Pre-Assessed..
VAtoCA said:
Hi guys, I got test invite yesterday via mail. Here is my timeline

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5

What documents do I need for the test?
Hi,

I received my AOR via email yesterday - is it possible to receive a test invite via mail or under the new process is it always under email?

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Ralph82 said:
Hi guys!!
I called CIC this afternoon and, fortunately, the agent was amazing and helpful.
She advised me that my application is already in Mississauga and I'm in queue for test invite. :)
same here. Mississauga is very slow compare to Scarborough. Let us know if anyone from Mississauga local office getting test invite. Thx

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
VAtoCA said:
Hi guys, I got test invite yesterday via mail. Here is my timeline

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5

What documents do I need for the test?
Hi VAtoCA,

Did you receive the AOR via email or post before the test Invite ?

Thanks

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:
Congrats & good luck. May we know you local office? Also, do you see anything on ecas updated? Thanks
Thanks. Local Office is Scarborough and ecas is not updated.

EastVan

Apr 12, 2014
Does anyone has same experience like me when call CIC ? they don't have my address in the system ?

I have not receive my AOR and book (either email or by regular mail ), my case was in process since Nov 20, 2014 when I checked my online status, it also has show my correct address online.
When I Called CIC, they asked my information to confirm first ,. name, date of birth, ID#, after it is all been comfirmmed.
the call center agent said:
"I don't have your address here "(I can felt it is not for confirming purpose) ,so I gave her my address, which worry me a bit, because I can see my online status with my address listed since November. why she can't see my address on her computer ? wonder if that is the reason I haven't receive my letter and book, I started to paranoid 'cause I don't feel like give address over the phone in case of miss typo or something. I gave her anyway, wonder my address gonna base on what I told her over the phone from now on ? ( what if I gave her wrong,or she miss typo )

also call center can only told me that my case was process in NOV 20 which I can check online myself, that is all she got for me. no other information given

does anyone here had been asked address because call center said they don't have it ?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question.

I am using my application number to check my application status. My application number starts with C - the format is C0000XXXXX

When checking your ecas - which Identification Type do you select?

1. Citizenship File Number

OR

2. Immigration File Number / Application Number

When I select #1 it says that "Citizenship File Number" should be all numeric.

eCas still hasn't been updated though. I will wait for another week or so to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepak K said:
Hi VAtoCA,

Did you receive the AOR via email or post before the test Invite ?

Thanks
All the notice (AOR and Test invite) came via regular Canada post mail.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EastVan said:
Does anyone has same experience like me when call CIC ? they don't have my address in the system ?

I have not receive my AOR and book (either email or by regular mail ), my case was in process since Nov 20, 2014 when I checked my online status, it also has show my correct address online.
When I Called CIC, they asked my information to confirm first ,. name, date of birth, ID#, after it is all been comfirmmed.
the call center agent said:
"I don't have your address here "(I can felt it is not for confirming purpose) ,so I gave her my address, which worry me a bit, because I can see my online status with my address listed since November. why she can't see my address on her computer ? wonder if that is the reason I haven't receive my letter and book, I started to paranoid 'cause I don't feel like give address over the phone in case of miss typo or something. I gave her anyway, wonder my address gonna base on what I told her over the phone from now on ? ( what if I gave her wrong,or she miss typo )

also call center can only told me that my case was process in NOV 20 which I can check online myself, that is all she got for me. no other information given

does anyone here had been asked address because call center said they don't have it ?
EastVan - Sorry to hear about the confusion.

I had a similar situation. When I called CIC back in early December - they had my old address (back from the day when I had applied for my PR). When called them again they had the same address - so I requested them to update my address over the phone. There is a very low probability of a Typo because they start with your Postal Code - which is related to your street # and Name. Unless you spelled it wrong it should be OK.

That said, I am very surprised that you are able to search your application ONLINE even though you have not received your AOR. I am assuming you are using your Client ID to search your application. Is that correct?

Well, you can do couple things here :
You can send a Case Specific Inquiry
You can also request your Case File Notes through ATIP.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you Shut up??
Have you heard about Calgary, Edmonton, Regina or Winnipeg offices' processing delays???

pompi said:
same here. Mississauga is very slow compare to Scarborough. Let us know if anyone from Mississauga local office getting test invite. Thx

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
pompi said:
I believe my processing is following a sequence explained by yr97. I happened to check my e-cas today morning(via online) and found the received line is gone. So I guess, it is moved to local office in Mississauga? What is the timeline from here any idea? I am planning to go to my home country coming March-2015!!

Question: I had to apply for my new passport last month(after 2 months of sending this citizenship application) - as it was close to expiry. Do they find out about it? Do I send the new passport information upfront or should I wait for them to ask me? Or if they dont ask me anything, I should just carry it in Citizenship Interview?

Thx
Exactly same situation here. Mississauga office, going to India in feb/march, waiting for test invite, applied for a new PP after citizenship application. Let me know updates from your end. Thx

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have similar timeline except you've already received your test date, & Mine might take another year just because of being a resident of Calgary

desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi,

I received my AOR via email yesterday - is it possible to receive a test invite via mail or under the new process is it always under email?

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VAtoCA said:
All the notice (AOR and Test invite) came via regular Canada post mail.
Hi VatoCa
when is your test?
our timeline is similar and I was wondering why no one else getting test date in january except me from september applicants....

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:
Hi VatoCa
when is your test?
our timeline is similar and I was wondering why no one else getting test date in january except me from september applicants....
Well, I think that the local office is the issue!
we have approximately the same timeline but we are in deferent location.
Scarborough location is faster than Mississauga.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey guess what? I submitted the ATIP request at 1.27 PM and got an email AOR confirmation from CIC about the citizenship application at 1:57.

At least it's moving.

To answer your question you can submit ATIP request online on their website. You are requesting notes on your application.
Hi,

just received our email AOR today. However, when I check our status online, there is still no record.

App sent: Sept 23 2014
App received by CIC: Sept 26 2014
Email AOR: Jan 6, 2015