+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
CIC does not record any data for applications been returned.

However, doing case specific enquiry or ATIP enquiry with application details like date of delivery, tracking number, signed by etc can be utilized by cic to do a search to find the application which is lying somewhere on their shelves being left unattended so that they can search the application and start to work on it.

If the application has been returned by canada post, it is sent by regular post and if it is lost then there is no way to track it.
I may be wrong. But I am not sure how you are so confident about this. Have you experienced this personally ? The only way to confirm would be if someone did an ATIP request on a returned application package.

They have to keep a track of applications sent and those that were returned or rejected. There is a question in the application which asks have you applied for citizenship before - I would imagine there would be a way to confirm the response. No? Again, I am responding from a place of logic as it make sense to me. It might not be the reality! :)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
Guys please start using this spreadsheet.. This is for all and it will help how things are moving. Don't create a new one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true
I looked through the sheet and it appears that there are only 3 cases with RQ (including me). Is that true? Or is that there are others who got an RQ but are not on this forum or thread? Anyways, none of these 3 RQ cases have even got a test date. So, looks like a long haul for us. Btw, I analysed all the factors that beauhoe sent and also read through various forums, and it appears that my RQ may not have been related to the foreign trips, but due to an address changed in the last 3 months. My Driver License, OHIP, etc. had a new address and by the time I was applying for citizenship, I had completed less than 4 months at this address, and hence there is a response on the application form (how long have you been living at this address) and my response was 3 months. Although, it is very hard to tell the exact reason for the RQ, I now feel this could be a stronger valid reason rather than anything else. Otherwise, it would be very odd for both I and my wife to get an RQ as soon as processing started.

mlp

Jan 11, 2015
.. sept 2 but they returned it and resend it lASt oct 2 i got a copy of the study guide

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
I may be wrong. But I am not sure how you are so confident about this. Have you experienced this personally ? The only way to confirm would be if someone did an ATIP request on a returned application package.

They have to keep a track of applications sent and those that were returned or rejected. There is a question in the application which asks have you applied for citizenship before - I would imagine there would be a way to confirm the response. No? Again, I am responding from a place of logic as it make sense to me. It might not be the reality! :)
I spoke to CIC in detail about what happens when application is being returned. They said that application returned means never received.
ATIP is electronic records and it will not yield anything because the application returned is never entered into the system this ATIP is not going to yield any result. Although using ATIP or Case Specific Enquiry can lead them to do a search for the application at their office by locating the applications received during that specific date and after finding the application, they can enter the application into the system.

When they return the application, they send it by canada post regular mail and if it is lost during the transit then there is no way to track it.

If CIC does not consider application complete, they will return it. If the consider it complete and if they require additional documents then they will enter the application into system (ecas) and then will send a letter asking for additional documents which might make application non-routine

Also, I have read in this forum that when the application is returned, it has a letter included with it to show what is missing. However parts of applications are stamped or marked by CIC. Same can be resubmitted with missing documents unless it is stale dated.

Resubmitting the new application by check marking yes with year should be done in the section "I have applied for Canadian citizenship before" and on the cover letter you need to mention that the application was returned due to such and such reason and is being resubmitted.

Plz check the following link: (plz check New procedures – Effective immediately): This document has expired but can still be referenced to show what is done when application is returned and it clearly shows that the application would not be entered into the system if it is returned.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob300b.asp

Here is another link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Please check the procedures part and Guidelines part.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I looked through the sheet and it appears that there are only 3 cases with RQ (including me). Is that true? Or is that there are others who got an RQ but are not on this forum or thread? Anyways, none of these 3 RQ cases have even got a test date. So, looks like a long haul for us. Btw, I analysed all the factors that beauhoe sent and also read through various forums, and it appears that my RQ may not have been related to the foreign trips, but due to an address changed in the last 3 months. My Driver License, OHIP, etc. had a new address and by the time I was applying for citizenship, I had completed less than 4 months at this address, and hence there is a response on the application form (how long have you been living at this address) and my response was 3 months. Although, it is very hard to tell the exact reason for the RQ, I now feel this could be a stronger valid reason rather than anything else. Otherwise, it would be very odd for both I and my wife to get an RQ as soon as processing started.
That’s strange. are you saying you got an RQ because you moved to a new place in the last 3 months from the date of your application?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
That's strange. are you saying you got an RQ because you moved to a new place in the last 3 months from the date of your application?
Yes, but it is a best guess. This is after reading through several threads and forums. I am not sure why it is an issue, because all previous addresses are listed in the application. I believe they are unsure of the discrepancies. For example Passport shows the old address, as you don't really update addresses in your passport with each change. But, DL, OHIP card are showing new addresses. God knows what is the filtering criteria. If they pull a credit file, it should be much easier. All Credit cards, employment records, CRA updated their address at the same time.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Yes, but it is a best guess. This is after reading through several threads and forums. I am not sure why it is an issue, because all previous addresses are listed in the application. I believe they are unsure of the discrepancies. For example Passport shows the old address, as you don't really update addresses in your passport with each change. But, DL, OHIP card are showing new addresses. God knows what is the filtering criteria. If they pull a credit file, it should be much easier. All Credit cards, employment records, CRA updated their address at the same time.
I see. But still doesn't make sense because as long as you are at a Canadian Address and you have documents to prove it - it shouldn't matter.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I spoke to CIC in detail about what happens when application is being returned. They said that application returned means never received.
ATIP is electronic records and it will not yield anything because the application returned is never entered into the system this ATIP is not going to yield any result. Although using ATIP or Case Specific Enquiry can lead them to do a search for the application at their office by locating the applications received during that specific date and after finding the application, they can enter the application into the system.

When they return the application, they send it by canada post regular mail and if it is lost during the transit then there is no way to track it.

If CIC does not consider application complete, they will return it. If the consider it complete and if they require additional documents then they will enter the application into system (ecas) and then will send a letter asking for additional documents which might make application non-routine

Also, I have read in this forum that when the application is returned, it has a letter included with it to show what is missing. However parts of applications are stamped or marked by CIC. Same can be resubmitted with missing documents unless it is stale dated.

Resubmitting the new application by check marking yes with year should be done in the section "I have applied for Canadian citizenship before" and on the cover letter you need to mention that the application was returned due to such and such reason and is being resubmitted.

Plz check the following link: (plz check New procedures – Effective immediately): This document has expired but can still be referenced to show what is done when application is returned and it clearly shows that the application would not be entered into the system if it is returned.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob300b.asp

Here is another link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Please check the procedures part and Guidelines part.

Thanks for the detailed response.

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
..You have to tick "Yes" only if your application was accepted before and citizenship was rejected after processing stage..application returned means never applied before.I have confirmed it with cic agent.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgimmy said:
..You have to tick "Yes" only if your application was accepted before and citizenship was rejected after processing stage..application returned means never applied before.I have confirmed it with cic agent.
I AGREE ,MY APPLICATION WAS RETURNED TO ME DUE TO INCOMPLETE RESIDENCE CALCULATOR FORM ,I RESUBMITTED THE SAME EXACT APPLICATION WITH THE MISSING DOCUMENT (COMPLETE THIS TIME) BUT I DID NOT CHECK ,TICK OR CHANGE ANYTHINGELSE AND MY APPLICATION WAS ACCEPTED AND IS IN PROCESS NOW.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sgimmy said:
abdul560 said:
I AGREE ,MY APPLICATION WAS RETURNED TO ME DUE TO INCOMPLETE RESIDENCE CALCULATOR FORM ,I RESUBMITTED THE SAME EXACT APPLICATION WITH THE MISSING DOCUMENT (COMPLETE THIS TIME) BUT I DID NOT CHECK ,TICK OR CHANGE ANYTHINGELSE AND MY APPLICATION WAS ACCEPTED AND IS IN PROCESS NOW.

Thank you. I will remember this and it would be helpful for other members in this forum as well.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Is this the "so-called" AOR? I received the email on 8:13PM.

-----------------------------
Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about C00002XXXXX
UCI: 6XXXXXXX
Application No.: C00002XXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear MyName,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official
---------

In the pdf attachment,

Subject: APLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITZENSHIP

Dear XXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your aplication for Canadian Citzenship. Citzenship and Imigration Canada

(CIC) wil review your aplication and suporting documents and wil contact you if aditonal information is

required. When your aplication has ben reviewed and has met basic eligbilty, CIC wil invite you to a

knowledge test, interview and/or cermony, as aplicable.

To become aCanadian citzen, persons betwen 18 and 54 years of age must met language and knowledge

requirements:

• Abilty to cary on asimple conversation in either English or French.

• Abilty to pas awriten or oral test on Canada’s history, geography, government, and the

rights and responsiblites of citzenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada

study guide.

• Ifyou are receivng this leter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at

ww.ci.gc.a/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.

• If you are receivng this leter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pas mark for the citzenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 corect answers out of 20), therfore you

are ncouraged to begin studying for the test as early as posible to ensure that you are able to met he

knowledge requirement and to asist in the ficent procesing of your aplication.

Please vist our website at for more information on how to prepare

for the test.

It is very important hat you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e, adres, email, and

telphone number). Please vist our website at for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;

2. Aplication procesing times;

3. Checking the staus of your aplication.

You may also cal the CIC Cal Centre tol-fre number at 1-88-242-10.

Thank you,

ww.ci.gc.a/english/citzenship/cit-est.asp

ww.ci.gc.a

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Is this the "so-called" AOR? I received the email on 8:13PM.

-----------------------------
Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about C00002XXXXX
UCI: 6XXXXXXX
Application No.: C00002XXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear MyName,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official
---------

In the pdf attachment,

Subject: APLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITZENSHIP

Dear XXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your aplication for Canadian Citzenship. Citzenship and Imigration Canada

(CIC) wil review your aplication and suporting documents and wil contact you if aditonal information is

required. When your aplication has ben reviewed and has met basic eligbilty, CIC wil invite you to a

knowledge test, interview and/or cermony, as aplicable.

To become aCanadian citzen, persons betwen 18 and 54 years of age must met language and knowledge

requirements:

• Abilty to cary on asimple conversation in either English or French.

• Abilty to pas awriten or oral test on Canada's history, geography, government, and the

rights and responsiblites of citzenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada

study guide.

• Ifyou are receivng this leter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at

ww.ci.gc.a/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.

• If you are receivng this leter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pas mark for the citzenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 corect answers out of 20), therfore you

are ncouraged to begin studying for the test as early as posible to ensure that you are able to met he

knowledge requirement and to asist in the ficent procesing of your aplication.

Please vist our website at for more information on how to prepare

for the test.

It is very important hat you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e, adres, email, and

telphone number). Please vist our website at for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;

2. Aplication procesing times;

3. Checking the staus of your aplication.

You may also cal the CIC Cal Centre tol-fre number at 1-88-242-10.

Thank you,

ww.ci.gc.a/english/citzenship/cit-est.asp

ww.ci.gc.a

Yes. Congrats.

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
garian4u said:
garian4u, I spoke with CIC sometime back asking about my decision to move provinces (not just address) and my concern of getting RQ. The agent told that they don't simply issue a RQ because of a recent address change anymore. RQ is issued only when multiple factors come to play at the same time. The agent said that they acknowledge that people move all the time and so I shouldn't be concerned.
Until you go to the test and confirm your suspicion with the officer, there is no surety in that assumption any more, given the new triage for identifying RQ cases.

Yes in 2012 and 2013 they simply RQed anyone with a new address and saw that to come back and bite them in the form of crazy backlogs. They ended up having to ask for millions from the government to hire additional resources to go through them. So you can be assured that they wont redo the same thing and lose face infront of the budgeting officers again.

And no there is no long haul like before. Recently FP and RQ requests too were being handled fast. So couple more extra months.