+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meateater said:
Thank you.
It was a little harder than I anticipated, no scaring anyone but the ones who will be taking the test soon please go prepared, always rely on the discover Canada book.

Oath may take up to 4 months, please do not call the call center as they won't have any updates for oath. That's what the interviewer said.

PHEW!!! Really 4 months ?
I think the call center is really jammed of a lot of calls. Last time I called I had to wait for 18 minutes! Plus, they were instructed to not give any info if application is within reasonable timeline.

4 months is just the limit, usually it takes less than that, if no further documents are required.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
meateater said:
Thank you.
It was a little harder than I anticipated, no scaring anyone but the ones who will be taking the test soon please go prepared, always rely on the discover Canada book.

Oath may take up to 4 months, please do not call the call center as they won't have any updates for oath. That's what the interviewer said.

PHEW!!! Really 4 months ?
Yes, Discover Canada book needs to be read properly because questions are not direct, there are indirect questions.

Some people have reported in this forum that call centre have provided them with oath schedule/information. I don't know why the interviewer said so? maybe they want less calls to Call centre so that call centre is not flooded with unnecessary calls?

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my citizenship exam (19/20) now waiting for oath letter. It is Hamilton office and i have been told by immigration officer that it will take 2-3 months time

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timeline

Citizenship Application:
Application received 12th Sep,2014
AOR 9th January,2015
eCas as Received on 13th Jan,2015
eCas "In Process" on 14th Jan2015
File transferred- 6th Feb,2015 (Hamilton)
Test Date 7 May,2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gupta.rk said:
Timeline

Citizenship Application:
Application received 12th Sep,2014
AOR 9th January,2015
eCas as Received on 13th Jan,2015
eCas "In Process" on 14th Jan2015
File transferred- 6th Feb,2015 (Hamilton)
Test Date 7 May,2015
congratulations!!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Yes, received the letter on this concern yesterday.
My wife is asked to provide the following document:

Identification
Photocopies of all pages of your passport/travel document used to enter Canada on March 31,2009.
Photocopies of all pages of
your passport/travel document used to enter Canada and
any valid or expired passports/travel documents given to you since your entry to Canada

I am not sure if we should include and translate all pages in the passport, even including non-Canada entry/leave records.

Any idea, please advise, thanks.
Passport pages usually have English labels so you should not need to translate them. Regarding "stamps" you should probably get them translated if they are not in English. You can always provide "exactly" what they asked (above) and they may ask for translation of the stamps later (which could delay processing further). If the above is exactly what the letter says it seems like they want specific details for her entry on March 31st, 2009 (and are requesting copies of all travel documents just to review them). At least that's not RQ.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
karthicbaboo said:
Just Received my Test Invitation Today for May 21st 2015
That's great! Hope all goes well.
At my interview, they mentioned that there will be an oath date in June and one on Canada Day at the new Pier 21 Immigration Museum in Halifax. You have a good chance to have your oath there!

John777

Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-06-2015
File Transfer...
04-07-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
gupta.rk said:
I passed my citizenship exam (19/20) now waiting for oath letter. It is Hamilton office and i have been told by immigration officer that it will take 2-3 months time
Hi Gupta.rk congrats
How was your test? easy/hard? what did interviewer asked you?
Can you share some details if you don't mind?

ZuluGirl

May 11, 2015
Hi Guys (and Gals)! ;D

We live on Vancouver Island and applied for citizenship last September. This is what cic.gc.ca says about our application:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2014.
We phoned the call centre in March and were told that our file was with Itinerant Services, but that things could be sped up if we requested that the file be transferred to Surrey directly, which we did.

There has been no change after our request and we phoned again last week. Call centre informed us that the file has indeed been transferred and that all paperwork and background checks have been completed. All things should go well.

Is there anybody else in Vancouver/on Vancouver Island in a similar situation or has anybody from this area that filed around the same time we did done their test or oath yet?

Or am I needlessly getting antsy?

Thanks
Adri

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Got Test Invitation today for May 22nd.
Office: Hamilton.

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
HIC2011 said:
Hi Guys,

Got Test Invitation today for May 22nd.
Office: Hamilton.
Congrats! I am still waiting for test invite. I have same timeline and local office as yours.
By the way, did you get the invite via email or letter? Any change on Ecas?

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
meateater said:
Ecas updated, oath on May 28th
Congratulations!! Lucky you, that was quick...!!

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
Yes, thanks. Also just got the notice, its in blue color, oath is at Toronto Emergency medical services..wonder if they do it at locations other than the local cic offices.