+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Abcx

May 23, 2018
Is there anyone from the Ottawa processing center that is waiting for PPR after approval or is this just a Sydney phenomenon?

vineysindhu

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018

cchh

Aug 22, 2018
Any advise ?
Good morning.
A quick reply after my ghost update yesterday.
I just called IRCC and the agent told me that my application was approved and the officer has to officially finalize it. But he will probably do it at the end of March or the beginning of April to do so.
Now it is just the waiting game.

My last phone call was six days ago and was told eligibility in process. Security not started yet. Visa office Sydney.

It looks like they finished processing my case within a week. Also, it seems that a ghost update after IP2 is a good thing. I will keep you guys updated once I got the PPR email.

Thank you for reading and have a great day.
Please do! I found out through GCMS notes on January 22, 2019 that my application was approved on Dec 10, 2018 at CIO. Don't know how long it will take for the email to be sent out.

Here's my profile
AOR- September 8, 2018
Application approved - Dec 20, 2018.
Now just waiting. No idea how long it will take based on posts read.

Reactions: shuttlespace

zviks

Jan 11, 2019
FSW - Outland.
Nationality: India. Country of Residence: USA
AOR
- Sep 15th 2018
Request to fill IMM5406 - January 2 ; Submitted [not sure why I got this in the first place]

Submitted web form on January 16 asking about the decision of the application. Got a reply on January 22 :

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

Could anyone tell me what does this exactly mean? Can I infer that most probably it is an approval and I have to wait for PPR mail? Did anyone else get this response and what were the timeline of events after getting this response?
Hey! That was the response I received a couple of weeks ago. I finally gave in to the temptation and called IRCC. The agent on the line politely told me my file was approved Dec. 21st. He told me to be patient and I should receive the the PPR email soon. Totally forgot to ask what my visa office is.
Nationality: Zimbabwean, Country of Residence: USA, AOR: Sept 11th

Hope we hear back soon. Best wishes

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
I emailed Ottawa since my app has been approved since Dec asking for a PPR since I have some extensive travel coming up later. They forwarded it to Sydney - so I guess that's where my app is - and they just asked to me sit tight till I get a PPR email in the coming weeks.
Hey, how do you know it was forwarded to Sydney?

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hey! That was the response I received a couple of weeks ago. I finally gave in to the temptation and called IRCC. The agent on the line politely told me my file was approved Dec. 21st. He told me to be patient and I should receive the the PPR email soon. Totally forgot to ask what my visa office is.
Nationality: Zimbabwean, Country of Residence: USA, AOR: Sept 11th

Hope we hear back soon. Best wishes
Hey that's great to hear! I tried calling IRCC so many times, could never reach the agent. The lines are always busy. At what time of the day did you call?

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Sit back and hold on tight. Yes, it is most probably approved but judging from other forums TeamUSA is gonna have to wait a while before setting their eyes on that mail. In the June forum, there's someone whose application was approved in October and........yes..........they're still waiting for PPR
That's a long long wait! I hope everything finalizes in a month from now......

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
We really can't state exactly what it means but like you said, it seems your file is approved. When did you move to IP2?
Unfortunately I haven't followed my application closely at the beginning to notice the timing of updates. It is only now that I'm following-up

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hi guys, spoke with an agent today and got some info on the application status:

CEC Inland
Submitted: 18 SEP
Eligibility: Under review
Criminality: Did not ask
Security: Not started
Background check: Passed

Question: What does passing background check mean for an application? Is there an order from one check to another, or dependencies between the different checks? Thanks everyone.

zviks

Jan 11, 2019
Hey that's great to hear! I tried calling IRCC so many times, could never reach the agent. The lines are always busy. At what time of the day did you call?
@urstrulyaddy you're right about that. I committed my whole day yesterday to the process. I was at work so I just kept calling, entering my information as prompted and eventually I was put in queue. I started at 10 am and was put in queue a little after 3 pm and finally spoke to an agent 4:15ish CST.

Try tomorrow: +1(613)944-4000. Don't forget to ask which visa office for us! :)

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for the update

Mine eligibility says “ we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements “
Thats just a generic message doesnt mean anythibg, Make a call to ircc and ask the agent about yout status (if you passed eligibility, criminality, security) and maybe order gcms note too

namham

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
How do we order GCMS notes and how long does it take ?

My application was filed by an immigration lawyer, So will he have to order GCMS notes or can I do for myself.