+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not include the documents that you mentioned as it is clearly mentioned in the application that do not send anything additional than what is requested. If you see CIC video on applying, it also reiterates the same.

desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey garian4u, what documents did you submit with your initial application ?

Did you include the following document as "supporting documents"
1) coloured photo copy of the full passport
2) an excel sheet mapping the exit / entry stamps in the passport with the corresponding travel dates and page number of the passport
3) NOAs and T4s for the past 4 years
4) itineraries and Boarding Pass of my air travels within four years
5) employment letter confirming that you need stay in the city to do your job

Just wondering if you included these documents in your initial application.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I did not include the documents that you mentioned as it is clearly mentioned in the application that do not send anything additional than what is requested. If you see CIC video on applying, it also reiterates the same.
Good for you.

Although, I have to say that I printed and read the application instruction guide at least 50 times (not exaggerating :) ...) I did not see anywhere in the document where it is written NOT to include additional documents. Instead, at the beginning of the "Gather Documents" section it said - "Note: Additional documents may be required during the processing of your application." Also, the video says "not to substitute any document mentioned in the checklist" i don't recall it saying DO NOT under any circumstances add additional documents.

Anyway,to each their own, I guess. Best of luck with your RQ. Keep us posted on your application progress.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Because before july/august the AOR was sent by mail not email.
so most of the time the applicants where able to see in-process in their ECAS a couple of days/weeks before receiving the brown enveloppe ;-) .

Now we receive email AOR quickly after our file is opened.
The spreedsheet is 99.9% accurate as I'm the one hosting the file and maintaining it :p :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc
Thanks, Paco! :) I have updated my progress - nice work on the stats.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
I included full copies of passports (Black and white), NOAs and an employment letter ... I have a lot of entry/exits without stamps because I use my Nexus Card to cross the border (I also included a copy of the card so they can search its entry/exit records). I do have a number of boarding passes and almost all my trip itineraries (with receipts, etc) but that would add up to a lot of paper to send initially, so instead of sending that I chose to add detailed info on my online residence calculator (specifying the ports of entry and exit). Since then I have also obtained CBSA and CBP records but I found those to be somewhat incomplete (specially CBP). I'm expecting RQ because I work from home (as a full time employee) for a US company (despite of being very meticulous about keeping track of my physical presence). I haven't received AOR yet, so I'll update the thread/spreadsheets on whatever happens next.

You never know! You may not get a RQ.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I don't think CBSA records are incomplete - I think they only record the entry dates. I requested one too - to triple check all my dates.

Is it a single or a family application for you?

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey I don't think so. It says on the eCas clearly when the file is transferred to the local office.
Oh I see. Please keep us updated and we look forward

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
After receiving email AOR on Monday night, this morning I am able to login eCAS. There is nothing status shown but only the information of how to change the home address. Maybe CIC is reviewing my application now.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
You never know! You may not get a RQ.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I don't think CBSA records are incomplete - I think they only record the entry dates. I requested one too - to triple check all my dates.

Is it a single or a family application for you?
The full copies of passport I included at suggestion of the paralegal who helped me fill out the application (I wanted to avoid it being returned because of silly mistakes so I paid someone to review it). The NOAs and Employment letter aren't really "extra" since they ask for "Employment Records" in the application -- they just don't specify what those should be.

CBSA is way better than CBP on keeping records, also CBSA DOES have EXIT records but they only started keeping track of those in July 2013 -- I requested both entry and exit records from them and most (if not all) of my exits after July 2013 are on the report. For CBP I actually had to appeal my FOIA request for them to provide my Nexus card entries -- I don't think they even provided my exit records. To be honest I was surprised it only took them about 3 and 1/2 months to process the request (as inaccurate as it can be) but at least I can tell the interview officer I did all I could to get the complete records. In any case most of my trips are just between Canada and US so with my passport stamps and the two reports I should be able to prove all my entries and exits.

My application is technically "Family" but it really is just me and my spouse.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCas status got changed from "received" to "in Process" today and got an additional line of statement that they have started processing my application on 12th Jan,2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
garian4u said:
I second that.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
Good for you.

Although, I have to say that I printed and read the application instruction guide at least 50 times (not exaggerating :) ...) I did not see anywhere in the document where it is written NOT to include additional documents. Instead, at the beginning of the "Gather Documents" section it said - "Note: Additional documents may be required during the processing of your application." Also, the video says "not to substitute any document mentioned in the checklist" i don't recall it saying DO NOT under any circumstances add additional documents.

Anyway,to each their own, I guess. Best of luck with your RQ. Keep us posted on your application progress.
Please note and remember that if RQ is bound to happen then no matter what additional documents you send with the initial application, it will still happen. There are various factors that can trigger RQ and lots of information is available if you google it. CIC officers are very muc experienced and they check 100s of applications a day and they assess the application to make sure that it is complete and if they find any discrepancies then RQ is likely to occur.

As per forum member's experience there is no proof that additional documents helped even though it did not harm. If you watch the video carefully, it says not to send additional documents not being asked:

Here this is what he said:

“However, do not provide documents that we have not requested.”

Here is the video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92dQnfXyAU
Please watch from 7:15

Old CIT0002 form used to ask about employment proof and now new form does not ask for it so it means it is not required to send work records.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Paco said:
Congrats ualiu !

So now the remaining are:

Alex_78, Sep 8
Hop, Sep 25
itguy78, Sep 30

I guess they will receive their AOR this week.
And me...I'm waiting on my AOR too... application received on 22nd sept. have tracking number and receipt information but no AOR or anything on ecas. let see when we get something. hopefully next me then Hop then itguy according to application dates.

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepsight said:
Is it better to send copy to all pages of the Pasport ? Or just the biographical pages

I would send the biographical only as they asked

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Paco said:
Thanks gupta.rk, I feel relieved =) .

Now crossing my fingers for: Alex_78, Hop and itguy78 to get their AOR, so we can complete this step for all september applicants.

I hope also that we'll get a better treatment for the next step : in-process > local office transfer 8)
Hello Paco and ualiu

I have not received any AOR yet. However, when I called call center yesterday this is the first time they acknowledged for the first time that they received my application on Sep 8. I would say this is a good development, better than nothing. Just wonder how long they will take to issue an AOR.