your possession at time of landing), and the second one goods that will be imported at a later time. Items in this second list can be imported later free of tax. Any item imported that is not in the list will be subject to tax.

If you land on a weekday during working hours, you can stop by a Service Canada office at the airport to get your Social Insurance Number (SIN). If not, that's okay, you can go to Service Canada office in the city.

And off you go.

***Common questions***
-Have you been convicted of any crime before your landing?
-Is the information in this Confirmation of Permanent Resident true and accurate?
-Are you carrying more than 10 000CA$?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I ctualact applied through an agent. I asked her to check her spam but she said that she didn't receive any email.
Insist on her checking her Spam folder. PPR emails often end up there in some mailboxes.
Email ending up in spam will not trigger a notification.

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Hi friends.
I called IRCC
My status is as below.
AOR : Sep 10,2018
Criminality check : in progress
Security check : not started
VO : Montreal (recently moved from Toronto)

Do you guys guess when I can get PPR request?
It's been 6 months.

Thanks

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
Important info and documents to have are in bold.

When you land, you get in the visitor line at immigration. You hand in your Declaration Card and passport (given in the plan), and tell the immigration officer that you're here as a new Permanent Resident, and he/she will direct you to another office.
Once you're called, you'll hand in your Passport and your two copies of Confirmation of Permanent Resident (One is labeled IRCC COPY, other one labeled CLIENT COPY). You'll be asked to sign and date both copies, and you'll be given your CLIENT COPY. Make sure to keep it safe, as it will be your only tangible proof of status until delivery of permanent resident card. You'll also be asked for a Canadian address for the delivery of your first PR Card. You can provide a friend's address. If you don't have an address by then, you can provide it online once you have it. But processing of PR card won't start until you do.

Pick up your luggage, and you'll arrive at customs. Have both form B186 and B186A filled and signed. The first one is for the goods imported at that time (i.e in your possession at time of landing), and the second one goods that will be imported at a later time. Items in this second list can be imported later free of tax. Any item imported that is not in the list will be subject to tax.

If you land on a weekday during working hours, you can stop by a Service Canada office at the airport to get your Social Insurance Number (SIN). If not, that's okay, you can go to Service Canada office in the city.

And off you go.

***Common questions***
-Have you been convicted of any crime before your landing?
-Is the information in this Confirmation of Permanent Resident true and accurate?
-Are you carrying more than 10 000CA$?
Thank you for this information!