+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
Did my test. Today Passed. 19 /20 guys read the Book Please and Do Online Test. But. Don't Rely on it because. The original test is Quiet Different But Then Again the online test Helps u Get Ready For Whats coming. interview. Was Quick 10 mins And the. Officer Just. Took a Quick Look At my Passport Ask Me if I'm working I said Yes And So On . In all Everything. Will go Very Smooth if You pass Your test . Forget About the oath If u pass. U will not.get The oath invited in the spot I heard 3 months or. Sooner good luck. Guys study hard get there early listen to instructions.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unomas said:
Did my test. Today Passed. 19 /20 guys read the Book Please and Do Online Test. But. Don't Rely on it because. The original test is Quiet Different But Then Again the online test Helps u Get Ready For Whats coming. interview. Was Quick 10 mins And the. Officer Just. Took a Quick Look At my Passport Ask Me if I'm working I said Yes And So On . In all Everything. Will go Very Smooth if You pass Your test . Forget About the oath If u pass. U will not.get The oath invited in the spot I heard 3 months or. Sooner good luck. Guys study hard get there early listen to instructions.
Congrats, what is you local office?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received my test letter for March 25th ;D

Détails: white letters. they said it could take 3 hours, but they didn't mention a possible Oath ceremony the same day.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Congrats Paco !

Paco said:

Détails: white letters. they said it could take 3 hours, but they didn't mention a possible Oath ceremony the same day.

fatehB

Mar 11, 2012
Hey guys,

quick question, are there any documents or authorities need to be updated after getting citizenship?
Documents in terms of health card, sin card or any other govt issued

thanks

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
I am preparing for the test, please if someone can provide any guidelines for preparation besides the book. As the book seems to be too much in detail with dates and numbers to remember. Is it relevant to remember all those dates and numbers for the citizenship test?

Plus also can someone provide me with a good online resource for the test, where I can solve the practice questioner.

Thank You.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
thriller said:
I am preparing for the test, please if someone can provide any guidelines for preparation besides the book. As the book seems to be too much in detail with dates and numbers to remember. Is it relevant to remember all those dates and numbers for the citizenship test?

Plus also can someone provide me with a good online resource for the test, where I can solve the practice questioner.

Thank You.

Some links for online tests:
http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca/study
www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index.asp
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
https://citizenshiptestcanada.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/hello-world/
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

If you don't mind paying a fee, then:
http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Dont pay a penny! Read the book once, practice some free tests and read again the book 1-2 days before the exam.
If you dont have issues with english, you'll be fine. If you have problems with english, you'll fail anyway the interview.

Good luck

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Thank you sansoy and era1521, for your help.

Tests seems to be easier on the websites indicated then the readings from the study guide. I got into a panic after seeing so many dates and numbers on it.

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Another question:
What do I need to bring in with me at the interview being held with the citizenship test besides all old/current passports? Please advise.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
thriller said:
Another question:
What do I need to bring in with me at the interview being held with the citizenship test besides all old/current passports? Please advise.
There are various opinions on this; in my view, the interviewer is not the officer that is taking the decision. So, if there is no concerns, you'll be fine and he will check only the passports and IDs; but if they need additional documents he will ask to provide them and will not decide on the spot. Not sure when you applied or if you have trips outside canada - having CBSA report might help.

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
For me they verified my all Passports, PR card, License, Health Card.
Eventhough they didn't look other documents... I would request you to carry all documents you included in the Citizenship application.

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for your replies; I applied in early September 2014 and have citizenship test on March 25, 2015.

How important is the CBSA report? As I have been traveling for a couple of months in total during the last 3.5 years.
And should I delay the citizenship test? and go for the test after I receive the CBSA report.

Thanks again to all of you for responding to my questions.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:

Good luck for your test!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
thriller said:
Thanks for your replies; I applied in early September 2014 and have citizenship test on March 25, 2015.

How important is the CBSA report? As I have been traveling for a couple of months in total during the last 3.5 years.
And should I delay the citizenship test? and go for the test after I receive the CBSA report.

Thanks again to all of you for responding to my questions.
A while back the application form had no option to tick and allow CIC to check with CBSA; in that case the report may come in handy and thats I asked when you applied.
Dont delay anything; go there and if they ask you for some additional docs, you send them after.
I think you'll be fine.