App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
you may call CIC or order the ATIP to know more details about your application.
Inia said:
My application was recieved on 25 June 2014.
Started processing from 13 Aug 2014.

No updates after that. Can I call CIC to know why it is taking too long. Looks like some of you who applied after me got their interview dates and oaths.

Thanks in advance

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"srinivas.vadapalli" has received his test date. He got RQ around the same time as me. So this is a good sign for recent RQ'd applicants.

I called up CIC on friday and was told that my security and background checks are complete. (They can't see the results of the checks).

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
"srinivas.vadapalli" has received his test date. He got RQ around the same time as me. So this is a good sign for recent RQ'd applicants.

I called up CIC on friday and was told that my security and background checks are complete. (They can't see the results of the checks).
I am closely following your case londonontario as my case is progressing exactly like you. Except that my RQ responses have not been reviewed yet.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Thanks Garian4u, If I was you I shouldn't worry much, as even with RQ your file is still processed in the 2 fastest local offices (Scarborough/Mississauga).
One of our forum members (dp2014) completed the process in 7 months, with an RQ (Scarborough).
Thanks Paco. I am just in my 5th month. Do you know how long CIC takes to respond to case specific enquiry? I had sent one more than 3 weeks back. No response yet.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know all this talk about seeing eCas being updated... I still haven't got mine updated beyond the third line for "In Process" and my oath date is coming up in 2 weeks.s ::)

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlre said:
You know all this talk about seeing eCas being updated... I still haven't got mine updated beyond the third line for "In Process" and my oath date is coming up in 2 weeks.s ::)
Same thing for me, no update in E-cas!!

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
NO change in eCase status; it shows In Process with same usual 3 lines :)

skFSW said:
Hi Ajay.. I have exactly same timeline like yours. Just want to know that did your ecas status changed.. mine is still showing In Process with 3 lines.

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Donvalley said:
era1521 first applied in 2006, means landed at-least 3-4 years ago from there, that is more than a decade from now. Worked, paid tax and survived for more than 10+ years in Canada, guess what else make you better qualified for citizenship. They don't have any concern about "intent" provided the long residency. If some one have been in this country for that long, what else they need to verify? And may be the clearances were done quickly too, due to long history. That is the secret.
It's a good theory based on the assumption that the longer one lived in Canada the better... Not true though. Besides just because you lived 10 years in Canada does not mean you paid taxes and worked.There are lots of people that did not work most of the time and still got their citizenship.
There are thousands of applicants who worked full time since they arrived in Canada and still waiting for their citizenship.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
If you pass the test; what are next steps ? I have my test scheduled at Scarborough[2nd March-8:15 am]

1. Do they convey test results immediately after test and date of oath ?
2. Any documents to be taken along with us while appearing for test ?
3. Mobile, laptop etc..[do they have lockers] ?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
londonOntario said:

LondonOntario.

I haven't got any RQ. Not sure where you got this information from.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ajay95 said:
If you pass the test; what are next steps ? I have my test scheduled at Scarborough[2nd March-8:15 am]

1. Do they convey test results immediately after test and date of oath ?
2. Any documents to be taken along with us while appearing for test ?
3. Mobile, laptop etc..[do they have lockers] ?
Not sure Scarborough, but in Mississauga you get the result right away, during the interview after the test.
They handed Oath letters during interview and maybe sometime oath is same day.
Take with you all original documents you have sent copies with initial application. However in my case they only checked the IDs (DL, OHIP card and PR) and original passport(s). Have with you all passport in your possession.
No lockers; they ask to put your cell on silent and if you carry any bag, keep it under seat. Why would you bring a laptop with you?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Have to leave for office after test...that's why laptop.

Do you know approx how much time all this took for you at Mississauga ?

era1521 said:
Not sure Scarborough, but in Mississauga you get the result right away, during the interview after the test.
They handed Oath letters during interview and maybe sometime oath is same day.
Take with you all original documents you have sent copies with initial application. However in my case they only checked the IDs (DL, OHIP card and PR) and original passport(s). Have with you all passport in your possession.
No lockers; they ask to put your cell on silent and if you carry any bag, keep it under seat. Why would you bring a laptop with you?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ajay95 said:
Have to leave for office after test...that's why laptop.

Do you know approx how much time all this took for you at Mississauga ?
Test invitation was for 7:45, but it started around 8:15 (until they seated us in the room, handed the tests, give us instructions, etc). Not sure if anyone stayed until the end of 30min, but around 9:00 they called us back in the room. There were 5 officers interviewing. My wife and I went second at one of them and at 9:27 (i remember because I had the parking paid until 9:20) we were in the car leaving. When we left, there were around 30 people more waiting for interview and to interview all maybe was around 10-10:30.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience !

era1521 said:
Test invitation was for 7:45, but it started around 8:15 (until they seated us in the room, handed the tests, give us instructions, etc). Not sure if anyone stayed until the end of 30min, but around 9:00 they called us back in the room. There were 5 officers interviewing. My wife and I went second at one of them and at 9:27 (i remember because I had the parking paid until 9:20) we were in the car leaving. When we left, there were around 30 people more waiting for interview and to interview all maybe was around 10-10:30.