+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan37 said:
Thanks maryafar, yeah hopefully it's not really 4-6 months, that will be very very bad.
I hear you, it will be really really bad. We'll see what happens to the people who are writing test tomorrow.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
bkhan37 said:
So today I had my test, passed 20/20, :) :) :)
There were some true false questions, and rest multiple choice. I read the book two times and practiced some online tests. Good luck to everyone who are preparing for the test.

In the interview, she checked my passport pages and told me I'll be receiving a pink slip which will be the invitation for oath, in 4-6 Months!!! :eek: :eek:
She said everything on my file looks fine and complete.

Just a recap:
applied--Sept 9th
Application received-- Sept 15th
AOR received in mail--December 12th (after calling CIC two times)
Processing Started-- January 6th
File transferred to Scarborough office--January 22nd
Test invite received-- 2nd March (Yellow slip)
Test date -- 9th March.
Congratulations!!

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
I'm getting tensed now ???, why are they not inviting me for the test??

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
I did my test on March 3, since then waiting for oath. CIC officer told me that it will be in 3-6 weeks. Anyone has any idea when we will get the oath letter?
My file is in Scarborough office!! :D
Applied September 8.
Anyone welcome to comments and good lucks.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
garian4u said:
Sydney. The RQ envelope was post-marked by CPC Sydney.
Thank you.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
I also appeared for test on 3rd March[Scarborough office] and officer told me that I should receive oath in 2-3 months from now.
Lets see when we receive oath letter !

Alister62 said:
I did my test on March 3, since then waiting for oath. CIC officer told me that it will be in 3-6 weeks. Anyone has any idea when we will get the oath letter?
My file is in Scarborough office!! :D
Applied September 8.
Anyone welcome to comments and good lucks.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. Oh and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many. Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath.

Few tips:

2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.
congrats and best of luck!

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Congrats !

desigirltoronto84 said:

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. Oh and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:

2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

smohan78

Mar 3, 2015
I checked on-line status and my file is at local office but i still didn't receive AOR. What that means ? i am trying to call CIC but no luck.

smohan78 said:
Hi,

I applied in September 16th 2014 from Calgary and CIC received the file on 19th September 2014 but still didn't receive any acknowledgement yet. Please anyone can let me know how long usually it takes.

Thanks

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:

Few tips:

A huge congratulations to you. I hope oath letter comes for you sooner than you think.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
desigirltoronto84 said:

Few tips:

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
desigirltoronto84 said:

Few tips:

Congratulations!!