September 2014 Citizenship Application

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats all around!

My wife and I passed the test today - I got 20/20 my wife got 19/20 (we studied a lot). Most questions were easy, but you had to study well to get some of them -- I found it helpful to make a "summary" of the book which took awhile but forced me to memorize a lot of the contents while I was typing it down. Interview officer said that was satisfied with our application and that they don't have Oath dates till late-July or August -- so it will be close to 1 year of processing time. Just glad to be done with all the studying... now I join the Oath waiting group (hopefully no surprises) :)

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations...

your local office?

itguy78 said:
Congrats all around!

My wife and I passed the test today - I got 20/20 my wife got 19/20 (we studied a lot). Most questions were easy, but you had to study well to get some of them -- I found it helpful to make a "summary" of the book which took awhile but forced me to memorize a lot of the contents while I was typing it down. Interview officer said that was satisfied with our application and that they don't have Oath dates till late-July or August -- so it will be close to 1 year of processing time. Just glad to be done with all the studying... now I join the Oath waiting group (hopefully no surprises) :)

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Congrats all around!

Congratulations

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got oath invite today :) Letter dated 26th May, oath on June 9th. Roughly 8 months including the RQ.

Kammy19

Mar 23, 2015
I had my test on 16th April at Hamilton. No oath letter yet. Did anyone receive oath letter who had test around same time

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
garian4u said:
Got oath invite today :) Letter dated 26th May, oath on June 9th. Roughly 8 months including the RQ.
Congratulations garian4u, This is great news!!! Our cases are pretty similar, Submitted application in Oct and got RQed in Jan, local office is Scarborough. I am still awaiting a test invite, Do you think ordering an ATIP would help? A big congrats again!!!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
Congratulations, your test was in Scarborough?
Yes. Originally, I was asked to send RQ responses to Mississauga, but then on Jan 21 Mississauga forwarded my file to Scarborough. Since then, all my processing has happened at Scarborough. Test was there, Oath is also there.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavasi said:
Congratulations garian4u, This is great news!!! Our cases are pretty similar, Submitted application in Oct and got RQed in Jan, local office is Scarborough. I am still awaiting a test invite, Do you think ordering an ATIP would help? A big congrats again!!!
Thanks canadavasi. I am not sure if ATIP helps move the case or not, but we had ordered ours in March. It can give some idea of which steps are completed and what is pending. I am hoping you will get a test invite latest for sometime in July.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
itguy78 said:
Congrats all around!

Question? How much time Is the test ?How many Questions are at the test ? And what is the minimal right answers you have to have in order to pass ? And what happens if you fail ? Is there a second chance ?