+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mom and brother had their test in Scarborough on March 3rd and their interview ended with the officer saying that she wanted to double check their dates etc. We were expecting to wait weeks to hear anything back then today they got their oath letters for March 20th! Really relieved and happy for them. So, hopefully more September people will see more progress on their files.

Good luck everyone! :)

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update:
I have got test invite for 23rd March at 0815AM :p ;) :D
Didn't received letter though,just got updated on the Ecas.
Regards

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
us2yow said:
Under the Bulletins and Manuals, here's the link for Citizenship processing (it is a bit roundabout how you go about finding it)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Under "Learn more About" click the last tab "Clearances" which will give you this text:

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months

Security: four years
Hi us2yow

Can you please give idea at what stage of processing finger print is requested i.e. Sydney or local office? Also do you happen to know at what stage of processing they ask RQ i.e. Sydney or local office? Reason I am asking this I may travel outside of Canada for few months.

Also I am trying to understand why one is asked for fingerprint considering that people provide fingerprint during permanent residence application. I gave my fingerprints for permanent residence application. I landed as immigrant in 2008 and went back to home country for 3years before I have come back again in 2011. Can this make them to ask for my fingerprint again?

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
garian4u said:
Thanks. The more I analyze, I just conclude that it was totally random.
Hi garian4u

Can you please tell me at what stage of processing you were asked RQ i.e. Sydney or your local office?

Thank you.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
hi Alex_78,

Sorry. I don't know the finer details. I just noticed that link and wanted to share it with the group.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetdreama said:
My mom and brother had their test in Scarborough on March 3rd and their interview ended with the officer saying that she wanted to double check their dates etc. We were expecting to wait weeks to hear anything back then today they got their oath letters for March 20th! Really relieved and happy for them. So, hopefully more September people will see more progress on their files.

Good luck everyone! :)
Congrats. I did my test on 3rd Mar too but I have yet to receive the oath letter.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Hi garian4u

Can you please tell me at what stage of processing you were asked RQ i.e. Sydney or your local office?

Thank you.
Sydney. The RQ envelope was post-marked by CPC Sydney.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant2014 said:
Update:
I have got test invite for 23rd March at 0815AM :p ;) :D
Didn't received letter though,just got updated on the Ecas.
Regards
Congrats applicant2014. Go and conquer the test. But, please don't forget to pray for me ;D

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Note that GCMS does not include CO officer internal remarks. You never know what may or may not have triggered RQ. Also, it is also very CO dependent. Do you have tons of travel in the past year? If you work for a US company that might be a trigger too. Also, at what time during the process was this ATIP request generated ?
I have seen other users post notes from their ATIP which does have notes from CO (e.g. RQ issued due to short FPAT, etc.). I don't know what would qualify as tons of travel, but I have like 4-5 weeks of travel to India and around a week of travel to US and Europe. I do not work for a US company. But one of my friends who had to travel almost every month to the US, never got an RQ and got his Citizenship in 5 months. My ATIP was requested 11 weeks after the application was in process, 10 weeks after the RQ was issued and 5 weeks after the RQ had been responded.

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSE) Report timeline

I completed my test today and PASSED. Also had my interview...

Since I have multiple trips to USA and there was NO Entry/Exit stamping on the passport. The office said, he has to request for my "Entry History from CBSE".

Do anyone now how long with it take this process?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Hi,

I received FP request before my test.

Alex_78 said:
Hi us2yow

Can you please give idea at what stage of processing finger print is requested i.e. Sydney or local office? Also do you happen to know at what stage of processing they ask RQ i.e. Sydney or local office? Reason I am asking this I may travel outside of Canada for few months.

Also I am trying to understand why one is asked for fingerprint considering that people provide fingerprint during permanent residence application. I gave my fingerprints for permanent residence application. I landed as immigrant in 2008 and went back to home country for 3years before I have come back again in 2011. Can this make them to ask for my fingerprint again?

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
maryafar said:
Congrats!!
Why the gap between test and oath is increasing? a few months ago people got test invite in the spot for couple days after the test. then, letter in a month or two, and now, four to six months?
Thanks maryafar, yeah hopefully it's not really 4-6 months, that will be very very bad.