+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
However it is good to always send a cover letter addressing "any" concerns that one might have. The file passes through atleast 3 people (Sydney, local and test) and sometimes more. So there is no way of assuming that one might overlook, or get lucky. Its safe to write a letter and explain. If its written and on record already, it is legally binding and so they wont have to issue a RQ later and ask for something, so that they can file as legal support docs at a later time.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for sharing this insight!

Raman_Ram said:
garian4u, I spoke with CIC sometime back asking about my decision to move provinces (not just address) and my concern of getting RQ. The agent told that they don't simply issue a RQ because of a recent address change anymore. RQ is issued only when multiple factors come to play at the same time. The agent said that they acknowledge that people move all the time and so I shouldn't be concerned.
Until you go to the test and confirm your suspicion with the officer, there is no surety in that assumption any more, given the new triage for identifying RQ cases.

Yes in 2012 and 2013 they simply RQed anyone with a new address and saw that to come back and bite them in the form of crazy backlogs. They ended up having to ask for millions from the government to hire additional resources to go through them. So you can be assured that they wont redo the same thing and lose face infront of the budgeting officers again.

And no there is no long haul like before. Recently FP and RQ requests too were being handled fast. So couple more extra months.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Is this the "so-called" AOR? I received the email on 8:13PM.

-----------------------------
Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about C00002XXXXX
UCI: 6XXXXXXX
Application No.: C00002XXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
Congrats ualiu !

So now the remaining are:

Alex_78, Sep 8
Hop, Sep 25
itguy78, Sep 30

I guess they will receive their AOR this week.

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
Congrats! Im hoping for positive outcome for me as well just crossing my finger, mine is a family application of 3 so maybe it would take longer for them to finish our files. hope so, xxxxx

Paco said:
Congrats ualiu !

So now the remaining are:

Alex_78, Sep 8
Hop, Sep 25
itguy78, Sep 30

I guess they will receive their AOR this week.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
This morning when i am reading the pdf letter carefully, I find my address (city) was spell wrong. Do you know how I can change it? Thanks.

ualiu said:
Is this the "so-called" AOR? I received the email on 8:13PM.

-----------------------------
Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about C00002XXXXX
UCI: 6XXXXXXX
Application No.: C00002XXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear MyName,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official
---------

In the pdf attachment,

Subject: APLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITZENSHIP

Dear XXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your aplication for Canadian Citzenship. Citzenship and Imigration Canada

(CIC) wil review your aplication and suporting documents and wil contact you if aditonal information is

required. When your aplication has ben reviewed and has met basic eligbilty, CIC wil invite you to a

knowledge test, interview and/or cermony, as aplicable.

To become aCanadian citzen, persons betwen 18 and 54 years of age must met language and knowledge

requirements:

• Abilty to cary on asimple conversation in either English or French.

• Abilty to pas awriten or oral test on Canada's history, geography, government, and the

rights and responsiblites of citzenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada

study guide.

• Ifyou are receivng this leter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at

ww.ci.gc.a/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.

• If you are receivng this leter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pas mark for the citzenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 corect answers out of 20), therfore you

are ncouraged to begin studying for the test as early as posible to ensure that you are able to met he

knowledge requirement and to asist in the ficent procesing of your aplication.

Please vist our website at for more information on how to prepare

for the test.

It is very important hat you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e, adres, email, and

telphone number). Please vist our website at for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;

2. Aplication procesing times;

3. Checking the staus of your aplication.

You may also cal the CIC Cal Centre tol-fre number at 1-88-242-10.

Thank you,

ww.ci.gc.a/english/citzenship/cit-est.asp

ww.ci.gc.a

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ualiu: My understanding is that if there's any question/concerns you can contact the CIC call centre. You're supposed to notify them if your address changes and/or when you won't be home for 2 weeks so I am pretty sure they can put address notifications on your file. Having said that, if the Postal Code is correct, I would probably not worry about the city name being misspelled.

I woke up today to find a generic email response to a question I sent out on Dec 10th:

Dear Client,

The Citizenship application process is a lengthy one and can take between 24 and 36 months or longer. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter, you will be able to check your file's status online.

Please refer to the following website for information on preparing for the citizenship test:

<cic site> /english / citizenship/ index.asp

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
The AOR wait continues...

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
thank you. I believe you will receive the AOR very very soon because we share the same timeline.
itguy78 said:
@ ualiu: My understanding is that if there's any question/concerns you can contact the CIC call centre. You're supposed to notify them if your address changes and/or when you won't be home for 2 weeks so I am pretty sure they can put address notifications on your file. Having said that, if the Postal Code is correct, I would probably not worry about the city name being misspelled.

I woke up today to find a generic email response to a question I sent out on Dec 10th:

The AOR wait continues...

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
ualiu said:
thank you. I believe you will receive the AOR very very soon because we share the same timeline.
I am also waiting my application was delivered oct2nd - just a few days after you itguy.

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
sent 4 ecas enquiry, 1 email and 1 ATIP and this is what I got from them... maybe we are being process under the old system, I don't know what really going on but I hope our papers are in and complete because its been almost 4 months otherwise the time past is just wasted. anyway, still considered blessed because we are now here and applying for Citizenship than those still applying for PR, will get the citizenship when we get it..... cheers!

Dear Client,

The Citizenship application process is a lengthy one and can take between 24 and 36 months or longer. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter, you will be able to check your file’s status online. Please do not reapply at this time.

Please refer to the following website for information on preparing for the citizenship test:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp.

Regards,

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
The question is we donot know based on which criteria they put certain applications on the old system or the new system. Bless us!

HOP said:
sent 4 ecas enquiry, 1 email and 1 ATIP and this is what I got from them... maybe we are being process under the old system, I don't know what really going on but I hope our papers are in and complete because its been almost 4 months otherwise the time past is just wasted. anyway, still considered blessed because we are now here and applying for Citizenship than those still applying for PR, will get the citizenship when we get it..... cheers!

Dear Client,

The Citizenship application process is a lengthy one and can take between 24 and 36 months or longer. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter, you will be able to check your file's status online. Please do not reapply at this time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp.

Regards,

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Congrats !

Interessting, as my file reached CIC 2 days earlier than you (sept 10th).

After xx calls, 1 eletronic inquiry, and 1 ATIP still no answers.

I'm preparing to resend the file.

4 months wasted, + new extra fees too pay, frustrating...
Hi I will suggest to wait little bit more rather then sending a new application again