September 2014 Citizenship Application

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claude15 said:
Congrats! I am still waiting for test invite. I have same timeline and local office as yours.
By the way, did you get the invite via email or letter? Any change on Ecas?
Thanks - Letter was delivered via mail

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Hi all,

I wrote my test today. I got 20/20, the officer went through one of my passsports and checked my university transcripts, he then told me that he did not have any concerns, which I guess suggests I just need to wait for the oath invitation. Actually, I asked about the oath and he told me that the oath invitation could take from one week up to two months.

:p :p :p

Ericke

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
Nomination.....
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
June 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-4-2012
LANDED..........
17-04-2012
Hi Guys, just received the oath notice.
Share my timeline and hope it is useful. I am at Vancouver CIC.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 11, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 11, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on February 9, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on May 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
venecolano said:
Hi all,

I wrote my test today. I got 20/20, the officer went through one of my passsports and checked my university transcripts, he then told me that he did not have any concerns, which I guess suggests I just need to wait for the oath invitation. Actually, I asked about the oath and he told me that the oath invitation could take from one one up to two months.

congratulations!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Ericke said:
Hi Guys, just received the oath notice.
Share my timeline and hope it is useful. I am at Vancouver CIC.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 11, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 11, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on February 9, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on May 11, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Big Congratulations :) :)

John777

Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-06-2015
File Transfer...
04-07-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
Passed the test today & everything went well with immigration officer.

Advice to the test takers. Please do read the book just don't only rely on the online websites. Good luck everyone, hope everyone passes & get their citizenship soon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
John777 said:

Advice to the test takers. Please do read the book just don't only rely on the online websites. Good luck everyone, hope everyone passes & get their citizenship soon.
Congratulations!!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough. Both I and my wife got 19/20. At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada). Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places. Has this happened with others - i.e. return of documents?

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats everyone!
@garian4u: I have had some documents returned to me during my immigration visa interview, I would take that as a good sign since returning the documents would be like the offices feels like there's no need for them anymore as she is satisfied..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venecolano said:
Hi all,

I wrote my test today. I got 20/20, the officer went through one of my passsports and checked my university transcripts, he then told me that he did not have any concerns, which I guess suggests I just need to wait for the oath invitation. Actually, I asked about the oath and he told me that the oath invitation could take from one week up to two months.

Congrats venecolano !!! I had my test around the same time as yours. Wondering if your local office was Scarborough or some other. Please share.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Congrats everyone!
@ garian4u: I have had some documents returned to me during my immigration visa interview, I would take that as a good sign since returning the documents would be like the offices feels like there's no need for them anymore as she is satisfied..
Thanks itguy78. During immigration interview, others have mentioned return of documents, but this is the first time that anyone seems to have heard for a Citizenship interview. But anyways, I don't see any harm. I was just wondering why with me only. In fact, someone beside me was having an argument with the visa officer regarding not having an NoA from 2011, so I am not sure how he would have reached this stage if CIC was not satisfied with their case. His situation appeared to be unique and I hope he was able to convince the officer. Best of luck for your test.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John777 said:

Congrats John777, what is your local office?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Thank you.

I wrote my test in Ottawa.

garian4u said:
Congrats venecolano !!! I had my test around the same time as yours. Wondering if your local office was Scarborough or some other. Please share.

mlp

Jan 11, 2015
what is RQ ?? sorry

i submitted min last sept 5, 2014
received october 4, 2014
file transfered in edmonton alberta january 5, 2015

i leave canada last march 19 to april1 ,,. wat should i do? shouuld i call CIC ang notify them ? do i need to send another documents?