+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got back from holidays and guess what? Nothing in mail :( I was hoping for test invite :p
Good luck to everyone 8)

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi Desigirltoronto84,

I am not sure which video you have seen OR are referring to. I am refeerring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92dQnfXyAU. At 7 minutes and 18 seconds (7:18), it clearly says "Do not send any documents that we have not requested". I can't find where it said the same thing in the Application form OR Instruction Guide, but I was filling the form with another colleague and he pointed that out to me, when I removed the extra documents that I was planning to send. He also told me about one of his freinds who had sent in extra documents and his processing had been astronomically delayed.

Now to your specific questions:
1) coloured photo copy of the full passport It says biographical pages and not all pages clearly. It is also explained what is meant by biographical pages
2) an excel sheet mapping the exit / entry stamps in the passport with the corresponding travel dates and page number of the passport I have never seen exit stamp from Canada on the passport. As far as Entry stamps are concerned, the last 3-4 times that I came into Canada, I went through the automated system and that doesn't generate a stamp on the passport. So, I can't map my exact travel dates to exit/entry stamps.
3) NOAs and T4s for the past 4 years I don't know if NOA is considered proof of employmenet which is what was asked. I did provide T4s as it is considered proof of employment, but only for 3 years, as I was in the US in the 4th year prior to my application which doesn't issue T4s
4) itineraries and Boarding Pass of my air travels within four years Again, I did not see this information as requested. What was requested was that I provide consent for them to retrieve records from CBSA which I did provide.
5) employment letter confirming that you need stay in the city to do your job Again, for one this was not requested and two it is not true. I am required to travel as part of my job and do not need to stay in the city
You provided exactly what was requested. Which is great! I guess, they needed more info/clarification on the file that's why they asked for more information.

I actually consulted three friends who two of whom have received their citizenship within 9 months from the date of the application. One got RQ'd. Focusing on the ones who got their citizenship within 9 months - one asked me ONLY send what was required, the other one gave me a complete opposite response. My personal opinion (emphasis on *PERSONAL* please) - if the case is not straight forward I believe, it is wise to provide more information upfront. Now, at the time of the application it is upto the applicant to decide whether their case is straight forward or not.

Re the stamps : You are right Canada doesn't give you a stamp on entry BUT you should have exit stamps from the destination country. You should have entry stamps to that country too.

Anyway, thank you to TheCoolGuySam, ITGuy78 and to yourself for providing your share of input on this matter.

I would like to put this conversation to rest if that's OK. :)

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
So I'm trying to make sense of this.. the form I submitted in Sept 2014 was labeled as: "CIT 0002 (05-2014) E". TODAY (1/14/2015) I went to the cic website and downloaded the form again and it has the exact same label. Now to the confusing part... the one I submitted says this on Question 6F: "If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records." whereas the one I got from their site TODAY says: "If you answered yes to attending an educational institution, you must provide photocopies of your education records."

I would figure that any changes to the forms should be accompanied by a label/date change of the form ? In any case I was wondering if anybody knows when that got changed. I know for a fact my forms were "recent" back when I sent them so by "Old CIT0002 form" it can't be more than a few months old...

That is strange. Are you re-applying and using the new form for the second application ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
I sent work records (NOAs, Employment letter, etc), but I haven't even received AOR yet since my application was received in Sept 30th.
Did you use the old form(asking for work records) or new form(no work records)?

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
E-case: after login using my client No. only this information is shown. I am not able to log in the e-case using application No. Anyone had the similar experience?

HomeMy ApplicationClient Application Status
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
MyName

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Remove website access to my application status and address information.
Note: This means you or anyone else will no longer be able to access your application status and address information on this website. You will have to contact us to learn about changes to your application status and to update your address information.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
ualiu said:
In the email AOR, there is an application No like C000023456.
So I called call center again. This time the agent gave me an Application no like the one you mentioned. But said probably I am among very few people who actually missed getting an email AOR. So he confirmed the file is in Sydney yet. So my question is how long to get an ecas status update? And how long does it take to get a file transferred to local office? Fyi, I am in Calgary

deepsight

Jan 7, 2015
Hi, I have received the AOR email for the first application but I already sent the 2nd application, what will happen when they receive the 2nd one ?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
So I called call center again. This time the agent gave me an Application no like the one you mentioned. But said probably I am among very few people who actually missed getting an email AOR. So he confirmed the file is in Sydney yet. So my question is how long to get an ecas status update? And how long does it take to get a file transferred to local office? Fyi, I am in Calgary
It's hard to say. If you look at the excel sheet where everybody is updating their status the average wait is 2 -7 days. Mostly 2 days... Did you check your junk folder?

Anyway, on a related note - did they tell you on which date CIC sent you the AOR? If after two days of that day you still can't login to ecas I would do things differently. I would send an ATIP or launch a case specific inquiry...(use your client ID number for both)

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepsight said:
Hi, I have received the AOR email for the first application but I already sent the 2nd application, what will happen when they receive the 2nd one ?
If I were you, I would send a case specific inquiry advising them to ignore the second application. Aldo explain why you sent it in the first place.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Did you use the old form(asking for work records) or new form(no work records)?
The form wasn't "old" when I sent it - that's for sure, but it did ask for work records, so that's why I provided them.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
The form wasn't "old" when I sent it - that's for sure, but it did ask for work records, so that's why I provided them.
if the form said that it required work records then it means you sent the old form which was applicable during that time. You did the right thing by sending work records. Now the new form does not ask for work records. You are safe.

i think the form label remained the same: CIT 0002 (05-2014) E however the employment proof(work records) option has been removed in the current form.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Congrats Alex_78 and Johoja ! your're no more stuck in step 1 =)

The remaining:

Pamma97, Sep 22
Hop, Sep 25
itguy78, Sep 30

Go go go CIC !

ualiu said:
No, there is no any status, only my home address is shown.
It's normal, I had the same thing, my ECAS was enabled on Jan 14 but only showing my address.
Since today I can see my name and status 'Received' under my address.

When I click on Received I get more details:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
yes, you are correct.

Just now I checked the status, as shown. But there are two my name with the same message.

Citizenship Application(s)
Applicant Citizenship Application Status
MyName In Process
MyName In Process

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Ecas is really a very system with bugs.

Paco said:
Congrats Alex_78 and Johoja ! your're no more stuck in step 1 =)

The remaining:

Pamma97, Sep 22
Hop, Sep 25
itguy78, Sep 30

Go go go CIC !

It's normal, I had the same thing, my ECAS was enabled on Jan 14 but only showing my address.
Since today I can see my name and status 'Received' under my address.

When I click on Received I get more details:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
yes, you are correct.

Just now I checked the status, as shown. But there are two my name with the same message.

Citizenship Application(s)
Applicant Citizenship Application Status
MyName In Process
MyName In Process

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Ecas is really a very system with bugs.
Lol me too I noticed, my name/status is written twice ;D .