+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't think so...i just did my test (17th march) and got 20/20...after interview informed we'll send u oath notice within 4/5 months...

thriller said:
I am kinda noticing after reading a few forums, but can be wrong. That anyone scoring a 20/20 on the citizenship test, tend to get the oath invite right away or sooner then others.
Do you guys agree or differ?

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be there at least 20min earlier.
Bring original: passports (all of them), Immigration Landing Form, 2 pieces of ID with photo & birthdate (driver's license and Health Card will work)
Be polite, be calmed.
Be awesome...

Good luck

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thriller said:
I am kinda noticing after reading a few forums, but can be wrong. That anyone scoring a 20/20 on the citizenship test, tend to get the oath invite right away or sooner then others.
Do you guys agree or differ?
You might be wrong. Score has nothing to do with Oath date.
I'm living proof and I've seen many with 20/20 not getting the invite right away.
It's a long process, the immigration agents are speeding up the work, there will be cases where they will be slower due to unknown factors (fingerprints checks, travel history, papers missing).

Based on what I've been seeing the process is actually getting faster. From 2 years to 6 months in some cases.
That's something we should actually celebrate and be grateful for.
Hopefully they will get it even faster for the upcoming applicants.

Paper colors, score have nothing to do with the OATH date. They are just coincidences.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morzilla said:
Be there at least 20min earlier.
Bring original: passports (all of them), Immigration Landing Form, 2 pieces of ID with photo & birthdate (driver's license and Health Card will work)
Be polite, be calmed.
Be awesome...

Good luck
Thank you Morzilla

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Hello paulcanada74 and morzilla,
Thanks for the reply. What are they doing after the citizenship test is passed? I don't understand, taking 4-6 months to send oath dates.
A friend of mine went for the test (result: 20/20) today at London local office, he got the same answer 2-3 months.

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2015.

4.Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg office on March 2, 2015. The Winnipeg office will contact you.

heard winnipeg office is super super super slow, anyone who transfer to winnipeg have any idea?

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello guys.

I will be travelling soon and I am wondering if the CIC just sends just a letter to inform you of your test date or it will be updated online first/at the same time? I will be checking the site everyday but I won't see the letter until I come back. And I hear sometimes they give very little notice. I don't want to miss it.

Thank you.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
applicant361 said:
Hello guys.

I will be travelling soon and I am wondering if the CIC just sends just a letter to inform you of your test date or it will be updated online first/at the same time? I will be checking the site everyday but I won't see the letter until I come back. And I hear sometimes they give very little notice. I don't want to miss it.

Thank you.
In my case they never updated eCAS with test/oath invitation; it went straight from In Process to Complete and that after at least two weeks after the oath.
Dont count on eCAS.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
My file was transferred to Hamilton office on Feb 11, and I am still waiting for the test invitation.
How long will it take to receive it? Any idea?
Thanks,

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
My file was transferred to Hamilton office on Feb 11, and I am still waiting for the test invitation.
How long will it take to receive it? Any idea?
Thanks,
It usually takes between 2 weeks to 1 month. But these numbers vary depending the local office. And test is about 2 weeks after you receive your invitation.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paulcanada74 said:
What they told u about oath? did they give u any time frame?
All she said was you will receive invite on your mail and she did not mention anything in regards of how long it will take.