App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
What will be the next step? Transfer the documents to the local office? I read the posts here and find someone said there will be very fast for the email AOR receiver to transfer the applications as soon as it was in process. Hope it is true.

Paco said:
Lol me too I noticed, my name/status is written twice ;D .

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent and was informed my application was transferred to the local office on Dec 16th and is now undergoing the mandatory security clearance.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Congs. Test invitation will come soon.
Could you please share your timeline?
chelavnzuo said:
Just got off the phone with a CIC agent and was informed my application was transferred to the local office on Dec 16th and is now undergoing the mandatory security clearance.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received fingerprint request letter from St. Clair office today. Just wanted to update u guys with my status.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
My application was sent on Sep 16th and received on Sep 19th . The ECAS shows it’s in process since Nov 28th, shortly after that the receive line disappeared and I got the letter AOR and study book around Dec 12th.
There’s no update in ECAS since then, so I phoned CIC today and was informed my application was transferred to the local office on Dec 16th.
I live in Victoria so I guess my local office would be in Vancouver.

ualiu said:
Congs. Test invitation will come soon.
Could you please share your timeline?

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Does anyone know what are the stages the application goes through while "In Process"?
I know that the first stage is the "Background Check" but what's next?

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
;D guess what... I received my AOR from CIC thru email today with PDF file attachment... kindly see hereunder the email and pdf file

email says:

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: C0000XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

PDF file says:

Dear XXXXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is
required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a
knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age must meet language and knowledge
requirements:
• Ability to carry on a simple conversation in either English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on Canada’s history, geography, government, and the
rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada
study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you
are encouraged to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the
knowledge requirement and to assist in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare
for the test.

It is very important that you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e., address, email, and
telephone number). Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.
You may also call the CIC Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, congrats!!

HOP said:
;D guess what... I received my AOR from CIC thru email today with PDF file attachment... kindly see hereunder the email and pdf file

email says:

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: C0000XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

PDF file says:

Dear XXXXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is
required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a
knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age must meet language and knowledge
requirements:
• Ability to carry on a simple conversation in either English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on Canada's history, geography, government, and the
rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada
study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you
are encouraged to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the
knowledge requirement and to assist in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare
for the test.

It is very important that you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e., address, email, and
telephone number). Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.
You may also call the CIC Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats HOP !

So now only two members left:

Pamma97, Sep 22
itguy78, Sep 30

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats HOP and everyone who received AOR!
Hop, Paco, ualiu and others from September who received AOR in January - can you reply saying if your application was single or family ? I wonder if all those who got AOR so late were all "Family" type applications.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Hop, Paco, ualiu and others from September who received AOR in January - can you reply saying if your application was single or family ? I wonder if all those who got AOR so late were all "Family" type applications.
Single.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Single.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
single
itguy78 said: