App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
what is shown in your ecas? Hope we have a faster pace after receiving the AOR because we have waited for a longer time in the first stage.
gupta.rk said:
Congrats ..finally you got it

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
@ ualiu: My understanding is that if there's any question/concerns you can contact the CIC call centre. You're supposed to notify them if your address changes and/or when you won't be home for 2 weeks so I am pretty sure they can put address notifications on your file. Having said that, if the Postal Code is correct, I would probably not worry about the city name being misspelled.

I woke up today to find a generic email response to a question I sent out on Dec 10th:

The AOR wait continues...
That is actually not a generic email.

I got a response for my e-cas inquire I made on Dec 11 . It says :

Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your application has been received and is currently in queue awaiting assignment to an agent for processing.

An email was sent to you acknowledging receipt of your application on January 5, 2015.

Please contact us if you have not received this email.

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

I would interpret your email as they haven't opened your file yet. But it is still there.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked eCas today:

It got updated ----

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Checked eCas today:

It got updated ----

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.
Congrats !!
Does it mean your application has been transferred to local office?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maryafar said:
Congrats !!
Does it mean your application has been transferred to local office?
When the application is transferred, there would be a line added to ecas stating that the application has been transferred to (name of the office)

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Congrats ..finally you got it
Thanks gupta.rk, I feel relieved =) .

Now crossing my fingers for: Alex_78, Hop and itguy78 to get their AOR, so we can complete this step for all september applicants.

I hope also that we'll get a better treatment for the next step : in-process > local office transfer 8)

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
what is shown in your ecas? Hope we have a faster pace after receiving the AOR because we have waited for a longer time in the first stage.
my eCas has received status only and it has only one update that AOR has been sent on 9th Jan,2015 and application received on 12th Sep,2014

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Thanks gupta.rk, I feel relieved =) .

Now crossing my fingers for: Alex_78, Hop and itguy78 to get their AOR, so we can complete this step for all september applicants.

I hope also that we'll get a better treatment for the next step : in-process > local office transfer 8)
I can tell that everyone will get their AOR sooner or later , we just need to wait and follow up with them with our strong statements.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I think there are two spreadsheets going around.

this one some how seems more accurate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true

In the other one, the AOR received date is after the In process date. Which doesn't make sense because you get the AOR first and then your application is set to In Process Status.

The other one is :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I looked through the sheet and it appears that there are only 3 cases with RQ (including me). Is that true? Or is that there are others who got an RQ but are not on this forum or thread? Anyways, none of these 3 RQ cases have even got a test date. So, looks like a long haul for us. Btw, I analysed all the factors that beauhoe sent and also read through various forums, and it appears that my RQ may not have been related to the foreign trips, but due to an address changed in the last 3 months. My Driver License, OHIP, etc. had a new address and by the time I was applying for citizenship, I had completed less than 4 months at this address, and hence there is a response on the application form (how long have you been living at this address) and my response was 3 months. Although, it is very hard to tell the exact reason for the RQ, I now feel this could be a stronger valid reason rather than anything else. Otherwise, it would be very odd for both I and my wife to get an RQ as soon as processing started.
this is the main sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I looked through the sheet and it appears that there are only 3 cases with RQ (including me). Is that true? Or is that there are others who got an RQ but are not on this forum or thread? Anyways, none of these 3 RQ cases have even got a test date. So, looks like a long haul for us. Btw, I analysed all the factors that beauhoe sent and also read through various forums, and it appears that my RQ may not have been related to the foreign trips, but due to an address changed in the last 3 months. My Driver License, OHIP, etc. had a new address and by the time I was applying for citizenship, I had completed less than 4 months at this address, and hence there is a response on the application form (how long have you been living at this address) and my response was 3 months. Although, it is very hard to tell the exact reason for the RQ, I now feel this could be a stronger valid reason rather than anything else. Otherwise, it would be very odd for both I and my wife to get an RQ as soon as processing started.

Hey garian4u, what documents did you submit with your initial application ?

Did you include the following document as "supporting documents"
1) coloured photo copy of the full passport
2) an excel sheet mapping the exit / entry stamps in the passport with the corresponding travel dates and page number of the passport
3) NOAs and T4s for the past 4 years
4) itineraries and Boarding Pass of my air travels within four years
5) employment letter confirming that you need stay in the city to do your job

Just wondering if you included these documents in your initial application.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey guys, I think there are two spreadsheets going around.

this one some how seems more accurate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true

In the other one, the AOR received date is after the In process date. Which doesn't make sense because you get the AOR first and then your application is set to In Process Status.

The other one is :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc
Because before july/august the AOR was sent by mail not email.
so most of the time the applicants where able to see in-process in their ECAS a couple of days/weeks before receiving the brown enveloppe ;-) .

Now we receive email AOR quickly after our file is opened.
The spreedsheet is 99.9% accurate as I'm the one hosting the file and maintaining it :p :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey garian4u, what documents did you submit with your initial application ?

Did you include the following document as "supporting documents"
1) coloured photo copy of the full passport
2) an excel sheet mapping the exit / entry stamps in the passport with the corresponding travel dates and page number of the passport
3) NOAs and T4s for the past 4 years
4) itineraries and Boarding Pass of my air travels within four years
5) employment letter confirming that you need stay in the city to do your job

Just wondering if you included these documents in your initial application.
I included full copies of passports (Black and white), NOAs and an employment letter ... I have a lot of entry/exits without stamps because I use my Nexus Card to cross the border (I also included a copy of the card so they can search its entry/exit records). I do have a number of boarding passes and almost all my trip itineraries (with receipts, etc) but that would add up to a lot of paper to send initially, so instead of sending that I chose to add detailed info on my online residence calculator (specifying the ports of entry and exit). Since then I have also obtained CBSA and CBP records but I found those to be somewhat incomplete (specially CBP). I'm expecting RQ because I work from home (as a full time employee) for a US company (despite of being very meticulous about keeping track of my physical presence). I haven't received AOR yet, so I'll update the thread/spreadsheets on whatever happens next.