+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
:) Finally spoke to an agent a while ago. (26 min wait)

The agent was cordial and asked for application details to confirm identity. He then confirmed the that RPRF paid on Nov 9th has been received by CIC. On Eligibility, he said it was still in progress but from the notes, it seems that I have met eligibility (Not sure if this means I have passed or is it still under revie or Does this mean "Recommended Pass"? o_O). Neither Criminality nor Security has started. :(

Regarding the Visa Office, he said my application is still not transferred to a Local Office and it's still with the central office in Ottawa. (He also said that my application isn't at a stage where it gets transferred to the local VO - implying the application is still in its initial phase)

Guess I'll wait for the six-month mark which is 9 weeks away to make another inquiry. (If there's no sign of IP2/Ghost Update)
I called them yesterday and same was told to me as well. Eligibility is MET. BG Check has not been started yet. CPC Canada. Not LVO yet.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
It was for proofs of common law relationship. We dont know if they accepted because there’s no change in online status eversince we received the letter. We sent through VFS last dec 10. Until now there is no update. we sent email the other day but no response yet. So we will order gcms notes again.
Would you be able to share your PFL ? I can take a look.

Sabyale

Jan 23, 2019
I think ip2 means you cleared criminality...cos...according to my GCMS note, i passed criminality on Nov 28 and at same day i moved to IP2...and yes still waiting for ppr...seems security hasnt started yet...yet..
I called them and passed everything but security not started. They told me they can extent a month more (7 months) i have 40 days left. I hope they manage to do it ob time (6 months)

Sabyale

Jan 23, 2019
I called CIC today and wait time was 30 min approx. Agent was really nice and polite.

My AOR is 29 sept 2018, file is in Ottawa and they didnt started any background check or security. She said 80% of express entry files take 6 months to complete and only 20% takes less or more time than 6 months .
Yeahh the same told me. But i passed everythibf but security hasnt started yet. I have 40 days left for the six months and agent told me it could extend one month more (i hope they manage to do it in the 6 months period)

Sabyale

Jan 23, 2019
I received gcms notes today. R10 Recommended Pass. BGC, Security no started yet (as of 27 Dec). My application was at Ottawa.
How long do you think it will take security check? I am in the same situatiob like you and only have 40 days left for the 6 months.? Recommended passed is positive in eligibility? Why not only "passed"?

Sabyale

Jan 23, 2019
:) Finally spoke to an agent a while ago. (26 min wait)

The agent was cordial and asked for application details to confirm identity. He then confirmed the that RPRF paid on Nov 9th has been received by CIC. On Eligibility, he said it was still in progress but from the notes, it seems that I have met eligibility (Not sure if this means I have passed or is it still under revie or Does this mean "Recommended Pass"? o_O). Neither Criminality nor Security has started. :(

Regarding the Visa Office, he said my application is still not transferred to a Local Office and it's still with the central office in Ottawa. (He also said that my application isn't at a stage where it gets transferred to the local VO - implying the application is still in its initial phase)

Guess I'll wait for the six-month mark which is 9 weeks away to make another inquiry. (If there's no sign of IP2/Ghost Update)
Hi! I called them yesterday. On the opposite they told me that everything is passed but security not started. So i asked the agent if they will manage to do security within the 40 days left and she told me that it doesnt seem possible, that it could extend mid or final April. That was really dissapointing! But i dont believe them any more (agents) since they told a friend the same thing and when he recieved gcsm notes it says "approved"

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
How long do you think it will take security check? I am in the same situatiob like you and only have 40 days left for the 6 months.? Recommended passed is positive in eligibility? Why not only "passed"?
Recommended passed is the analysts recommendation, it becomes passed after it is confirmed by an officer.