September 2014 Citizenship Application

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claude15 said:
I wrote test in Hamilton this morning. It's so easy that it only took me 2-3 minutes to get it done. My score is 20/20. :)
The interview was quite straightforward as well. :)
I was told that the Oath Ceremony might be in July or early August.
Congrats! I know there were a few other September applicants from Hamilton as well.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me
That can be tough. I would "suggest" you to obtain CBSA travel records and (if possible) travel records from any countries you visited in the 4 year period. Since you had RQ I assume you already provided all kinds of proof to support your physical presence, so the only other thing would be to prepare any kind of proof showing that you lost your documents (and applied for new ones), like police reports, etc.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
yes, I am one of applicants in Hamilton. But I still have not received the test invitation yet.
Also,ecas removed the last line (transfer to local office Hamilton) these days.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Just received the ecas update about test invitation.

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 26, 2015 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It finally comes!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Just received the ecas update about test invitation.

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 26, 2015 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It finally comes!
Congrats and good luck on your test!

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
Today my ecas status was changed from "in process" to "decision made". :)
I wrote the test on June 11, in Hamilton. Everything went well that day.
Hope to receive the oath letter in a few days.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Congratulation to you!
It seems you got the status change before receiving the oath letter. Is it a normal procedure?

claude15 said:

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
Thank you, Ualiu.
I am not quite sure about other offices, but I think that should be the normal procedure for Hamilton office.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
it is pretty fast!
claude15 said:
Thank you, Ualiu.
I am not quite sure about other offices, but I think that should be the normal procedure for Hamilton office.

amyw

Jun 16, 2015
Hi guys,

Really hoping if I can get some insight on what I can do..or honestly, keep waiting b/c I have no choice.

I reside in Mississauga, and so I sent my app in Sept 2014. My ECAS shows below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 2, 2014.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 2, 2014.

We started processing your application on November 3, 2014.

I've been reading some posts and notice a lot of people get a notice that indicate their application was transferred to the Mississauga office, but mine does not show. I applied it to the St. Clair office (which I'm sure majority of the GTA applicants did as well). Would I get any helpful information as to whether it's being held on to or delayed if I called the CIC Centre and talked to an agent? Any advice?

** I also noticed how the ECAS got rid of the "Transferred to Mississauga (or wherever office)" so either it is already transferred and I just missed that line. A lot of people saw it and then it was gone later in a few days..Could it be in Mississauga office and I just don't know? Would an agent be able to know if it was transferred? **

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Three options for you:
1) call CIC
2) order an ATIP for detailed information which takes about one month to get reply
3) contact your local MP (member of parliament)
  http://www.wladyslawlizon.ca/about/
  http://bobdechertmp.ca/ 
This year is an election year, they would like help you very much if they could.

amyw said:
Hi guys,

Really hoping if I can get some insight on what I can do..or honestly, keep waiting b/c I have no choice.

I reside in Mississauga, and so I sent my app in Sept 2014. My ECAS shows below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 2, 2014.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 2, 2014.

We started processing your application on November 3, 2014.

I've been reading some posts and notice a lot of people get a notice that indicate their application was transferred to the Mississauga office, but mine does not show. I applied it to the St. Clair office (which I'm sure majority of the GTA applicants did as well). Would I get any helpful information as to whether it's being held on to or delayed if I called the CIC Centre and talked to an agent? Any advice?

** I also noticed how the ECAS got rid of the "Transferred to Mississauga (or wherever office)" so either it is already transferred and I just missed that line. A lot of people saw it and then it was gone later in a few days..Could it be in Mississauga office and I just don't know? Would an agent be able to know if it was transferred? **

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claude15 said:

Congrats!
Quick question, what was the final response from the officer in your case. Did they say something similar to 'you will be receiving the oath letter'?
I'm curious, what kind of response they normally give after the interview.

superadel

Jan 2, 2015
Hey Guys my status change from in (processing) to (decision made) Is that mean something
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.
We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 8, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claude15 said:
My local office is also Hamilton, my ecas status changed to "Decision Made" last week but still no letter for me.