05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
I do not think you are alone.
My test is the coming Friday.

itguy78 said:
Is it just me from September still waiting to become a citizen or is there anyone else left out there ?

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my time line

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

4- RQ received march 2014 , sent April 2014
and I'm waiting my test

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
my time line

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

4- RQ received march 2014 , sent April 2014
and I'm waiting my test
wow, you're from Sep 2013! This thread was made by Sep 2014 applicants so I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting.. hopefully your process should catch up with the new applications now that backlog is being reduced. I know of people who applied many years ago too, had RQ and it was only this year that they got invited for test/oath. It puts things in perspective for new applicants (like me) who feel their process is slow because they have been waiting a few "months"...

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Just pass the test with 19/20. It is not easy as I thought before.
The officer said only two officers and 3 assistants are in Hamilton so there will be a longer waiting time (six weeks) until oath ceremony after test.
Anyway, test is a final step before the oath. There is no more paper work or check on our application.

itguy78 said:
wow, you're from Sep 2013! This thread was made by Sep 2014 applicants so I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting.. hopefully your process should catch up with the new applications now that backlog is being reduced. I know of people who applied many years ago too, had RQ and it was only this year that they got invited for test/oath. It puts things in perspective for new applicants (like me) who feel their process is slow because they have been waiting a few "months"...

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
WOW! 6 weeks and they call it long waiting time in Hamilton office? Scarborough office should learn that. I've been waiting for 3 months and nothing.
ualiu said:
The officer said only two officers and 3 assistants are in Hamilton so there will be a longer waiting time (six weeks) until oath ceremony after test.
Anyway, test is a final step before the oath. There is no more paper work or check on our application.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Also I ask why Mississauga is faster than Hamilton, the answer is:
Mississauga has a whole building and more officers, sometimes only two weeks before the ceremony after passing the test. But there is a longer waiting time before the test.
Also I was told that test is a final paperwork. After passing it, your ceremony invitation is placed in the queue and no any other legal check will be done on your application.

The officer only check my passport, landing paper and PR card and two IDs shown in your application, although I was asked to translate the non-English/French stamps in the passport.
The officer has our entry/exit record in a file and compare it with our passport without looking at my translations.

51smoker said:
WOW! 6 weeks and they call it long waiting time in Hamilton office? Scarborough office should learn that. I've been waiting for 3 months and nothing.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Check the cic website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList
Next oath ceremony in Hamilton is July 7, so many people here will have a chance to go there, in my opinion.

ualiu said:
Also I ask why Mississauga is faster than Hamilton, the answer is:
Mississauga has a whole building and more officers, sometimes only two weeks before the ceremony after passing the test. But there is a longer waiting time before the test.
Also I was told that test is a final paperwork. After passing it, your ceremony invitation is placed in the queue and no any other legal check will be done on your application.

The officer only check my passport, landing paper and PR card and two IDs shown in your application, although I was asked to translate the non-English/French stamps in the passport.
The officer has our entry/exit record in a file and compare it with our passport without looking at my translations.

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
Congrats, Ualiu.
I am still waiting for oath invite. Hope to receive it in a few weeks.

ualiu said:
Check the cic website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList
Next oath ceremony in Hamilton is July 7, so many people here will have a chance to go there, in my opinion.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
karthicbaboo said:
Decision Made 6/26/2015. No letter or email. waiting
Hi karthicbaboo. Looks like we will be invited for the next oath ceremony in Halifax (most likely in August)!
Too bad we couldn't get in to the Canada Day ceremony at Pier 21...

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Congrats! I would not be surprised if your oath is before mine... there are more oath dates in Hamilton than Windsor.